Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a quiet case for upgrade

Options
  • 15-02-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

hey
    gonna upgrade a system soon, and the main feature that i am interested in , is quiteness

anyone can recommend a good case from komplett possibly that is very quiet?
    fans would have to be included .
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

j4vier wrote: »
    hey
    gonna upgrade a system soon, and the main feature that i am interested in , is quiteness

anyone can recommend a good case from komplett possibly that is very quiet?
    fans would have to be included .
    thanks

Antec P182/183 BUT you will prolly need to buy a few fans for it.....
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/antec-p183

IMHO the default fans are crap in that on low they are fairly quiet but they push very little air.

I have an Antec P180 (p182 and p183 are minor revisions), it is a very quiet case. It's ugly and heavy but it does help keep things very quiet and it really has good airflow with having to have a load of mesh or a window kit on the side panel that would leak a lot of noise.

That said I did go off after getting it and removed all default fans and replaced them with scythe flex 1200RPM fans I also replaced the stock cooler on my gfx card.

Once you start chasing noise and fix one issue: it's a slippery slope as you then need to deal with the next loudest sound generated by your PC and after you fix that there will be something else to annoy you.:D

If you are looking for a quiet case for a full sized rig the P18X series is prob your best bet. After that it comes down to how you get on with the default fans and if you have a loud gfx card cooler and of course the Power supply. Case is a mjor element in keeping your PC quiet, but the rest of your parts have to compliment it....

Post your full spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

silentpcreview.com is a great site IMHO

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If you're dealing with an mATX system also check out the Antec Performance Mini P180. Same theme as the P183 but smaller and cheaper! Can't fit a full ATX system sadly. Should have good, quiet cooling with the fans provided (one of them is a 200mm jobbie ;)) but you can add a couple of quiet 120mm fans up front if desired (it'd have to be a fairly hot-running rig to need them though!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

thanks for the replies

i had actually targeted that antec case , i own already an antec tower and it does the job wonderfully, so chances are i ll stick to the same brand..
    i would be dealing with mATX this time alright.

i was thinking of matching the p180 , with this upgrade kit from komplett
    i wouldnt have to worry about a graphics card either , i dont need it for gaming , but still want something recent that will last

thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

are the HAF 922's good for quietness?

• Advertisement
Advertisement