Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo / Crest Design Advice needed

Options
  • 15-02-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Our cricket club has just renamed itself from CYM Cricket Club to Terenure Cricket Club and now need a new logo.

Our old logo is on our website at http://www.cym-terenure.com/Cricket/tabid/121/Default.aspx

We were thinking of dropping the purple and just going with black and green - mostly because we're looking for new tracksuits, polo shirts etc. and it seems to be easier to get black/green tracksuits off the shelf.

The logo/crest would be used to embroider on our gear - and also for the website. letterhead etc.

Aside from the colours - we're flexible enough on shape etc. - might be nice to get something cricket related into the logo (stumps / ball / bat).

Any suggestions on where to start on this would be appreciated. We need advice from a branding perspective (e.g. - are we right to drop the purple from our colours?) and also design (don't have any experience).

Please let me know if you need any more info before responding - any help / guidance would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

The best advice i would give is to get that logo completely redesigned.. or at the very least, change some of the lines of it. That logo is very ameture looking. Lets face it, that was drawn in MSPaint - make no bones about it. You also need a new website. Those buttons make my eyes bleed.

My personal opinion would be to leave the purple and darken it to match the terenure college rugby colours(i was a past pupil). Light green on white doesnt really do much for me and im sure people with sight issues may find that hard to make out. therefor, the green would go. Then again, you could darken that green also. plenty of options.

first things first, pencil and paper, then take it to illustrator. Then again, you could get all the lads n ladies of the team to chip in a 20 or 30 for a complete logo redesign and site overhaul.. It is a team effort afterall :p

Hope that helps a little, i wasnt trying to put your teams image down, just being honest about it.

Advertisement