Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan Newsletter, who reads it?

• 15-02-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how many Lucanians here read the Lucan Newsletter? I admit to reading it any time I'm back in Lucan visiting my parents and even check out the website from here in England :)

I'd have been lost without it for my Leaving cert thanks to the number of people advertising grinds services :D

I also really like the 'Birdie' column...although sometimes it can be so sanctimonious that I want to find Birdie and clip its wings! :pac:

So who else reads it? How useful do you think it is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I've never bothered with it myself tbh,i think the religious element of it put me off. The Lucan Gazette used to be great but it's just full of ads now. Liffey Champion is the only 'newspaper' that has any real local news these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

lord lucan wrote: »
    I've never bothered with it myself tbh,i think the religious element of it put me off.

I was debating whether to say that I never read the front page but said I'd leave it slide. Yes, the front page would put people off but it's great for finding out what's happening on a local community level, it's not a newspaper, it's a newsletter and the focus is very different. There's news from the schools, local scout troops and football clubs etc, and of course the political news from local councillors. :)

I enjoy the community feel to it but yes, I never read the editorial from the priests :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

One of my main reasons for venturing into Tesco in Clondalkin is that I can pick up the Clondalkin Gazette on the way out. I find it useful to hear on what is going on in the area (e.g. planning approval for Kishogue this week). 5-10 minute scan with a cuppa, and it's into the recycle bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I buy it for footie results. It's a nice thing to read with a cuppa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Used to buy it when I was a star striker with Lucan Utd U10s just to see my name in print. :D Haven't bought it in over 20 years though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement