Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucan to Sandyford, Leopardstown Commute

• 15-02-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Might be looking at this in the coming months and was wondering what the commute is like now that the roadworks have finished? I would be leaving 7:30 ish and would be coming back 6ish.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Don't know about leaving at 7:30am - to beat the traffic, going from the red cow to ballinteer i'd would normally be on the M50 no later then 7am. Still, now that it's three lanes at least as far as ballinteer (+100kph), you might do it. Can't comment about the return journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

coming back at 6 you should be fine the biggest part is getting out of the estate in the evening, that can take a bit of time, then your flying home. on fridays the off ramp for lucan can be backed up a bit and takes on average about 10 mins to get through it all and on to the N4 outbound. please, please, please dont skip the cars that are q'ing to come off if the off ramp is busy. its annoying to the drivers that have waited patiently and also if you jump in at the last minute it can cause accidents/crashes. not saying that you will but i seeit every evening on the way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

If you are on the N4 at 7.30, you should expect to be at the J14 ramp at around 8am-'incidents' permitting.

I can't say what traffic is like into the industrial estate itself, but the only pinch point that I ensounter is on the ramp itself. I assume everyone is just getting there sooner and hopefully people will start to adjust their departure times accordingly. Still, I would rather this than the go-slow from Ballymount to J13 that was the case until last week....

In the evenings, since the works have finished, the worst part of the journey is definitely the J7 exit onto the N4. It used to just be an issue when there was an incident or on Fridays/Bank Holiday weekends, but it was bad every evening last week. Whether this will correct itself in time is hard to say, but at the moment it is frustrating, annoying and dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dragon_lordMTB

Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement