Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Every Actor Makes At Least One Bad Movie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Kindgarten Cop is a bit of a cult classic, so many memorable quotes i.e. "Who is your Daddy and what does he do?". I will give you Jingle All The Way but who in fairness has ever done a good christmas movie?
    That goes back to Bruce Willis and Die Hard 1 and 2. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

who in fairness has ever done a good christmas movie?

Billy Bob Thorton in Bad Santa?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Leonardo DiCaprio?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

Edward Norton in The Italian Job. Great actor - rubbish movie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Leonardo DiCaprio?

The Beach

Titanic

The Departed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

I enjoyed the beach :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Trying to think of a bad Brad Pitt movie
    I know The Mexican wasnt great but it wasnt rubbish

The vastly overrated Julia Roberts is terrible imo. Pretty Woman and Sleeping with the Enemy were her only good ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Apolloyon wrote: »
    Edward Norton in The Italian Job. Great actor - rubbish movie!

Norton has been in his far share of bad films.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Peglegged wrote: »

I wouldn't say any of those are particularly bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I wouldn't say any of those are particularly bad.

indeed but it just a personal opinion and imo

from Leonardo's character that I couldnt give two flying sh1ts about the implausible plot elements in The Beach and a story that meanders aimlessly

And on to Titanic, apart from a decent half hour when the ship was sinking its just a very mediocre to bad romance snoose fest

And the travisty that was The Departed it was just a bad remake of the vastly superior Infernal Affairs, didnt think Scorsese could get it so wrong with a mafia movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Peglegged wrote: »
    indeed but it just a personal opinion and imo

from Leonardo's character that I couldnt give two flying sh1ts about the implausible plot elements in The Beach and a story that meanders aimlessly

And on to Titanic, apart from a decent half hour when the ship was sinking its just a very mediocre to bad romance snoose fest

And the travisty that was The Departed it was just a bad remake of the vastly superior Infernal Affairs, didnt think Scorsese could get it so wrong with a mafia movie
    But all 3 movies were fairly well recieved IIRC. I enjoyed the beach, liked the departed and felt titanic was vastly overrated. But none imo were truly terrible films, i'll have to imdb leo and see his films but i cant think of any that are jingle all the way bad.

Also i just thought of daniel day lewis? Although nine looked ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Ziedth. wrote: »
    Also i just thought of daniel day lewis? Although nine looked ****e

Nine was sh**e! Not because Daniel Day-Lewis' performance was poor but because the film just wasnt very good at all. He's done a good few films aside from the the major blockbusters, I havent seen a lot them like The Age of Innocence, The Ballad of Jack and Rose etc so I would imagine there has to be at least one stinker in there as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I may be wrong but usually if a film stars Clint Eastwood, then it's worth watching!

Paint your Wagon anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Paint your Wagon anyone?
    That's a great film. It's hilarious (intentionally so).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Leonardo Di Caprio

Cant think of one bad movie, some people will rush in and say "Titanic", but you would be wrong.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Has Brice Willis done a bad movie? i mean a really sh!te one alá battlefield earth?

cant think of any really sh!te ones but surrogates pretty bad

faceman wrote: »
    Hudson Hawk wasnt great but I disagreed with the flamed panning it got at the time. It was no worse than Arnie's Last Action Hero.

last action hero is a great film. doesnt take itself seriously at all. the only bad thing about it was that f***ing kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

I reckon Arnold Schwarzenegger has never made a film I didnt like. Thats only if he is playing a major role in a film though, he's done a few bad ones where he's only a secondary character(Batman & Robin) or just a cameo(Terminator Salvation)

arnie hasnt made a good movie since true lies , still love em though

havent seen a bad film with patrick wilson in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Anakin.S wrote: »
    I enjoyed the beach :o

i like the beach for the soundtrack , the thai scenery and the french chick , the movie itself sucks , especially after they arrive at the afforementioned beach

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Robert Redford and Brad Pitt haven't been in many bad films.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I admit I haven't seen all their films, but I've certainly enjoyed all the films the following were in:

Jake Gyllenhaal
    Clive Owen
    Philip Seymour Hoffmann
    Billy Cruddup (though wasn't Watchmen meant to be crap?)
    Guy Pearce

... off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Paint your Wagon anyone?

Awful film. What were they thinking!

Dang, double post. Stupid mobile internet *shuffles off to Vodafone forum*

Saw Batman Forever yesterday, a black mark on Tommy Lee Jones' resume. Still, Nicole Kidman was nyommage.

I'd actually put uma therman's bad superhero movie as Batman & Robin, enjoyed the over-the-top superhero fight (not much else tho) in super ex GirlF

Also, for Nicole Kidman, i give you Bewitched. Loved the casting, hated the story they put in it. That segways (hur hur) as someone else's bad movie, Will Ferrell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

'Every actor makes at least one bad movie' - I give you Alec Baldwin as Mr Conductor in Thomas and the the Magic Railroad. I do know that Alec has made some other bad decisions (Pearl Harbor anyone?).. but this is just shocking stuff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

trustno1 wrote: »
    'Every actor makes at least one bad movie' - I give you Alec Baldwin as Mr Conductor in Thomas and the the Magic Railroad.

Betya he did it to impress one of his kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

bonerm wrote: »
    Betya he did it to impress one of his kids.

I can understand that he might have done Spongebob the Movie to impress his kids... but this wouldn't impress even the hardened Thomas the Tank Engine fans!!..

• Advertisement

Alright, i'm going to stand up for Alec on two counts:

One- Thomas the Tank, maybe he read the script and thought it was acceptable for the target market (toddlers).

Two-something as patriotic as Pearl Harbour would've been a hard one to turn down.

Advertisement