Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATM O2 DUBLIN 8th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Tickets got, now to hope for Download day tickets to make it 3 times in a week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Seventy quid!?!

**** sake.

Yes....certainly keep raging against that money spinning machine.

WAGE against the Machine!

Corporate sell out f*cks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Funkfield wrote: »
    WAGE against the Machine!

Corporate sell out f*cks!

Couldn't get a standing ticket then!

Couldn't get a standing ticket then!

Didn't bother.

Not paying that. I know MCD et al had their greasy hands on this but still.

How can they justify that price?

:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xsjado

well, nothing in life is free apart from the air we breath.

a free gig in the uk means the irish have to pay for 2 concerts, hence €72.

u know your being ripped but, i try to say, well ive been into them since 94, im going. tickets bought. roll on june

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Metallica is generally €76.50. They play in sh1thole venues like Marlay Park & RDS. They also play every year and the majority of our forum frequenters go No Questions Asked. So I don't get he fuss over the price of RATM tickets.... Anyways it's MCD that sets the cost.

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Metallica is generally €76.50. They play in sh1thole venues like Marlay Park & RDS. They also play every year and the majority of our forum frequenters go No Questions Asked. So I don't get he fuss over the price of RATM tickets.... Anyways it's MCD that sets the cost.

Metallica are the new vanguard of corporate rock!

They're not just in bed with the corporate side. They are now more a business than a band.

At least RATM paid some lip service to being against the system. For a while anyway.

MCD sets the price but RATM didn't have to go for big gig, one off stadium type shows. Its all about the most capital for the least work.

2 nights in a smaller venue? Less cost? More punters? Maybe, just maybe keep some of their integrity.

-Metallica?!?!? ffs. Used to be the biggest fan. Now I wouldn't cross the road to see them for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Lil Kitten wrote: »

that's not really true Kitten, there's the same moaning (and I do it too....) about ticket prices for just about every gig that's announced........I've seen tonnes and tonnes of bitchin about Metallica ticket prices, but I don't see the point in people complaining about it constantly - but like you said it's not necessarily much to do with the band......
    and as MCD/Ticketmaster/whoever are selling out bands with these ticket prices don't expect them to come down.......

but you have to question RATM a little being the kind of outspoken band they are for not trying to ensure that their fans aren't getting ripped off......

either way we have our tickets now - and I for one can't wait to catch them live.......another band off the Bucket List.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Got my muthu' uking tickets!!!

Can't wait to kick out the jams

• Registered Users Posts: 35,008 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This is retardedly expensive. Everything else has fallen in price. Why are we sill being raped for concert tickets? No concert ticket is worth more than 50 euro
    And that's still a fair amount of money as is.

But alas, it's not like they play here all the time (if ever) so once again, I bend over and let the promoters do unspeakable things to me.

/sigh.

Concert should be great though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

o1s1n wrote: »
    This is retardedly expensive. Everything else has fallen in price. Why are we sill being raped for concert tickets? No concert ticket is worth more than 50 euro
    And that's still a fair amount of money as is.

But alas, it's not like they play here all the time (if ever) so once again, I bend over and let the promoters do unspeakable things to me.

/sigh.

Concert should be great though :D

The reason for high ticket prices imo is that's were the money is now. Bands are making less these days from recorded music because of file sharing etc. so the big money is in touring and merchandise,hence the higher cost of tickets.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Got my ticket, role on June!

Master of the Universe

lord lucan wrote: »
    The reason for high ticket prices imo is that's were the money is now. Bands are making less these days from recorded music because of file sharing etc. so the big money is in touring and merchandise,hence the higher cost of tickets.

Piracy isn't a new thing. Cassette and VHS tapes in the 80s had a similar effect. Sure the whole cinema industry almost collapsed because nobody went to see films any more. However ticket prices were still a lot more reasonable. I know inflation and all that jazz, but proportionatly they cost less.

It's simple really, they know they can rip us all off because we really want to see our favourite bands. So they do. Supply and demand.

So long as shows still sell well at these prices we'll never see the price come down. Supply and demand is right,only when we decide that the price is too much and don't buy tickets will bands & promoters get the message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Don't care how much the tickets cost, I couldn't miss them. Missed them at Oxygen and couldn't get over it.

ROLL ON JUNE.

can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Got my ticket this morning, I dont know if il actually afford to go at the time(Gotta get up to dublin from cork, get a place to stay and all that so it all adds up to a pretty ****ing pricey gig). I think the ticket price is RIDICULOUS, to the point where were getting raped. However saying that, im willing to pay it for rage so I cant really complain.

My plan now is to keep my ticket till june, see how my funds are then and if i cant afford it im sure il have ZERO problems selling it. Whats worse though is I could probrably even sell it for twice its price if I had the morals of a tout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

you know i think these guys r noobs. always did with their little 'FU won't do what u tell me' rant.. they have an ok guitarist w his distinct style but to use the christmas pop slot, their tame agenda becoming simon cowell ffs, as a means to restoke the raaaayge with a 20yrs old recording as a means to charge €60 minimum?! some aspects of adolescence should never be revisited, just put it down to naivety way back when and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Star Bingo wrote: »
    you know i think these guys r noobs. always did with their little 'FU won't do what u tell me' rant.. they have an ok guitarist w his distinct style but to use the christmas pop slot, their tame agenda becoming simon cowell ffs, as a means to restoke the raaaayge with a 20yrs old recording as a means to charge €60 minimum?! some aspects of adolescence should never be revisited, just put it down to naivety way back when and move on.

Lol @ thinking that people are going on the basis that killing in the name was christmas number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

^^^gimp^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Tom Morello is one of the most innovative guitarists around these days. Actually, this whole band is full of amazing musicians, which is what first really got me into them.

Anyway, why do people have such a hang up about rock bands getting a bit of notice?

Got my standing ticket this morning, so roll on June.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Benji187

Got me ticket this morning ! Can't ****ing wait for June !

Master of the Universe

Inconsistant post is inconsistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Can't wait for you to discover the Rolling Stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Patricide wrote: »
    Got my ticket this morning, I dont know if il actually afford to go at the time(Gotta get up to dublin from cork, get a place to stay and all that so it all adds up to a pretty ****ing pricey gig). I think the ticket price is RIDICULOUS, to the point where were getting raped. However saying that, im willing to pay it for rage so I cant really complain.

My plan now is to keep my ticket till june, see how my funds are then and if i cant afford it im sure il have ZERO problems selling it. Whats worse though is I could probrably even sell it for twice its price if I had the morals of a tout.

If you go to the ticketmaster booth in merchants quay you can normally find someone who's running a bus up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Lol @ thinking that people are going on the basis that killing in the name was christmas number 1

now that you mentioned it.. i wonder how many are going on that basis. i think the number one they demanded with a ****ing old single song has gone to their heads, charging megastar prices like that

bazmaiden wrote: »
    ^^^gimp^^^

strap on sally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

stop talking ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Ive a feeling that this gig is gunna be one big LOL.

Still not sure if its going to be in a good or a bad way.

I REALLY hope they are worth it, even Gene isnt charging e70. On the Brightside , looks like no marley park this year!

now that you mentioned it.. i wonder how many are going on that basis. i think the number one they demanded with a ****ing old single song has gone to their heads, charging megastar prices like that

They never demanded anything! The xmas no. 1 idea was started as a facebook group,an idea by a couple of people to shake things up,not by the band. Sure their name grew as a result of it but it was never pitched by the band or their management.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

strap on sally
    Plus the band dont set the prices. MCD(the promoter does). Also rage are megastars, they are multi platinum selling artists. BEFORE this christmas number one malarky.

O and its not just morello whos an "ok" guitarist. The rest of the band are highly proficient musicians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

RATM had no input into the initital Christmas number 1 campaign. It was some guy called Jon Morter and his wife. The song lyrics were just suitable as an anti Simon Cowell's bubble gum pop rant.

They're not "noobs". They've been around for almost 20 years, and sold millions of albums, and I don't think the price is ripping anyone off. Paul Mc Cartney tickets were €160 ffs.

Advertisement