Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Season 2010

Options
  • 15-02-2010 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

As you can see, places are going fast, so I need payment ASAP to secure a place. Astro DO NOT TAKE deposits.

I do not want to be chasing people for money this time round, and would like the money paid in a timely fashion, please.

It will be €120 per person

Here are the bank details

Account Number : 46761278
    Sort Code : 90-04-71
    Account Name : Boardeaux
    Branch : Coolock Village

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Money sent over Des.
    What date is it starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

15th april apparently.

heres whats our options are -

Dundrum Wesley College (7 places left)
    All games played on:

* Tue 19:15-22:15

Dundrum Wesley College (8 places left)
    All games played on:

* Mon 19:15-22:15

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm happy for either day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm actually going to say Monday, I want to go back playing with the local club and they'll train Tuesdays and Thursdays for pre-season. I'll transfer money anyway as I'd be available for most of the season even if it was Tuesday.

i think we willl, naturally lose a few lads. des has a thread up about new lads, will be good to get some players in for a few positions. Conor, Alan, Andy and Graham all joined this season and made a good contribution, we need the same again this season.

i dont really know any players who would be available to add to the squad but i think that any lads who come in as mates, need to be really good and defo improve the team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Paid. I have one lad who can play all over the pitch who I've been trying to persuade to come down for a long time. If he did come down he'd be committed but getting him down in the first place is the trick.

If we play on Mondays I can get a LB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

15th april apparently.

heres whats our options are -

Dundrum Wesley College (7 places left)
    All games played on:

* Tue 19:15-22:15

Dundrum Wesley College (8 places left)
    All games played on:

* Mon 19:15-22:15

is dundrum the only place you guys can get? ;/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

mrDerek wrote: »
    is dundrum the only place you guys can get? ;/
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 23,566 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Des I'd be interested alright.

I'd most likely miss a few matches around the end of April / Start of May with my finals being on and all but before and after that I would be around.

You've seen me play before so you could probably tell me if I'd be up to the standard of the league or not?

Also, when would you need the money by? Kinda stoney at the moment...

• Advertisement

yorkie_bar_quot_not_for_girls_quot.jpg
    :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd love to put my name down for this again. Played with you for a bit a few years back, but then pulled out after going on shift. I'd still miss 1 game a month due to work, but thats it. Not sure if i'd be of high enough standard, but would certainly like to tryout.

How about organising a Bordeaux vs. Anyone else match after the current season is over?

Des wrote: »
    yorkie_bar_quot_not_for_girls_quot.jpg
    :D

Sound

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I've made the transfer today.

Get the cash in quick lads cos we really don't want to end up on crap pitches at woeful times again. We play much better footbal on the Wesley pitches so need to secure them with funds before they get booked up.

If you are tight on cash, the last thing to do is to wait and not tell Des - he at least needs to know your intentions so that we can see how we're fixed overall.

Kiith wrote: »
    How about organising a Bordeaux vs. Anyone else match after the current season is over?

defo should do this and if not we will have plenty of friendlies, we will have a 3 or 4 week gap between the 2 seasons to fill...

problem would be gettign 11/12 players for the others, but im sure we could get 22 lads and just pick 2 teams.

defo should do this and if not we will have plenty of friendlies, we will have a 3 or 4 week gap between the 2 seasons to fill...

problem would be gettign 11/12 players for the others, but im sure we could get 22 lads and just pick 2 teams.

id defo come for the other team and show yis how to play football :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Will you be having trials or anything, how would I go about knowing whether you's want someone like me on the team? I'm not just gonna pay...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Transferred.

I agree with the 'plenty of friendlies' suggestions above, let's get as much playing time together as possible before the next season starts and work on getting to know each others strengths and the team's as a whole. We played some really great stuff at times this season so I think we're well capable of winning the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Will you be having trials or anything, how would I go about knowing whether you's want someone like me on the team? I'm not just gonna pay...

The friendlies will serve as trials. Hopefully the Boards vs Others game will happen and you can have a run out there. There'll be friendlies against other teams either way and new players will get a run out for Boards in those games so they should have a chance to show their stuff and Des will then select the final squad from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I wont be playing on next season lads, my bro is setting up a team so familys gotta come 1st :) We'll be looking for friendlies too cos were a new team. we'll sort something out after the season is over.

• Advertisement

Des when do you need the money by?

Interested in playing but don't want to shell out €120 before I try out and then not get a game.

So is it possible to not pay until after you've played your friendlies or does all money need to be in before then?

Can you make it to any of our end of season games?

I got agreement from the lads that we could use the remaining league games for try outs.

Fixture list is in a sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I think I'd be able to tag along to the rest of the games, if thats not a problem? I was up at the very start of the team, but I ended up joining a Sunday team (which has ceased to exist now!)

Can you make it to any of our end of season games?

I got agreement from the lads that we could use the remaining league games for try outs.

Fixture list is in a sticky

Yeah I could make the game next week and the game on the 15th. March for sure.

As for the other two depends on college workload/training/work...

Cianan2 wrote: »
    I think I'd be able to tag along to the rest of the games, if thats not a problem? I was up at the very start of the team, but I ended up joining a Sunday team (which has ceased to exist now!)
    Grand, see you then.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    Yeah I could make the game next week and the game on the 15th. March for sure.

As for the other two depends on college workload/training/work...

good stuff.

Grand, see you then.

good stuff.

can i come?

mrDerek wrote: »
    can i come?

I don't know how many more times I have to tell you. YES!

I don't know how many more times I have to tell you. YES!

4 more times shud do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I'd be interested in going out for the friendlies during pre-season.I play Sunday foot at the mo in Bray,Usually centre half but playing LB now as our regular lad is injured.I can use both feet

Getting to the games and cash would be my 2 stumbling blocks but I'm sure both could be sorted handy enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm interested! I'm going for minor knee surgery on the 2nd of March so it will take 2 - 3 weeks before I can play again, though this may be too late. If the season doesn't start until mid-April I might be able to play in a few friendlies too.

I'll keep an eye on this thread anyway and see how the knee goes. Would I be able to join after the season starts or will I be too late?

Advertisement