Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid term study

Options
  • 15-02-2010 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find it impossible to do work during the holidays? does anyone have any advice on getting started/motivated?

I'll find any excuse not to start!

Thanks for the help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Frankly, just get on with it, posting on boards wont help you get started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

Fad wrote: »
    Frankly, just get on with it, posting on boards wont help you get started!

Yes i thought someone would say that alright!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aoifethomas

Alternatively.....take a break? lol

Alternatively.....take a break? lol

Ya i prefer your outlook on things tbh.
    Thank you person with a male and female name! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aoifethomas

sound for slagging the name...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Have you done your mocks yet? If so i'd say take a break, relax and enjoy the midterm. You can study next week and take it easy until then. If your mocks are coming up and you need this week to study then just get rid of all distractions and just start. It'll be hard but you'll get used to it and make sure you take breaks but not for too long!

sound for slagging the name...

Sorry but it rather humourousssssssssss... Guessing thomas is your last name and your not just sharing this profile with your brother.:)

I think this post epitomises my work ethic! What a random and ridiculous conversation!

Have you done your mocks yet? If so i'd say take a break, relax and enjoy the midterm. You can study next week and take it easy until then. If your mocks are coming up and you need this week to study then just get rid of all distractions and just start. It'll be hard but you'll get used to it and make sure you take breaks but not for too long!

Ive two to do after the mid term!

So i guess i could do a bit of both. i.e. study a tiny bit but rest the rest of the time!(ha get it?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Here's what motivate me:
    If I start now I have less to cram at May :D.

Seriously though it's hard to get motivated... I did 2 hours of study at 11pm the last two nights (weird time I know...) and indulge myself with the heater on with cheaper night electricity. I'm quite proud of myself by doing that little bit since it's the earliest that I've started studying in a holiday.

H2student wrote: »
    Here's what motivate me:
    If I start now I have less to cram at May :D.

Seriously though it's hard to get motivated... I did 2 hours of study at 11pm the last two nights (weird time I know...) and indulge myself with the heater on with cheaper night electricity. I'm quite proud of myself by doing that little bit since it's the earliest that I've started studying in a holiday.

i tell myself every holiday ill start straight away but nvr evr do. ill let ye know nxt sat or sunday if ive started yet!!

• Advertisement

Yeah I do that too. I gave up telling myself that this time around and actually did some work as a result :p. Just go now and read one sentence from a random textbook. That's Some work done today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

It's the only way you are going to get started, stop talking about it and do it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Studying during holidays sucks everyone knows that but it is only a week and their is only Easter left. So 3 weeks of you studying during holidays isn't going to kill you compared to the annoyed feelings after you don't get your course. Go to the a local library if you are having difficulties studying that might help

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Doing study at school for the week, 10am-1pm. It's great because for the rest of the day, I can do whatever I want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Doing study at school for the week, 10am-1pm. It's great because for the rest of the day, I can do whatever I want :)

That sounds good but I have problems studying like that so it wouldn't be of much use to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭elmoslattery

I have mocks the week I come back.

There is my motivation!

I suppose least in the library there'll be no lap top!!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

If you've just done your mocks take a break. This is like a last hurrah!

nah I'm doing work because I did badly in the mocks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

So many bloody distractions from recovering from a great night out on Saturday to dosing on Facebook I haven't got much done yet

• Advertisement

So many bloody distractions from recovering from a great night out on Saturday to dosing on Facebook I haven't got much done yet

i went out last night and decided to just go to the gym tonight although i was wrecked, you get sooo tired sitting down all day!! not joking like i was wrecked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Ha I had a bit of a hangover to contend with on Sunday morning :D
    As soon as I finished the study I started a marathon texting session to sort out what actually happened on Sat night.

ha this thread had more of a negative than positive efeect!! just been coming on boards more because of it! maybe i should just try get banned or something... ha cock

grrr(don't have time counting the Rs :P), go to your room, take out everything fun(mobile phones, laptops etc.) out of it and get your parents to lock the door from the outside. Just make sure you have school work in there. Do this for 3 hours, you'll do at least ten minutes of work that way :D.

grrr(don't have time counting the Rs :P), go to your room, take out everything fun(mobile phones, laptops etc.) out of it and get your parents to lock the door from the outside. Just make sure you have school work in there. Do this for 3 hours, you'll do at least ten minutes of work that way :D.

parents are at work!! could i lock it myself now and throw the key out the window?? then get my parents to find it at six when they come home??? ha.

Should i take the bed out too??

and there is 10 Rs FYI... its easy to just hit the R button 10 times!!

Hah okay grrrrrrrrrr, throwing out the bed sounds good :P. Maybe take a nap now, then wake up at midnight. Then use my advice and get your parents to let you out in the morning :P.

Hah okay grrrrrrrrrr, throwing out the bed sounds good :P. Maybe take a nap now, then wake up at midnight. Then use my advice and get your parents to let you out in the morning :P.

well locked myself in but now im locked in with the lap top and really really need to go to the bathroom...
    could someone come round and let me out please?? i dont even have a bottle!!

H2student, im guessing your mane is a play on H2O?

Not that i need to be thinking of water at all now........ ahhhhhhhhhhh......

making i could just urinate out the window.........

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Does anyone else find it impossible to do work during the holidays? does anyone have any advice on getting started/motivated?

I'll find any excuse not to start!

Thanks for the help!!

Well,when u get ur leaving results in august,do you want to be the person who is disappointed and have to repeat or the person who is euphoric with their results?.....Is that motivation enough?

Anthony16 wrote: »
    Well,when u get ur leaving results in august,do you want to be the person who is disappointed and have to repeat or the person who is euphoric with their results?.....Is that motivation enough?

YA ALRIGHT LETS DO THIS THING!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LETS DO IT!!!!!! AHHHHHHH

ha thanks

• Advertisement

Let's rock! Why am I playing poker? Nvm, let's rock!

Yeah it's a play on H2O, and a reference to my name :P

Advertisement