Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scared stray - can anyone help.

Options
  • 15-02-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody help me? A man I used to work with contacted me today. He has a builders yard in ballymount. He was there this morning and saw a large dog in the yard. Apparently he had been there all week. He described him as a light coloured alsation sized/shape. The dog ran into one of the sheds and would not come out. He was growling etc. The man went and got some food to entice him out, no joy but the dog did eat when the man had left.

Being a workplace, it's not safe to have a stray around for the dog or the workers. I have no car now to transport and to be honest would not know how to handle a large potentially snappy dog without help.

I will not call the DSPCA as any other time I've dealt with them they have tried to charge me for it or insinuated that the dog/cat I am calling about is mine. Not to mention the fact that they are not the easiest to deal with at the best of times and the man just wants rid of the dog with a minimum of hassle.

If the dog is there tomorrow he said he will call again. Can anybody help or suggest what I should do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I have to say I've called the DSPCA a few times with very successful results.
    Have you called the Gardai/pounds in the area? Someone might have registered the dog as missing already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Call the dog warden or any local shelters and see if they can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I would be very reluctant to call the warden - he's been agressive towards people on the site (apparently through fear) and he could be a restricted breed or a cross. If the warden picks him up, chances are he'd not get back out of the pound. :(

I will try some local voluntary shelters.

Advertisement