Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Every Actor Makes At Least One Bad Movie

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

roshant wrote: »
    Cast-Away is hugely under rated !

Yeah i liked Castaway. I think Hanks is good at this stuff- the everyman against the odds.
    It's not dissimilar to Apollo 13 (great film) in that sense.

When i think of Hanks
    films, he really does draw you in and make you imagine his predicament.

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Michael Fassbender had a pretty great run until Blood Creak/Town Creak.

Town Creek is a bloody good film which really deserved a much fairer shake. Like the equally excellent Midnight Meat Trail it was dumped into flea bag theaters in America before disappearing to DVD.
    What about Fear & Loathing?

Good film but Depp hardly stretches himself. For me Fear is the film in which he perfected his demented and outlandish routine which ran with for nearly every film since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

quickbeam wrote: »
    I liked 28 Days too. But GI Jane and Daylight would exclude him.

Forgot about those two.. but Daylight is a guilty pleasure for me - I am just compelled to watch it everytime its on the box.

How about Steve Buscemi?.. excuding Big Daddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

jonny depp and the 3rd pirates film it was pure smelly dirty garbage :mad:

ricero wrote: »
    jonny depp and the 3rd pirates film it was pure smelly dirty garbage :mad:

Wasn't it just rubbish!!.. it was one of a few films that I really really wanted to walk out of, but I couldn't leave the kids - and they loved it!..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 roshant

Robert De Niro in "Analyze This" and "Meet the Parents
    what shame for great actor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 roshant

add these as well

Samuel L Jackson - Snakes on a Plane
    Jamie Foxx - Miami Vice
    Halle Berry - Catwoman
    Nicholas Cage - Ghost Rider

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i cant recall any of the below making bad films but i could be wrong

Liam Neeson
    Frances McDormand
    Morgan Freeman
    Edweard Norton
    Joaquin Pheonix
    John Cusack
    Sean Penn
    Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Robert De Niro in "Analyze This" and "Meet the Parents
    what shame for great actor

to be fair to him meet the parents was a decent comedy but theres no excuse for him in meet the fockers :mad: and rocky and bullwinkle :eek:

al pacino in 88 minutes the horror :(

add these as well

Samuel L Jackson - Snakes on a Plane
    Jamie Foxx - Miami Vice
    Halle Berry - Catwoman
    Nicholas Cage - Ghost Rider

Nicholas cage for me is the worst actor going at the moment what was the last decent film he was in

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Nicholas cage for me is the worst actor going at the moment what was the last decent film he was in

He is excellent in Kick Ass according to people whom have seen it. He is also fantastic in The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans, Knowing, Werewolf Women of the SS, Lord of War and he turns in the comedic performance of the decade in The Wicker Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Liam Neeson
    Frances McDormand
    Morgan Freeman
    Edweard Norton
    Joaquin Pheonix
    John Cusack
    Sean Penn
    Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Edward Norton-Keeping the Faith with Ben Stiller and your one from Dharma and Greg. I like Edward Norton, but found it hard to watch him in this film.

Sean Penn-I Am Sam with Michelle Pfeiffer. I really don't like these kinds of movies, I think they're patronising (I always think of Kate Winslet as a foul mouthed nun in Extras discussing the merits of oscar worthy, hit pay dirt roles:))

Liam Neeson
    Frances McDormand
    Morgan Freeman
    Edweard Norton
    Joaquin Pheonix
    John Cusack
    Sean Penn
    Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Sean Penn.. ahem... Shanghai Surprise anyone?!..
    Morgan Freeman - Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
    Frances McDormand - Aeon Flux
    Philip Seymour Hoffman - Red Dragon
    John Cusack - Identity
    Joaquin Phoenix - 8MM
    Liam Neeson - High Spirits

Morgan Freeman - Robin Hood Prince of Thieves - Not a bad film at all, it's rather fun and is a step above most of its ilk.
    Frances McDormand - Aeon Flux - Again not that bad a film, it's very much a leave your brain at the door action flick and succeeds in entertaining.
    Philip Seymour Hoffman - Red Dragon - Not the best Lector adaptation and a pale comparison to the superb Manhunter but none the less is a relatively entertaining film.
    John Cusack - Identity - Fantastic film, one which manages to keep you guessing right to the end. Some truly inventive deaths, an interesting story and a slew of great actors.
    Joaquin Phoenix - 8MM - I really like 8MM and think it gets a bad rep. Schuamcer can turn in some damn fine work and this is one of them. It's dark, gritty and manages to get under your skin.

Morgan Freeman - Robin Hood Prince of Thieves - Not a bad film at all, it's rather fun and is a step above most of its ilk.
    Frances McDormand - Aeon Flux - Again not that bad a film, it's very much a leave your brain at the door action flick and succeeds in entertaining.
    Philip Seymour Hoffman - Red Dragon - Not the best Lector adaptation and a pale comparison to the superb Manhunter but none the less is a relatively entertaining film.
    John Cusack - Identity - Fantastic film, one which manages to keep you guessing right to the end. Some truly inventive deaths, an interesting story and a slew of great actors.
    Joaquin Phoenix - 8MM - I really like 8MM and think it gets a bad rep. Schuamcer can turn in some damn fine work and this is one of them. It's dark, gritty and manages to get under your skin.

And Shanghai Surprise? :D

I personally didn't like any of the films listed (but each to their own!) especially Aeon Flux which I really wanted to like and was looking forward to seeing but couldn't get into it at all. Don't know why Red Dragon was made - as you mentioned Manhunter is superb. And the acting from Nicolas Cage whilst he was watching the film in 8MM was just shockingly bad. The only one that I would watch again if I had to would be Identity, good idea - poorly executed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

I may be wrong but usually if a film stars Clint Eastwood, then it's worth watching!

I was also gona to say Denzel Washinton but iv heard the Book of Eli is supposed to be absolute dribble!

As for Jodie Foster, i thought contact was a poor movie.

Poor ZEL has fallen foul of some doozies, Richochet and some realy bad one with a young russell crow. Fallen wasnt great either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I know he's not a great actor but I remember when John Travolta had a great run of movies with Pulp Fiction and Face Off etc...then he made The Punisher. He was just awful in that movie...and so was the movie. But his acting was just pants.

you mean he hasnt had a hit since Pulp fiction. face off, borken arrow, swordfish, all crap. actually you know what he's quite watchable in, the generals daughter with madeline stowe. John needs a hit like a crack head!!

j1974 wrote: »
    Poor ZEL has fallen foul of some doozies, Richochet and some realy bad one with a young russell crow. Fallen wasnt great either.

I love Fallen, it's one of the more original cop thrillers in recent decades. I don't think Washington has fallen, he's just got comfortable playing the same roles. The strong African American role model whose not exactly what meets the eye.
    j1974 wrote: »
    you mean he hasnt had a hit since Pulp fiction. face off, borken arrow, swordfish, all crap. actually you know what he's quite watchable in, the generals daughter with madeline stowe. John needs a hit like a crack head!!

Face Off, Broken Arrow and Swordfish accomplish exactly what they set out to do. All 3 are Friday night action flicks best enjoyed with alcohol and food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Face Off, Broken Arrow and Swordfish accomplish exactly what they set out to do. All 3 are Friday night action flicks best enjoyed with alcohol and food.

In fairness as far as action flicks go Face Off is a cut above the other two.

400th post woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Clint Eastwood.

Which one was the bad one again?

Obviously, they're not all great but he's never made a stinker in my books.

EDIT: Gene Hackman too.

• Advertisement

Clint Eastwood.

Which one was the bad one again?

Obviously, they're not all great but he's never made a stinker in my books.

EDIT: Gene Hackman too.

I love Gene Hackman - especially as the blind man in Young Frankenstein.. but unfortunately he was in Superman IV - the quest for peace.. :(

Advertisement