Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household items request

Options
  • 15-02-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi

I am moving into an apartment soon in Dublin and I need to buy a lot of items for the apartment such as kettle, toaster, iron, bed sheets, duvets, pillows, dishes, cutlery etc

I would appreciate it greatly if anyone can recommend stores will good prices for such items or even particular bargains that are available at the moment.

I know there is an Ikea in Dublin which is good for furniture but would like to know what other places people would recommend for such items.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Save yourself too much hassle and stick with Ikea and Dunnes (preference would be Dunnes - supporting Irish etc. ;))- can't imagine you'll find much better elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

You can pickup some really good stuff in the second hand shops, I did this and was very surprised at what I was able to pickup for next to nothing, it was all designer stuff also.. only thing is you need to be working or living close as the good stuff usually goes very quickly, so you need to be making regular trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

Does anyone know of any websites where I can get items at good prices. I'm looking for general items such as, kettle, toaster, cutlery etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

Does anyone know of any websites where I can get items at good prices. I'm looking for general items such as, kettle, toaster, cutlery etc.

Thanks

Amazon.co.uk have a huge selection and normally pretty good on price. Have decent sales every so often. You can compare with he likes of did, arnotts and currys sites

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Keep an eye on Freecycle as well, and Dublin Council recycling - someone there has a set of 4 plates, side plates and bowls going at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the bargain basement in Arnotts is good for that stuff and there is an Arnotts bargain shop on Abbey st beside it as well
    if you need white goods then powercity and haggle with them if you are getting a load of items

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

thanks a lot to everyone for the replies:

I am in particular need of a decent Kettle and Toaster.

Has anyone seen any bargains for these items at present or have any tips as to where I might get these at decent prices???

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

thanks a lot to everyone for the replies:

I am in particular need of a decent Kettle and Toaster.

Has anyone seen any bargains for these items at present or have any tips as to where I might get these at decent prices???

Thanks

This kettle (Link) was €35 in currys lately and the matching toaster was also half price. Had either a 2 slice one, or the bigger 4 slice design. The 2 slice was €35, think the four slice was €40, if thats any use to you.

Advertisement