Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can I delete some directories but not others on my hosting?

Options
  • 15-02-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

This isn't specific to Blacknight's own hosting provision (also to GoDaddy and hsphere), but I can't seem to be able to delete certain directories on one of my sites via FTP. I can delete the files inside, but any folders remain. I have tried with CHMOD at 777 and combinations below that, to no avail. Should I be worried about a .htaccess file, or lack thereof, on my hosting space?

Thanks,

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hi

I've asked one of our technical team to look into this for you, as we think there's a way around it

Michele

Ok. I'm told that the file manager might help you
    In the file manager, click tick box next to file, and hit delete at the top right.

If that doesn't work you'll need to contact support, as the file(s) or directory might be "protected" in some way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Yeah, that option doesn't exist in FileZilla! Should have said that. I know through the hsphere control panel online, I would have that option, but it doesn't always work either.

I'll contact their customer support so.

Seanie.

Seanie M wrote: »
    Yeah, that option doesn't exist in FileZilla! Should have said that.

You said you were using FTP, which is the same thing :)
    I know through the hsphere control panel online, I would have that option, but it doesn't always work either.

We don't use HSphere ..
    I'll contact their customer support so.

Seanie.
    Whose? Ours or someone else's?

Advertisement