Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATM O2 DUBLIN 8th June

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    RATM had no input into the initital Christmas number 1 campaign. It was some guy called Jon Morter and his wife. The song lyrics were just suitable as an anti Simon Cowell's bubble gum pop rant.

They're not "noobs". They've been around for almost 20 years, and sold millions of albums, and I don't think the price is ripping anyone off. Paul Mc Cartney tickets were €160 ffs.

I agree with the first statement and the fact the they are definatly NOT "noobs" but still feel that 70 is a bit much for a band that hasn't released anything in 10 years!

Still got tickets though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

reminds me, did anyone go along to see ADF last night? maybe some of you got into em as RATM took em on tour. complete muppets though since they replaced their main protagonists.. like 10yr ago! were the hottest ticket around for a while, scorchin group from '95-'00

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It's not that expensive lads!,

Jesus theres gonna be more bands than Rage there, its the Irish download,

its lookin like Deftones too,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Horgan wrote: »

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

YOU WILL PROVE THIS NOW!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cos they just below them in Donington? Don't think it'll be that way,say it'll only be Gallows. Cypress Hill may show up, they doing the London one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just going on previous years, its usually the 2 or 3 of the big names, that play the Irish version too, Cypress Hill would be immense thou!

from total rocks news letter:

"Free Rage Tickets Gone - DON'T BUY THEM! » 23 Feb 10
    Rage Against The Machine gave away all the tickets for their free show in Finsbury Park on June 6 in just three hours. And the promoters have warned people who were unlucky in the lottery not to try and buy them on eBay. Everyone with a ticket had to register and provide a photo. If you turn up with someone else's ticket then you won't be let in.
    The band are now headlining the Download Festival at Donington (June 11-13), and also in Dublin on June 8."

http://www.totalrock.com/news.php

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just going on previous years, its usually the 2 or 3 of the big names, that play the Irish version too, Cypress Hill would be immense thou!

from total rocks news letter:

"Free Rage Tickets Gone - DON'T BUY THEM! » 23 Feb 10
    Rage Against The Machine gave away all the tickets for their free show in Finsbury Park on June 6 in just three hours. And the promoters have warned people who were unlucky in the lottery not to try and buy them on eBay. Everyone with a ticket had to register and provide a photo. If you turn up with someone else's ticket then you won't be let in.
    The band are now headlining the Download Festival at Donington (June 11-13), and also in Dublin on June 8."

http://www.totalrock.com/news.php

Where are you basing that this will be the Irish Download? Just cos it happened in 2006, but that was big open-air concert. This is stand-alone show, not gonna have 3 or 4 big bands in there that night. Just whats announced and maybe CH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

oh please tell me that we're not going to get any crappy Rap bands (I don't care much for the Beastie Boys or Cypress Hill) - Gallows and Deftones I can embrace - but if it turns out to be BB or CH I'm just not going

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

This aint going to happen id wager. If it did though itd be pretty much my wet dream of a concert. DEFTONES!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

oh please tell me that we're not going to get any crappy Rap bands (I don't care much for the Beastie Boys or Cypress Hill) - Gallows and Deftones I can embrace - but if it turns out to be BB or CH I'm just not going

Crue - Beasties (only of course basing it on when I saw them years and years ago) are nothing like a Rap band - heavy, hardcore elements.....and were it to be greatest hits it would be cool....

agreed though - they did the Download thing once, and haven't heard of any plans to ever do it again.......just because bands that are on at Download may do warm up shows here isn't the same thing......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Give over with the irish download thing, was a total sham the last time, bands being pulled last minute, last minute stage changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Give over with the irish download thing, was a total sham the last time, bands being pulled last minute, last minute stage changes.

It was a disgrace, and the fact there was a day between where nothing happened meant it was just someone who taught "hey, I know how to make even MORE money from them...." - I wouldn't really class it as a festival even though the people behind Download do, it was chance it fell into their arms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MossyX360

I am kind of disappointed tbh, I managed to get tickets 3 days later for June 8th, but there seating :(
    I think ill just sell them on and not go. Seating would suck..right ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It would suck, but it would suck a lot more than *not* seeing RATM :)

Advertisement