Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Broadband & Iphones

• 15-02-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I don't know if it's my perlico broadband or is it all broadband with Iphones but i can't seem to access my GMail on my Iphone, whether it be through the GMail App or through Google or Safari.
    Also i cannot access Picassa Web Albums or You Tube also is somethimes blocked.

Can anyone shine some light on this please or let me know if you are having the same issues ?

Or with Perlico is there some method of maximising your Broadband output cos even though the router is in the hall, connectivity never seems to be full bars !

I am to ring Perlico Support tonight.
    I will share my conversation on here also.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perlico certainly are not going to be blocking gmail and they also won't be able to provide you with much help using an iPhone as its beyond there support remit.

- Can you access gmail on your PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dts1

Yes, no problems

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dts1 wrote: »
    Yes, no problems

Could try changing dns servers on your iphone
    try google's

To do that go into settings> wi-fi> select the wireless network > then change the dns in there

Enter these manually under the Settings - Wifi and under the heading IP Address, DHCP ?

dts1 wrote: »
    Enter these manually under the Settings - Wifi and under the heading IP Address, DHCP ?

Yeah........select manual, problem is you'll need to manually then set your subnet mask, IP and gateway as well

• Advertisement

Shudn't have to go to this extent at all though !
    Will ring them later and see what they say

I called Perlico support anyway and none the wiser really.
    They said cos it works away with laptop then it's not their issue.
    Asked me to call Apple Support and see if something needs to be "opened" from their end to allow this access.
    I have a friend working there and he's perplexed also.
    Anyone else got any ideas ?
    Will try Google DNS entires later when i get home and report back

Advertisement