Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Had the funnest game in a long time. Granted I only did 21-2 but it was so much fun. M21 EBR Silenced, Spas-12 Grip. Scavenger, Cold Blooded, Steady Aim (all pro) in Terminal. Got my 50th pred, 50th harrier, and 50th kill with harrier all in 1 game haha :D

Was just hanging around outside killing people, got a flashbang kill aswell. Guy was running down the main stairs, headshot, but you've to take two shots to kill people w/o SPP so I lobbed a grenade over the big huge window and it fell through the roof, exploded and sent him to a better place. :)

27-0 in overgrown.
    Didn't kill anybody with pred. Harrier got 4. Chopper got 16 (and game winnin kill). Pity I didn't have nuke on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Got on for 3 games yesterday evening. I was level 69 at the start, with about 10k XP to go before hitting level 70.

First game was Rundown. I decided for a laugh to set my killstreaks to Pred/Harrier/EAD, and ran with the ACR with Holo and Spas. I ended up going on a lovely run. It started with 3 kills from the boardwalk with my ACR, but I then decided to move around a bit and ended up getting kind of swamped in the walled area near the bridge beside the church, on Mansion side of the map. (hope that explains it)
    I took out one guy coming over the bridge with my spas, and then managed to take out his mate who was following after him, but got injured. I turned back into what I thought was the safety of our spawn side to recover, when I came upon a Witcher coming up the steps. I managed to spas him before he got to lunge properly, but then another guy came round the corner from the small chicken coup. I just about managed to take him out too. So I'd gotten my Pred & Harriers in about 5 seconds.
    I moved up to mansion to launch the Harrier strike, which got me the one kill I needed for the EAD. So I chucked it behind the mansion. I ended up getting a UAV first, then Harrier Strike, then Pred, then another harrier strike. The only problem was that the scores were at about 6800:6600. So I launched my 2nd Harrier strike, in mid map. Score now at 7200. I launched my Pred and got 1 kills. 7400 (as harriers were picking up kills). I launched my Last Harrier strike anywhere in the map, but couldn't call in the UAV as someone else got the game winning kill.

That unlocked my Level 70, so I decided to straight away load the AK into a custom Class with the Striker for a change. This time I set my killstreaks to be Sentry/Harrier/EAD. I started on the lower spawn, so turned right and worked the area between the offices, and into the Loading bay area. The AK was sooo much fun! Anyone that came close died, and I was able to pick guys off midmap as well. (Such a shame it's unlocked so late). Anyway, I got my Sentry and Harrier together as I got rushed by a few guys. So I launched my Harrier midmap and then called in the sentry gun package. One of my teammates tried to nick it, but I got it just in time. At this point my harrier got me my 8th kill. So I went out to midmap between tailsections and L plane and set the sentry gun there. Then went back to the Crane corner to call in the EAD. I got a Pavelow, a pred and some UAV's I think. I made the mistake here of calling in my Pavelow straight away though, because quite a few of their team were now holed up in the offices taking cover from the support that was already out, so it didn't get too many kills.

Anyway, both games were great fun, and reminded me that the Spas is a beast, that the AK is a fabulous Assault Rifle, and that the EAD can be a great killstreak as your last one (since it doesn't count towards any others above it). I had to finish up after the next map, but I was well chuffed with my short stint. :)

Haven't died in 5 games running now Ahaha :D:D

Was in Afghan, up on the big hill picking people off. I had uav, care package and precision airstrike. Set of uav, killed a guy, care package, counter uav. Then killed for the precision. Stayed in that general area, ran out of ammo for the EBR. Killed a guy and took his m16 acog and r*ped their spawn. 17-0 haha

Lol, 97exp for next level up to 58. :P

Why does nearly every Irish person I hear with a mic sound like they're from Cork..

"hey no way boi, it's only quickscope like"... "hey hey lads i've a nuke on riiiiiiite?"

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Why does nearly every Irish person I hear with a mic sound like they're from Cork..

"hey no way boi, it's only quickscope like"... "hey hey lads i've a nuke on riiiiiiite?"

:p

I would like to apologise for all my funny sounding brethren. We do have rather strange voices.

....like :P

Kersmash wrote: »
    I would like to apologise for all my funny sounding brethren. We do have rather strange voices.

....like :P

It was actually during the quick scope game with your brother and a few of "his kind" that I posted this haha. "hey dat ith...mo.....Spas... is realli gud!" :D

Ah that's you! In fairness, not all of the people in that lobby were little prepubescent boosters! A couple of my friends IRL joined in too. Anyway, I'd just like to apologise for his kind in advance xD Sure he's only a yung un!

Ah that's you! In fairness, not all of the people in that lobby were little prepubescent boosters! A couple of my friends IRL joined in too. Anyway, I'd just like to apologise for his kind in advance xD Sure he's only a yung un!

:D:D
    Whats your gamertag?

xkersmashx

I'll be on later, the bros kinda hogging it now. I'd be up for a few games this evening anyway!

• Advertisement

xkersmashx

I'll be on later, the bros kinda hogging it now. I'd be up for a few games this evening anyway!

Sounds good. I'll add ya later :D

I shot down over 120 Enemy Air Support in 1 game. Seriously ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 daireb9

Got two triple kill predators in search today and went 17-1 in one of the matches :D

Saw the funniest game winning kill just there in Salvage. Guy has tar and shoots the enemy. Then he notices a guy in final stand, moving backwards. His legs where in the air, his hand clutching a pistol, firing between his legs haha. Out guy shot him in the head. Hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I shot down over 120 Enemy Air Support in 1 game. Seriously ;)
    Cold Blooded glitch? As in, shooting a falling helicopter counts as shooting down a killstreak for every bullet that hits.

Got almost 25k exp in 1 match. This consisted of Cold Blooded Pro V, Scavenger Pro V, good few flag captures, and a few small challenges, like 5 heatshots etc. Fun fun, finally they sent out a pavelow, rpd spray galore :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Got almost 25k exp in 1 match. This consisted of Cold Blooded Pro V, Scavenger Pro V, good few flag captures, and a few small challenges, like 5 heatshots etc. Fun fun, finally they sent out a pavelow, rpd spray galore :D:D:D

Highest exp i've gotten in one match was 38k.:D

celtic723 wrote: »
    Highest exp i've gotten in one match was 38k.:D

Do tell :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Do tell :)

What's there to tell?:o

It was in a game of domination. Can't even remember the map as i wasn't arsed at the time. Changed weapons numerous times so got a shedload of challenges and done pretty well with air support and racked up a good few captures.

Pretty easy to do if you get lucky.

• Advertisement

Just maxed tier 2 perks. Only ones left to finish off making all perks pro are :
    Bling
    OMA
    Scrambled Eggs
    Sitrep
    Last Stand

Easy Peasy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Another good night won about 15 lost 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Shammy wrote: »
    Another good night won about 15 lost 1
    Nice one, im definitely more for the wins these days rather than kd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Just jumped up to Cold Blooded V after a pavelow. Already did it in a previous prestige properly but it's not bad for a bit of experience.

I got Tar-21 Marksman 3 (?) - For the 500th kill... 3 times in a row in 1 game lol?

It's happened before I think I've gotten a challenge unlocked, but it comes up again. And I've only prestiged once, but it's happened since I've prestiged.

I got Tar-21 Marksman 3 (?) - For the 500th kill... 3 times in a row in 1 game lol?

It's happened before I think I've gotten a challenge unlocked, but it comes up again. And I've only prestiged once, but it's happened since I've prestiged.
    Thats lag between the servers and your console. You unlock it but it doesnt register with the servers, so it resets and you unlock it again. Its weird like its happened to me before too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Just got The Bigger They Are...

...with a riot shield.:D

And a nice little mexican fighting mask emblem to go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Rycn wrote: »
    Thats lag between the servers and your console. You unlock it but it doesnt register with the servers, so it resets and you unlock it again. Its weird like its happened to me before too.

Might explain what happened me earlier to-day...the only difference is mine didn't register at-all.....I definitely had 18 of 20 Noob-tube kills to unlock the shotgun attachment for the Scar-H, before I get abuse I was Booster hunting so my conscience is clear ;).....Noticed Boosters put on Booster hunting class, Noob-Tubed 1 of them before getting killed....went back AT4ed 2 of them, got killed....went back threw on the Noob-Tube, bang Booster dead.....No shotgun attachment unlocked....:(.....changed class after that as Boosters had ceased.....when game ended checked Scar-H challanges and only had 19 of 20 kills....:confused::confused:

Joined a game of Domination that Krudler and Ardinn were in.
    First line of the kill feed "Krudler - (Spas) - Ardinn". Typical :rolleyes:

I joined some of the games with ye there, man I hate ground war. Just too many people, getting noob tubed from every angle.

On a positive note, primarily used the USP today cos I wanted to get akimbo. Went 13-3 on quarry, just using it. Twas fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

JeanClaude wrote: »
    Might explain what happened me earlier to-day...the only difference is mine didn't register at-all.....I definitely had 18 of 20 Noob-tube kills to unlock the shotgun attachment for the Scar-H, before I get abuse I was Booster hunting so my conscience is clear ;).....Noticed Boosters put on Booster hunting class, Noob-Tubed 1 of them before getting killed....went back AT4ed 2 of them, got killed....went back threw on the Noob-Tube, bang Booster dead.....No shotgun attachment unlocked....:(.....changed class after that as Boosters had ceased.....when game ended checked Scar-H challanges and only had 19 of 20 kills....:confused::confused:

Maybe they had a claymore and your tube blew that up and killed them.

The lag thing happened to me as well today. I got the game winning killcam with a predator and in the next game, which we lost, the challenge came up as completed again.

• Advertisement

Trailer Park - Lob a semtex over a trailer. First Blood. Triple kill :D

Trailer Park - Lob a semtex over a trailer. First Blood. Triple kill :D
    Haha NICEONE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

A while ago a few of us in a party decided to use pistols only in a match. The map was highrise so I said id try out my sniping skills with the m9 pistol.
    The match started and i went straight to the corner window and fired a few shots across to the other window. First blood headshot.:D

That was a great game and we destroyed them aswell.

In one game in sub base, I got a 17 killstreak from Spas alone no killstreaks used until this. Put Sandy Ravage to shame if I may say so myself.. if only for 1 game.

Shot after shot after shot hit. (There were a few alcoholic beverages comsumed already haha). F'in wish I had a HD PVR at times like these. Or at least a screen cap :'(

Absolutely r@ped the team in Underpass. Intervention with thermal. And Spas. Oh my god SPAS IS BEASTY BEYOND BELIEF!!

Got 7 kills 2 minutes in. Harriers took a while to get the 4 kills. When they did it was chopper time. Most people were inside I was up to 18 kills. Took out my old trusty spas to get what was left for the nuke. Got 24th kill, (and there was another guy right behind him). Game winning kill. FML. Closest I've ever gotten to nuke (with it being equipped) and I run out of kills in a way. Ah well. I'm most definitely buying a recording thingymabobeen to show ye the spas pwnage. Maybe they're not Sandy Ravage's triple's but they're a ton of singles in quick succession etc. Bleh, time to drink more Bulmerrs haha.

Peace out :cool:

Edity: I just remembered. When I was hiding with the Chopper Gunner laptop under the main bridge in Underpass there was a red square exactly where I was hiding. I figured there was a guy thinking he was the beast waiting to knife me as soon as I had exited the chopper gunner interface. The instant I exited it, I melee'd and killed him. Showed him the prick :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Getting paired with idiot enemies and teammates is fun, more kills for me and more challenges completed :D

MATE JUST GOT A NUKE ON MY ACC :D:D:D:D:D:D

35-3 Afghan. Harrier Ac130 and Nuke. He took 6 kills after the AC to get it lulz.

I'm posting in this thread alot haha.

Was in Sub Base TDM with Kersmash. Told him to watch this game. Went around with my Spas, and we exchanged kills. Tried to flank him on the west side, looking towards the long walkway. Threw a semtex when I saw a guy, stuck, triple kill haha.

Kermsash, if you're reading this, you stopped me 1 short of harriers when ya got me with the spas the first time (I had nuke on aswell), gj mate ;)

I was 2 off my AC-130 when you got me with the Spas the first time! As I was walking out the door you got a hitmarker on me and I just went "Bollocks, I bet that's him and his Spas" xD Then you just lay waste to me >< Fun game though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

12 times I killed the same guy on a ground war, he kept going back to the exact same place trying to camp, he killed me first by hiding in the long grass at the back of Underpass, I went back, there he was, hadnt moved an inch, boom , headshot with SPAS, repeat this again and again and again, I just skulked around between the grassy area and the warehouse building, and he just.kept.coming.back. got an ac-130 out of it :D I sent him a message saying he was the worst camper ever and he freaked in the after game lobby, calling me the biggest noob on MW2, the other guys were pissing themselves and they were on his team!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm posting in this thread alot haha.

Was in Sub Base TDM with Kersmash. Told him to watch this game. Went around with my Spas, and we exchanged kills. Tried to flank him on the west side, looking towards the long walkway. Threw a semtex when I saw a guy, stuck, triple kill haha.

Kermsash, if you're reading this, you stopped me 1 short of harriers when ya got me with the spas the first time (I had nuke on aswell), gj mate ;)

The plonker stopped me one short of an AC130 in the early hours of this morning :P

The plonker stopped me one short of an AC130 in the early hours of this morning :P
    Jaysus ill have to have a game with this chap, seems to be the ac130 stopper lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

84-5, domination on afgan. Needless to say... there was some bitching and name calling via msg's from the other team :D. Think i would have had 3 nukes if i had it on.

Probably the worst set of players i'd ever seen.

Not really anything directly to do with the game but this made me chuckle, saw the new A-Team movie last night and theres a bit with an AC-130 in it, firing at a target. One of the main characters is watching what its shooting at on a monitor and goes "wow thats cool, it looks just like Call of Duty doesnt it?!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Was playing trailer park on Friday night, gettin my ass handed to me as it was my first game and tend to need time to get up to speed.
    Every turn I took I got shot.
    Time to change tactics... switched to my runner class and stumbled across a guy lying down in the warehouse on the very edge of the map. He had cold-blooded pro and a silenced spas.
    Tried to flush the little f'r out to no avail.
    Out of sheer desperation, I switched to my TAR with noob-tube, and fired a "hail mary" up along that side of the match... managed to nail the b*stard - GAME WINNING KILL.:eek:
    There's something sublime about watching the grenade sail through the air.. the ppl I was playing with p*ssed themselves laughing :D:D:D

krudler wrote: »
    Not really anything directly to do with the game but this made me chuckle, saw the new A-Team movie last night and theres a bit with an AC-130 in it, firing at a target. One of the main characters is watching what its shooting at on a monitor and goes "wow thats cool, it looks just like Call of Duty doesnt it?!" :D

Gotta love the A-team. Haven't watched the movie yet, was it any good as the original series? or one of those horribe it should never have happened remakes?

Gotta love the A-team. Haven't watched the movie yet, was it any good as the original series? or one of those horribe it should never have happened remakes?

I liked it,its stupid OTT fun which is what you expect really. The action scenes are beyond ridiculous, especially the bit with the tank from the trailer but its a good laugh. Just dont take it any bit serious and you'll enjoy it, Sharlto Copley is hilarious as Murdoch.

lvl 55-69 in 3 days. Not bad going I think. Just unlocked the Green MW2 Title, and I've only 1 left to get. The carpet bomber title *runs to equip precision and harriers* haha.

Stupid laptop. Double post sorry.

• Advertisement

I've got one title left to unlock on the first page as well, feels good looking through seeing how far you've come challenge wise since getting the game, its easy to say you dont care about the challenges but some of those callsigns are funky, hope they keep them for Black Ops.

Advertisement