Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Every Actor Makes At Least One Bad Movie

Options

Comments

(Double post cos i'm on a mobile) I reckon in both cases Alec was given absolute cack and worked it as best if could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

(Double post cora i'm on a mobile) I reckon in both cases Alec was given absolute cack and worked it as best if could.

I like Alec.. I especially liked him more after 'that phone message' that he left for his daughter Ireland.. but I reckon that both jobs were for the money - my two kids were both massive fans of Thomas at the time when the film came out and even they a) couldn't fathom the plot (I don't think any of the cast could either) and b) hated it..

Oh yeah, forgot about that. He's an arrogant b.....

Anne Hathaway's easy, she started in cack disney movies, Drew Barrymore' got the charlie's angels movies......

How about Helen Mirren?

Oh yeah, forgot about that. He's an arrogant b.....

Anne Hathaway's easy, she started in cack disney movies, Drew Barrymore' got the charlie's angels movies......

How about Helen Mirren?

Helen Mirren - I give you Inkheart and National Treasure Book of Secrets.

And Alec's daughter soooo deserved that phone message by all accounts - fair play to him...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

trustno1 wrote: »
    Helen Mirren - I give you Inkheart and National Treasure Book of Secrets.

Throw in Teaching Mrs. Tingle and Raising Helen in there as well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

How about Helen Mirren?

Shadowboxer. On DVD when she won her Oscar, so we picked it up, figuring it starred two Oscar winners... the other was Cuba Gooding Junior.

Terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

...Bruce Campbell?

And actually, what about Ewan McGregor?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Will Smith-Wild Wild West

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

liah wrote: »
    ...Bruce Campbell?

And actually, what about Ewan McGregor?
    Pretty Awful imo but star wars episode 1 and to a lesser extent 2.

I got one, Tim Robbins? I generally always like him and cant think of a bad film off hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

Ziedth. wrote: »
    I got one, Tim Robbins? I generally always like him and cant think of a bad film off hand.

I'll let War of the Worlds go because his part was too small, but City of Ember was a terrible movie.

I'll go with Ralph Fiennes, he a consistantly good filmography.
    as long as nobody mentions Maid in Manhattan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I reckon Arnold Schwarzenegger has never made a film I didnt like. Thats only if he is playing a major role in a film though, he's done a few bad ones where he's only a secondary character(Batman & Robin) or just a cameo(Terminator Salvation)

You should watch Raw Deal, feckin awful.

Also, Batman and Robin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

What about Johnny Depp?

Can't think of anything truly awful that he was in.

Frances McDormand also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Johnny Depp is a bit like Marmite people either love him or hate him there is no real middle ground.

I like Depp, but I was looking through his credits

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000136/

There is loads of his films I have not seen like Ed Wood, before night falls and The Libertine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Just for my clarification, Is the question here has any actor/actress been in a bad movie, or been bad in a bad movie? Big difference IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Jimmy Stewart is an actor with a long list of starring roles that has no stinkers in there imho.

I would argue a case for Lee Marvin also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

NothingMan wrote: »
    Philip Seymour Hoffman. I haven't seen every film but if he has a big part in a movie it's, as fas as I can see, generally a really good movie.

Saying that, he has had small cameo parts in a couple of bad movies, but that's not really the same.

I love Philip Seymour Hoffman, but didn't he play quite a large role in Patch Adams?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Which reminds me of Robin Williams. He's been in some fab movies and some downright clunkers. Straddling two worlds as it were. He must've drawn on personal experience for What Dreams May Come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Can't think of any bad Steven Segal movies :p

there is one,
    Kill Switch, terrible terrible movie, worst editing ever and an ending that makes absolutely no sense, I think they took it from some other movie and spliced it in

Micheal sheen, anyone got one? i can't think of a bad one......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Micheal sheen, anyone got one? i can't think of a bad one......

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans was not that good.

He was in one of the Twilight films too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I was going to suggest Michael Caine but then I remembered he was in Bewitched...

tomissex wrote: »
    I was going to suggest Michael Caine but then I remembered he was in Bewitched...

Yeah, Bewitched is really the worst Michael Caine film. The man has more stinkers than most and he freely admits to taking on crap films in order to add an extension to his house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 roshant

Oralando bloom was critizied for his acting in " kingdom of heaven".
    but in detector's cut he is not

roshant wrote: »
    Oralando bloom was critizied for his acting in " kingdom of heaven".
    but in detector's cut he is not

He has been criticised for his acting in every film he has made. Were the Black Pearl to sink he's about the only thing which would be left floating.

He has been criticised for his acting in every film he has made. Were the Black Pearl to sink he's about the only thing which would be left floating.

what about movies only worth because of great acting ?
    The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans (2009) Nicolas Cage's superb performance

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    What about Johnny Depp?

Can't think of anything truly awful that he was in.

Frances McDormand also.

coz great actors simply just cant act badly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

tomissex wrote: »

the weatherman wasnt too great either, he had a weird american accent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'd put forward that Johnny Depp's worst performance/role was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I see what he was going for ("the weird MJ") but I think the idea and the execution was horrible. It didn't work at all for me. I guess it's quite 'Tim Burton' but I didn't enjoy his character in the least.

Of all the fantastic roles I've seen him in, this is the worst (IMO)

the weatherman wasnt too great either, he had a weird american accent

Don't forget that Mr Caine also turned up in Jaws: The Revenge...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭uggy

Tom Hanks is always good in movies. Now I know he done plenty of "chick flicks" and I personally didnt like the DaVinci Code (didn't see Angels and Demons and dont plan on), but he was good where the movie was bad.

I give you Tom Hanks... Forest Gump, the Green Mile, Saving Private Ryan, Toy Stories, Cast-Away, the Terminal, Appolo 13 spring to mind for me.

Advertisement