Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a video made with Canon 400D

• 15-02-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

came across this video today:

http://vimeo.com/9459452?hd=1

made up of still images shot on a Canon 400D in Wicklow made by Souljacker.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Thats very cool.. 15,000 photos to put the whole thing together.. Brilliant..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Very nicely done and good choice of track for it, suits the mood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Very nice looking video (except for the special effects)... can't be the most efficient way to do i, using a few thousand shutter actuations but the result's cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Nice. Can't be good for the camera though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Very nice Impressive what people can do with a camera. I loved how it seemed "cold" in the pictures.

As for potentially not good for cam.. How come? It's doing what it's designed for. Albeit at a high shutter speed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

congo_90 wrote: »
    Very nice Impressive what people can do with a camera. I loved how it seemed "cold" in the pictures.

As for potentially not good for cam.. How come? It's doing what it's designed for. Albeit at a high shutter speed?

Ah yeah I suppose.... Lot of shutter actuations though, what's the estimated "life" of a shutter? 100,000 off the top of my head...

Worth it if the results are that good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Would love to see a bit more info on how they did it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭hcnyla

Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I wonder just how many memory cards they went through to get all that! I don't think I've taken 15,000 pics in my lifetime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Awesome !!!! some patience for that !!!!

hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Very impressive. Makes me think perhaps I'm not getting the most outta my 400D :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Looks inspired by a shoot I did with them last year

3544443214_94b36e0537.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

can't be the most efficient way to do i, using a few thousand shutter actuations but the result's cool

Isnt the HD Video addition to later models doing the same thing? Or video in general for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

pete4130 wrote: »
    Looks inspired by a shoot I did with them last year
    More likely it was the radiohead video it very closely resembles.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQSLozK7aA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Eirebear wrote: »
    Isnt the HD Video addition to later models doing the same thing? Or video in general for that matter.

Taking photos the mirror will move up and down, ~3fps on the 400d

For video you need higher speed, you're doing maybe 30 frames per second, so there is no mirror movement, the sensor just keeps capturing. At least that would be my understanding of it

Advertisement