Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

awesome, I just captured C on Favela, while in Final Stand, yeah, thats how I roll :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Took me 5 full games to get it, but now I have my "<3" title. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'm loving semtex too :) I got a stuck two nights ago and managed a triple kill because the guy tried to run away and ran towards his mates :D

Two minutes later I stick the same fella and get another triple kill because he does the same thing.

Mic: 'Ah ****, not again!'

:D

Also shot an enemy claymore two night ago as well and got a double kill from it :D

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I'm loving semtex too :) I got a stuck two nights ago and managed a triple kill because the guy tried to run away and ran towards his mates :D

Two minutes later I stick the same fella and get another triple kill because he does the same thing.

Mic: 'Ah ****, not again!'

:D

Also shot an enemy claymore two night ago as well and got a double kill from it :D

Was that in FFA, or did you just hear him talking in the lobby afterwards?

Holy sh1t, got a multikill while in final stand, was playing ground war on Bailout, shot a guy, he had shot me enough to put me into final stand, I saw 3 of his teammate coming towards me so I lobbed a semtex at the big moving trucks front part, blew the truck, multi kill :D

• Advertisement

^^^ Nice

Was in Storm there, I'm going for Danger Close Pro, and have Tar-21 with nades, and thumper equppied. Got game winning kill by pummeling a nade right in an enemy's nether region :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

had a funny one in Afghan there. 4 of the enemy were camping on the sort of sniper spot overlooking the main part of the map (obv were friends seeing as there was 2 sniping, then the other two were covering the two ways into the spot). Anyway, I had a silencer on the M4, just to see how I liked it. Killed one of the guards, then managed to get the other 3 without them even realising I was there. After I got all 4, I was accused of cheating cause I wasn't showing up on the map when I was firing. Some people need to look at killcams more clearly, honestly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭raheny red

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Was that in FFA, or did you just hear him talking in the lobby afterwards?

Must have been in the lobby otherwise he's talking poop.

Hhahahhah OMG

Been in this lobby for the past 10 games. I kid you not, I've had the game winning kill 7 times in a row, and they've all been grenade kills lol.

(And yet it awarded me "The Edge 2/3" - for 20 game winnin kills, twice in a row? :confused:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Me and the cousin were getting fairly bored on CoD so we decided to try something.

Both of us used riot shields. Went into a match and find the house with the most action. He takes one door I take the other and we both have mic's on. It was hilarious.

Then when that was over I got my riot shield and went into crouch in a doorway. He stood above me with a spas. Then when anyone tried to come in the got killed by him while trying to kill me.

Good times. :D

• Advertisement

lol, wound up in Final Stand, again, and the guy who did it obviously wasnt paying enough attention, he stopped over my not quite dead yet body and was shooting at someone else, I slapped a semtex right on his arse and then watched as he span around frantically wondering where it came from, the blast killed me as well but it was worth it :D

This game is so much more enjoyable when you forget about kdr and killsteaks and whinging about people not playing it the "right" way, and just have fun with it.

37 kills in a game of Domination there,used my spas to get 5 for predator, got my harrier, the ac-130 got me up to 20 something, spas did the rest :D

edit: I'm perfectly aware this contradicts my previous point of not worrying about killstreaks, so shush :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Gave it a few rounds yesterday and today and I think i've found my secondary weapon of choice avec attachments...

The sound of it warms the cockles of my heart.

Pew pew.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Someone managed to shoot down a harrier and pave low with one stinger bullet. Was playing TDM on Rust so I think it was because they were pretty much beside each other in the air. They were both my friend's too and he was ragin. Didn't know it was possible at all though. :pac:

irish_goat wrote: »
    Someone managed to shoot down a harrier and pave low with one stinger bullet. Was playing TDM on Rust so I think it was because they were pretty much beside each other in the air. They were both my friend's too and he was ragin. Didn't know it was possible at all though. :pac:

tis, did it the other night, 700 xp for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Ryan!

I <3 Team Tactical

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

irish_goat wrote: »

Knew it was possible with the stinger, never saw it with that though. I saw someone shoot down two harriers somehow with a Javelin before, was a real fluke.

kudos due to the guy who did this to me earlier, two of us legging into the same room on Bailout, shot each other with spas, both wound up in final stand right in front of each other, and he basically shoved a semtex grenade into my face sitting there, it was fcuking hilarious :D

Absolutely mauled a team in Terminal there, was hiding (camping admittedly, but had no reason to move) in the fast food place overlooking the stairs,with my thermal intervention. Was one of the few times I looked into the scope, shot, looked out of the scope, and repeated another 9 times in quick succession. Pity the 11th guy got me with a RPG just before I had chopper unlocked ( I had nuke on aswell.. See my Mega rants post from about an hour ago :pac::pac::pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I have been messing with riot shields for the last few days. I currently have a riot shield, raffica, blast shield, flash, marathon, lightweight, sit-rep set-up. The panic of people, when you run through their claymores unscathed/survive being stuck with semtex before bashing them to death. Barrett users are especially fun as they try to no scope you by emptying a magazine at you to no avail! :P

• Advertisement

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I have been messing with riot shields for the last few days. I currently have a riot shield, raffica, blast shield, flash, marathon, lightweight, sit-rep set-up. The panic of people, when you run through their claymores unscathed/survive being stuck with semtex before bashing them to death. Barrett users are especially fun as they try to no scope you by emptying a magazine at you to no avail! :P

Riot shields are great, its such a pity you cant have blast shield and throwing knives on the same class, suviving a tube then burying one in someones face for the lulz

krudler wrote: »
    Riot shields are great, its such a pity you cant have blast shield and throwing knives on the same class, suviving a tube then burying one in someones face for the lulz
    I had throwing knife in the set-up until today but changed because I was getting stuck too much. I used take fire, then pop off a quick knife.

LOL! got a great kill on a FFA game there, was using my standard class when a guy got a harrier, wanted to change to my anti air class to take it down as i was winning, so I stuck a semtex at my feet to kill myself, as it blew I got a +175, wtf? I thought. turns out a guy ran and commando pro'd me just as the semtex went off, he got the kill on me but I took him with me, on the killcam all I saw was me looking at the floor, spinning around like a lunatic, he knifes me then gets blown up, stopped him short of a pavelow or something as well as he was the guy who had the harrier coming in, epic win :D

LOL! got a great kill on a FFA game there, was using my standard class when a guy got a harrier, wanted to change to my anti air class to take it down as i was winning, so I stuck a semtex at my feet to kill myself, as it blew I got a +175, wtf? I thought. turns out a guy ran and commando pro'd me just as the semtex went off, he got the kill on me but I took him with me, on the killcam all I saw was me looking at the floor, spinning around like a lunatic, he knifes me then gets blown up, stopped him short of a pavelow or something as well as he was the guy who had the harrier coming in, epic win :D
    !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Sabotage on Scrapyard-

Collected the bomb, killed a few on the way, planted the bomb and killed 3 guys in a row while retreating and got my stealth bomber but was killed so I respawned, waited till all the enemy team were at the bomb site and dropped the stealth on them, killed the whole team:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

I've fallen back in love with silenced TAR! Using it today and got all my killdtreaks in one match by using just that gun! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Another unbeaten streak last night, played with and against some boardies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Playing Terminal in a FFA. Sprinted to the escalators and spotted a sniper ahead of me heading to the big glass window. Cooked a grenade while running, lobbed into the air. Arced through the sky, exploded on his head and shattering the glass. Best kill I've gotten in a bit!

was playing in Skidrow and one of the team was using a riot shield and double rangers, he ran into the green room in the centre and I lobbed a semtex at his shield as it was on his back, got a triple kill with it :D

• Advertisement

Was playing tdm there in Skidrow, first ever time using c4s, for 16 kills and 5 deaths (only used c4's), with scavenger pro. Epic fun :)

Prestiged for the 3rd time, played TDM on Salvage and got 29 kills with the default grenadier class,all but 2 with the silenced Spas. Went from lvl1 to 4 with less than 200 xp till I hit lvl 5, not bad going :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sweet Ace in COD4. Killed all 6 guys in SnD on Strike using the R700 which was used for 4 out of the 6 kills. The other was a double C4 kill :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

FCUKING YES !!!!

Just got my 10th nuke . After pretty much 3 days flat out trying for it ....... everything that could go wrong ,did go wrong .

Even on this game there was a host migration as my pavlow was in the air :mad:

Will never be trying for one again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

That's it, no more Modern Warfare 2 for me, the PS3 that a friend lent me is going back today and with it all the blood, sweat and tears I put into my 12 days with the console. Thanks for the memories and apologies to anyone on the wrong end of my throwing-knife rampage last night.

Peace.

FCUKING YES !!!!

Just got my 10th nuke . After pretty much 3 days flat out trying for it ....... everything that could go wrong ,did go wrong .

Even on this game there was a host migration as my pavlow was in the air :mad:

Will never be trying for one again

Congrats dude, I'm at 4 ,havent tried for one in a while, think I will once I unlock my next 2 killstreaks.

• Advertisement

Am at lvl 19 already after only prestiging yesterday, seem to be going up at least 1 rank ever 2 games or so, had a few games of S&D last night, those 500xp per kill rewards are great :D forgot about doing half the challenges again though, I finally (accidentally) managed the "drop a crate on an enemy" challenge (as on the top level of Rust in FFA, dropped my care package marker hoping it wouldnt fall off the side, instead it went straight down the ladder and clocked a guy coming back for a revenge kill, he was RAGING :D)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

My little rant in the Megabitch thread yesterday has no bearing anymore :D

My brother took the HDMI wire months ago without me noticing hence why everything was so close up, blurry and dark no matter what I did to alter the settings :pac:

Does anyone know if the challenges where you have to fire an entire AR/SMG/LMG mag into enemies without missing counts if you shoot at air support?or riot shields? trying to up my callsign count, am 1 short of completing the first page, just need the Cluster Bomb one for killing 5 or more people in one round with harrier/airstrike bombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Does anyone know if the challenges where you have to fire an entire AR/SMG/LMG mag into enemies without missing counts if you shoot at air support?or riot shields? trying to up my callsign count, am 1 short of completing the first page, just need the Cluster Bomb one for killing 5 or more people in one round with harrier/airstrike bombs.

Alas it doesn't work that way!

Got Cluster Bomb yesterday, spent days of trying with UAV, Precision Airstrike and Harrier - found it was easiest if I got all 3, then died and worked up to UAV before unleashing the killstreaks from the previous life - hopefully a bunch of them will be clustered together.

Cossax wrote: »
    Alas it doesn't work that way!

Got Cluster Bomb yesterday, spent days of trying with UAV, Precision Airstrike and Harrier - found it was easiest if I got all 3, then died and worked up to UAV before unleashing the killstreaks from the previous life - hopefully a bunch of them will be clustered together.

drat, gonna have to do it the hard way then.

Ha yeah,theres nothing worse than having airstrikes/harriers/stealth bomber equipped but no UAV, and you just hope either the entire enemy team isnt using silencers or someone on your team gets a UAV before you bring them in. I dont bother with airstrikes or harriers on FFA though, no point as you rarely ever get more than 2 people anywhee near each other, and if you do one of them is usually dead before the bombs hit. Unless you're those two moronic boosters who where using unsilenced sniper rifles on Afghan the other night :rolleyes: they may as well have been firing flares off advertising where they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I got mine on Underpass, had 3 of them congregate in the train-yard/industrial yard passageway, nailed them with it from the drainage ditch and then got killed there as I was trying to call it in on top of me - spawned and called it in and BOOM, another 2 kills! :D

Just got 4 kills with one semtex on Domination on Scrapyard, had hardline on, legged it towards C, lobbed it, boom, instant multikill and all my killstreaks (uav, package, predator) in one go :D

Had a funny moment in Favela. Guy on the other team was using the Riot Shield, hadn't a clue what he was doing. He started walking towards me, crouched. I saw a team-mate of mine was near me on the map, start moving backwards to get the shielder in sight. 2 seconds later, bang, shotgun to the side of his head.

Had one of the most fun games of Domination ever on Bailout last night, it was non stop insanity from start to finish, began with one of my team getting a multikill by firing an RPG at the moving truck on the hill as the other team was going for B, its was just constant, harriers, pavelows,choppers, ac130s ( i think there was at least 3 in the game) and ended up with a nuke with the score at 197-198, I got 36 kills and 19 deaths and I was the lowest scoring person on the team, top guy had 86 kills and 35 deaths or something, it was awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

I was dumped into a ffa game with 7 boosters earlier. One guy was at 18 kills when I joined.
    3 predators, 2 harriers and a shed load of ump rounds later I won the match and received a barrage of foreign messages presumably telling me how awesome I am.

I love huntin boosters.:D

Was playing against Remi in TDM there, took out the aul riot shield, got a few kills on him with it, but he got more with a semtex :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

In the lobby waiting for the game to begin on fuel.

All i hear is two guys on the mic arguing with one another over whos turn it was to play.

One guy pipes up '' Oi it's my go give me the controller''

Other guy '' No in a minute''

''If you don't give me the controller i'm going to look through your mom's panty drawer''

Queue guy giving him his turn. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TowerIRL

I only got this game game the other day lol, I know I know I'm a little late but I have to say it's the best game I've bought in a long time! I'd say I've spent more hours playing it than not playing it! Well worth the xbox live membership too. Still finding it hard to get some good guns and attachments though, I guess it just takes time ha. If anyone wants to add me for a game my GT is: resignedjoey.
    Go easy on me though lol :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Got a Predator in a game on Fuel over the weekend. Opened the laptop and saw a nice group of Red squares direcly under me. Boosted the missile, and QUAD!!!!! I was playing with a smile for the next few games. Jumped straight to Pavelow and then got to bring in the Harrier after that as well. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

SnD on Quarry,

Was hunting the last guy left, outside the building with the catwalk up in the roof and the ladder outside near the spawn.

Time was almost up so I ran up the ladder onto the catwalk inside looking for the last guy, running along in and "bang" take a shot from a sniper, jumped over the edge of the railing and dropped down onto the catwalk below, mid air I spot a sniper camping in the corner and fired with the M16, headshot, round won:pac:

What made it better was what he said back in the lobby, "you're a noob for using an M16". Called a "noob" by a little camper who sits in a corner...with a sniper rifle..can't even camp right:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement