Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Return of Republic of Telly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Indeed, but don't be tempted, Bernard, for feck's sake! DON'T TOUCH HER!!!! Callum Best rode her which means she's probably full of more infections now than the local STD clinic! ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

New Season starts at 21.50.

It's very good in Fairness. I think anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Bernard alone probably makes my week, what a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Didnt think it would be the same after Neil Delamere left... Not that it was fantastic or anything but it was good.. But I think Dermot Whelan is really good at it... Interesting to see what they've done for the new season.. hopefully got rain of that Jenny wan to start with..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Enda Murphy

Anybody who likes that show has an IQ of 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I like it so far. I've been laughing away for the last few minutes........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Great show tonight. I really enjoyed that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It was on for like ten minutes :confused: I feel robbed :mad:

Enda you have it all wrong, this is someone with an IQ of zero...

and the lad at number one here

this young fella is your post...

these are funny like ROTelly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

I didn't laugh. That's just f*cking scary. I want my dollar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Darby the Leprechaun is a good new addition :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

The Damo and Ivor skit was a load of ****. The one they did last year was much better. Never watched the show, have no interest in it from what I've heard and seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    The Damo and Ivor skit was a load of ****. The one they did last year was much better. Never watched the show, have no interest in it from what I've heard and seen.

You've never watched the show and have no interest in it either yet say that a piece on Monday night was worse than one they did last year.

How does that work?? Osmosis? Divine perception? what?

tallpaul wrote: »
    You've never watched the show and have no interest in it either yet say that a piece on Monday night was worse than one they did last year.

How does that work?? Osmosis? Divine perception? what?

Very simple really. I seen it on youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Very simple really. I seen it on youtube.

So you have watched it (on YouTube)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

amdublin wrote: »

Nope. He seen it. This is a more spiritual experience than mere vision. Kind of like Fatima

amdublin wrote: »

I have never watched the show. I have watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZJwC_vp-_Q on youtube which is a skit from the show. The new one last night was a load of ****e and didn't find it remotely funny or interesting. I seen the new damo and ivor skit from last night on youtube, just in case people are hard at following.

I seen the new damo and ivor skit from last night on youtube, just in case people are hard at following.

or learning basic grammar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

D1stant wrote: »
    or learning basic grammar

successful Grammar Nazi is successful

Hate Damo and Ivor, Ivor is such a blatant unfunny copy of Ross O'Carroll Kelly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

Where were the Rubber Bandits?!

Where were the Rubber Bandits?!
    They've had their 5 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Fishooks12 wrote: »

Hate Damo and Ivor, Ivor is such a blatant unfunny copy of Ross O'Carroll Kelly

Ah, come on! "I seen"?! FFS. That's not being a grammar Nazi. That's just a case of listen to what you're bloody saying. I SEEN. Something must sound wrong when uttered.

Anyway, It's an appalling show and always has been. A seriously unfunny traunch of worn jokes, jibes and an unnaturally stilted humour. No flow whatsoever. Rubbish.

Fishooks12 wrote: »

Unoriginal bookend poster is unoriginal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Thoroughly enjoyed the first episode; Jennifer is great at interviewing the 'celebs', and that Darby Leprechaun was very witty! Dead Cats Bounce's mock mobile phone network ad was good too, Damo and Ivor wasn't their best but I enjoyed it. Love that Salpa is playing a regular part this season, she is a babe of the highest order. Great show, have it on series link!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I dunno i didnt find the first episode that good to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I dunno i didnt find the first episode that good to be honest.

What a mong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That Darby sketch was a right laugh. I've never given this show much of a chance but I like what I saw on the most recent episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭garbanzo

That in itself is (almost) worth the licence fee. Brilliant, brilliant......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Well done RTE........ original as usual...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Which is why they've been picked up by Channel 4....... ?

• Advertisement

So they have.....3 short films by a Fr Ted director for Channel4 online to coincide with their Album and UK Tour:confused::confused:...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭real stig

...And toured America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

So they have.....3 short films by a Fr Ted director for Channel4 online to coincide with their Album and UK Tour:confused::confused:...

And they were commissioned by MTV to do some sketches for them too a while back.

In short - they're continuing their rise and by no means have they "had their 5 minutes".

They haven't even had their 15 minutes of fame yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I know this forum is somewhat a laughstock full of bitterness but

Ill put up my IQ and academics up against yours any day.

Besides all the thing alread mentioned here they only just played the Olympia Theatre.

rovert wrote: »
    Besides all the thing alread mentioned here they only just played the Olympia Theatre.
    Ok Ok, their seemingly doing well, fair play to them. To repetitive for me....

I didn't know I was a bitter swine....thanks for telling me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lets not let facts get in the way of GRRR RTE IS SO SH*TE over arching narrative here.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Republic of telly was unreal tonight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Its good but not as good as it once was. Like a lot of shows nowdays it can get very repetitive. On Monday again they had a thing about Fair City and im sure that was on it before if not something very like it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Great show, handy Sandy was back and i love the new skit Dotzy at the end:D

Dermo is much better than the biffo guy before him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭brennan1979

I find one thing about the show really odd and kind of troubling. Practically every character and sketch on the show involves a middle class actor pretending to be a 'skanger.' You have Handy Sandy, Damo, the new animated thing Dotsy and the home shopping channel skit. They seem to believe that being poor is somehow inherently hilarious.

I think the Rubberbandits transcended this as a lot of there stuff is very smart as well as being very funny but the other characters' sketchs seem to revolve around being on the dole, drinking Dutch Gold and being a criminal, and, unfortunately, very few jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Frank Funk

Practically every character and sketch on the show involves a middle class actor pretending to be a 'skanger.' You have Handy Sandy, Damo, the new animated thing Dotsy and the home shopping channel skit. They seem to believe that being poor is somehow inherently hilarious.

Spot on. Basically these RTE hacks looked at the success of Rubberbandits on the shallowest, most humorless level and said "me too." The Rubberbandits have been honing their act for years and if you listen to their older youtube stuff you see they're the real thing. Real Limerick scumbags don't wear plastic bags on their heads or psychically communicate with stray dogs. They are a genuine creation. (Which is why the Rubberbandits have just had a series commissioned from Channel 4.)

And the fact that RTE use taxpayers money to fund the blackface antics of a D4 prince (they have helicopters in the garden for feck's sake) whose father does business with crooks like Michael Lowery. Makes me fairly angry

The Republic of Telly on a whole is vile naff. The bit where the mean wan comes down the stairs to the camera angles for the frankly depressing back and forth with Dermot Whelan. What is the point of her at all? Is she dying?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

I've watched bits and pieces of the new episodes and have to say it is one of the most cringe worthy shows on RTE, and that's saying something. Is this really what we consider humour these days? Setting up a video recorder outside a cattle market nightclub to watch all the 'hilarious!' people talking sh1te to the camera?

This show actually angers me far more than it should!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Just sticking my head in this forum to see what's the consensus on this show. I'm definitely not the target viewer but when I caught a repeat last night, I was fairly impressed that I wasn't left trying to scratch my eyes out. Liked Dermot's Harry Hill-type critique of Fair City, and the bits with Bernard. Even the camera on Harcourt Street was quite funny in a 'man, I'm glad I'm too old for that' kind of way. But Jen Maguire trolling the geek convention? Didn't Dennis Pennis do this about 15 years ago? Should I just go back to the knitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

el diablo wrote: »
    Crikey, look at those tits. :)

Hi there figured I d drop by and ask you how you feel about the Rubberbandits and your '15 minutes of fame' will be soon up type talk this time last year. One year on Seems like they re still around and even stronger. Perhaps you might agree that maybe there might have been a bit of talent that went over your head after all. You ll forgive me gloating Im sure.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Hi there figured I d drop by and ask you how you feel about the Rubberbandits and your '15 minutes of fame' will be soon up type talk this time last year. One year on Seems like they re still around and even stronger. Perhaps you might agree that maybe there might have been a bit of talent that went over your head after all. You ll forgive me gloating Im sure.;)

I haven't heard a word from these muppets since that "Horse Outside" shyte last Christmas. I've no idea what you're talking about here. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I haven't heard a word from these muppets since that "Horse Outside" shyte last Christmas. I've no idea what you're talking about here. :confused:
    They've managed the fame from horse outside with outstanding professionalism and it looks like they are going to be around for a while.

They've managed the fame from horse outside with outstanding professionalism and it looks like they are going to be around for a while.

That's great news. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

That's great news. :)

The Fr Ted crew working for them and everything, brilliant...I know its childish but I just gotta gloat again...you got your prediction so f***ken wrong its extraordinary... :D:P:D:P:D:P

• Advertisement

Dannyriver wrote: »
    The Fr Ted crew working for them and everything, brilliant...I know its childish but I just gotta gloat again...you got your prediction so f***ken wrong its extraordinary... :D:P:D:P:D:P

I still have no idea what you're waffling on about. I honestly haven't heard a word about these munters in almost a year. Probably they're working in Supermacs in Ballyhaunis or somewhere similar.

Please don't respond to this post as it won't be read. :)

Advertisement