Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai on the quays??

Options
  • 15-02-2010 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else notice all the gardai on the quays this morning. The Londis beside O'Connell Bridge had an area cornered off with garda tape and black sacks on the ground with boxes over stuff

And then up from that before the h'penny bridge, there was a bigger area cornered off with about 5 gardai beside it and a huge roll of plastic on the middle of the ground

Nothing on the news about what happened

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

It's some big crackdown they're having on people who start threads in the wrong forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

I saw a garda bike going in that direction, and i never see them in the mornings... Maybe there was a crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,433 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Suicide.

Starting a thread in here about Dublin now that Magnus is a mod? Suicide...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

maybe they were finally tracking down the source of the stench of piss that covers dublin city

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

It's a black bag operation.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

What quays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

rednik wrote: »
    It's a black bag operation.:p

I laughed! :D

Well, they have to come out to play sometimes.! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

maybe they were finally tracking down the source of the stench of piss that covers dublin city

Nah, they would have ended up raiding Copper Faced Jacks or any other place the turf-eaters and muck savages congregate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Top-tip: If you want a piss-stenched City then Rome at 6am on a summer day will overpower your senses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What quays?

The ones that run along either side of the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

stovelid wrote: »

Aren't those the Keys? :pac:

Aren't those the Keys? :pac:
    Probably the ones that will lock this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

They are investigating a serious theft of Curly-Wurlys, Stawberry Yops and breakfast rolls.

stovelid wrote: »

Which river? Ireland is a big place.. Maybe this belongs in another forum, perhaps more specific to the region it happened in.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

I saw that last night at about 2am. There was a pool of blood outside Londis and a trail of blood leading down to where the viper room used to be. Nothing on the news though. Londis was sealed off, as was further down the quays.
    In fairness, there seems to have been a lot of scumbags hanging in that spot (outside Londis) the last few months, my money is on a stabbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

That corner and Aston Quay in general is junkie central. I've seen a good few non too subtle drug deals going down around there myself when I've been walking past. I'd say it was something related to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

sure all of the quays no matter where you go is completely unsafe with the junkies and drug deals.
    God knows where all the gardai are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

That's disgusting.

Something drastic needs to be done in this country, we've still a crime war in Limerick and Dublin is getting worse by the month. But sure, I guess that if/when they catch the people who did this, they'll go in for a year and come out in 9 months.

There's a few areas of Dublin that would be best off carpet bombed and <snip> is certainly one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dizzydave10

Somebody got stabbed in the face:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I wonder was it a random attack or was there some background to it?

Doesn't seem to say in the article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Rb wrote: »
    That's disgusting.

Something drastic needs to be done in this country, we've still a crime war in Limerick and Dublin is getting worse by the month. But sure, I guess that if/when they catch the people who did this, they'll go in for a year and come out in 9 months.

There's a few areas of Dublin that would be best off carpet bombed and <snip> is certainly one of them.

Yeah and what about all the decent hardworking people living in <snip>?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 unidentified

one junkie set upon another junkie with a knife on the bus on crampton quay.
    the victim fled up towards aston quay where he eventually collapsed..
    the suspect fled to o connell st where he got in another fight and was
    then stabbed himself. LoL! (true)

the injuries sustained by the victim are severe. the victims face was slashed
    from his right ear to his mouth. police are looking for a motive.

from the injuries sustained police believe the victim just had too much of a serious look about him...
    so the suspect decided to put a smiiiiilllee on that faccceeee!!!!!!

Yeah and what about all the decent hardworking people living in <snip>?

Well, maybe all 5 of them should be sent a text notification before it happens :)

The only people who defend the land of the snip are the people living there, the rest of the county or even perhaps country recognise it for what it is.
    one junkie set upon another junkie with a knife on the bus on crampton quay.
    the victim fled up towards aston quay where he eventually collapsed..
    the suspect fled to o connell st where he got in another fight and was
    then stabbed himself. LoL! (true)

the injuries sustained by the victim are severe. the victims face was slashed
    from his right ear to his mouth. police are looking for a motive.

from the injuries sustained police believe the victim just had too much of a serious look about him...
    so the suspect decided to put a smiiiiilllee on that faccceeee!!!!!!

They were junkies? Shame they're not dead so!

On a serious note, that's pretty crazy if it's true. People found to be carrying knives should have their balls cut off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Well, maybe all 5 of them should be sent a text notification before it happens :)

The only people who defend the land of the snip are the people living there, the rest of the county or even perhaps country recognise it for what it is.

I don't actually live there anymore but still have family living there and I know exactly what kind of area it is. It's a kip riddled with scumbags but it there are more decent people living there than scumbags.

I don't actually live there anymore but still have family living there and I know exactly what kind of area it is. It's a kip riddled with scumbags but it there are more decent people living there than scumbags.
    Fair play to ya, by the tone of some of the people living there you'd swear it was Beverly Hills :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i cycled passed that londis this morning and was wondering what the story was with the boxes and bin liners...it has been well scary along there recently, i hope that poor fellah is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

They were junkies? Shame they're not dead so!

Thread is locked before my man Des brings the ban hammer down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement