Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teddy Bear Hospital

Options
  • 15-02-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a such a place or service in the city?
    We have a very beloved teddy at home that our daughter has hugged almost to death and could do with some open heart stuffing surgery !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

Poor little thing!
    The wannabe doctors and nurses of NUIG usually do one around RAG week time of year, so possibly in the next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

dazzday wrote: »
    Poor little thing!
    The wannabe doctors and nurses of NUIG usually do one around RAG week time of year, so possibly in the next month.

I think theirs was the weekend before last, sure I read about it in some paper :-(

And not sure that they actually did real teddy-repair either ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

unJustMary wrote: »
    I think theirs was the weekend before last, sure I read about it in some paper :-(

And not sure that they actually did real teddy-repair either ...

Ya, it was on the weekend before last alright
    And my daughter was actually there with her school
    She was asked to bring in a teddy for the doctors to check-up on, but she wouldnt bring the 'sick' teddy in case they kept it on her.

No, I need to bring it somewhere where they will rip it open and stuff it with filling. I asked the mother-in-law (who is brilliant with a sewing machine) would she do it ... she took one look at the fragile teddy and said no. She didnt want to be the one to go down in history as the teddy killer she said !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I think (and I am not sure) that Zhivago's on shop street have a teddy stuffing facility; possibly only for teddies bought there form their bear shop section, but they might oblige..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I think there is/was a teddy bear hospital somewhere in Dublin. Don't think there is any such a place in Galway tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

I think there is/was a teddy bear hospital somewhere in Dublin. Don't think there is any such a place in Galway tho.

Ahhh yes, the Doll Hospital and Teddy Bear Clinic on George's Street.

You could always go to Hicky's or somewhere that sells material and "insides" and have a bit of a DIY Hospital job with your daughter... Could be a fun game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

the teddy bears hospital in georges street dublin can fix your bear if ya can post him and they will even post it back for you if ya cant find anywhere else in galway

Advertisement