Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

krudler wrote: »
    I've got one title left to unlock on the first page as well, feels good looking through seeing how far you've come challenge wise since getting the game, its easy to say you dont care about the challenges but some of those callsigns are funky, hope they keep them for Black Ops.

Which one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Which one?

the carpet bomber one as well, i think its kill 5 people in one match with harrier/airstrike bombs?

the carpet bomber one as well, i think its kill 5 people in one match with harrier/airstrike bombs?

See I was thinkin about that and I think there has been a few games where I've gotten more than 5 and it may be that :

1. It has to be either Harrier or Precision bomb drops.

2. (And this is where I was wrong) It's 5 kills in 1 Harrier Bomb Drop, or 1 Precision Bomb Drop. Not 5 kills in total from as many harriers / precision as it takes in a game.

I don't think I'll try to get any pages full for a while now. The first page kinda just happened. Some other pages need further prestiges to get the titles / emblems which I'm not going to do after maxing some guns / getting most perks pro.

I think I have 3-4 left on the page with the speed challenges and the ones with the samurai mask , it has the Omnipotent and Army of 1 challenges on it, think its the 4th page? must check the wiki and see what exactly i need for them, a lot of them happen by accident anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

I actually got that carpet bomber one on Saturday. It was on Trailer Park, and it was a Precision Strike. Maybe try use that killstreak when you get that map next time. The spawns are pretty predictable, and there are only a few main alleys people run down, so if you get it right, you can clean up. :) (Stealth Bomber is also a great killstreak to use on that map. I've seen people destroy with it before as well)

I prestiged last thing on Friday night (or maybe it was when I logged back in on Saturday mid morning). Anyway, I played most of that day and for a little bit yesterday. Up to level 31 now I think. Had some great fun along the way.

The 3-4-5 killstreak default is actually some great fun. And I'm back in love with the Famas. I used it a lot on my 1st prestige, but not since then. Got back used to the burst fire usage. That and the UMP are my go to guns so far this prestige. I've just got the FMJ challenge left to get the complete unlock on the UMP.

• Advertisement

Hah, we were in Storm there TDM.
    Enemy had UAV on and some guy had marathon/lightweight/commando on and was going for a guy on my team who had predator laptop out. I shot him with spas and saved his life I guess. Two minutes later the same dude is back for a revenge kill and the guy who I saved, shot him mid lunge and saved me haha.
    Gotta love it when things like that happen :)

Two things happened that had me lol'ing over the weekend.

Firstly, I had a guy running towards me when I was reloading. Certain death I thought. Then he suddenly took off like superman and shot over my head crashing into a wall. He'd walked over one of my teammates claymores (Enigma). I laughed a lot, and was well relieved.

Then in another game, I had a sentry gun in Trailer Park. I left it in the open by the swimming pool and it got a couple of kills. Then I decided I'd move it around to catch people out who were avoiding it, so I put in beside the big dumpster by the C spawn. Another kill, so next time I passed by, I picked it up again and ran in towards one of the trailers over-looking the Swimming Pool. But there was a sniper sitting in the window hardscoped down to where we spawned. I plonked the sentry gun about a foot behind his back and sat back waiting for the inevitable. He lasted about .54 seconds before he got mowed to bits. I cracked up with the laughter, picturing him looking at the killcam and thinking "I could have sworn that sentry gun wasn't there when I started camping!!!" :confused::confused::confused:

:D:D:D I'm still chuckling away here thinking about that second one. It's like the WayneWexford videos where he sticks claymores behind guys, only better (imho)! :D

Sentry guns can be a laugh if you get them in the right places, I stick one on top of the plane on Scrapyard, jump on the trucks bonnet, onto the roof, the jump to the plane window, you can run up to the wing and wind up on top of it, sentry up there, enemy team spawning at A= win.

I got a midair gamewinning double kill last night on Afghan, running towards the stone stairs/walkway thingy at the back of the map around the cliffside, jumped the first flight as I saw a guy scoot down there, blasted, and got his mate who had just spawned in the little alcove with the barrell as well, boo-ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

I was playing S&D and they killed our team early and only me was left so it was 4 on 1. Managed to kill them all and defuse the bomb. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Risteard wrote: »
    I was playing S&D and they killed our team early and only me was left so it was 4 on 1. Managed to kill them all and defuse the bomb. :D
    Thats what i love about SND, its fulfilling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Ran around killing people on S&D with a throwing knife.
    So satisfying!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I was playing and stayed in the same lobby ages. There was this one guy who was using DC, tube and RPGs for the entire time, not shooting at all. I messaged him after an hour of it asking him to stop using them (in not so polite language). In that game, he got the game-winning-kill with bullets on me, the first time he had killed me with bullets in the hour. I finished on a negative k:d ratio.

Then in the lobby he was shouting at me, saying he would stay in the lobby, just to ruin my game.
    I got top score in the next 3 games, getting all my killstreaks in each, as well as 2 game-winning kills on said player. I had the highest k:d ratio in each and then I logged off with a message for the guy (sounded in his 20's) telling him that a 15 year old had just shredded him.:D

I'm loving the Rock glitch in Fuel. It's a absolute gem. Talk about free kills! :)

I got dumped into a game of TDM there last night, with the game at just 400:200. I spawned at the A flag section, so started moving around slowly to try to see where the other team were. After checking the mini map, I saw some red dots appearing in the open expanse. So I figured there were some guys in the rock.

I went into the middle building. At the windows near B flag, I edged from the corridor into the room slowly so the rock gradually came into view. Using my famas, I let of a few burst fires into the rock from right to left. There were two guys in there and I got them both. I started to move away, then thought that they probaby had TI's in there with them. So I went down the stairs and did the same edging trick in the Exit Pipe, till I could just see the rock again. A few more burst fires and I had another two kills. After a little while looking for more kills in the buildings I got bored with the lack of action and went back to the B window again and got another 1 kill. The second guy started shooting back so I cut my losses and moved on. No point trying to kill him when he knows I'm there and I'm just shooting at a rock. But they gave me my predator. :)

Those two guys ended up with something like 2:9 each. Although in fairness one of them caught me out later in the game. I was looking for some more easy kills, so went back down to the Exit pipe, but he was camped back in the dark section of the tunnel waiting for me and got me unawares. I'll be looking for that corner in future. Still I think I finished with 6 kills from that rock, to my 1 death so a good bit of business overall, and it's certainly something I'll be trying more often on that map. The burst fire weapons were perfect for it too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

shawpower wrote: »
    I'm loving the Rock glitch in Fuel. It's a absolute gem. Talk about free kills! :). :)

I went 38-6 on TDM on Fuel. My killstreaks were pred, harriers, pavelow. The idiots on other team were more concerned about the rock glitch and totally ignored my air support. Talk about free kills.

Enigma IE wrote: »
    I went 38-6 on TDM on Fuel. My killstreaks were pred, harriers, pavelow. The idiots on other team were more concerned about the rock glitch and totally ignored my air support. Talk about free kills.

Does Air Support kill them in the rock? I know a predator doesn't after learning the hard way. Thought I'd get a guaranteed double in one game! :rolleyes: Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

shawpower wrote: »
    Does Air Support kill them in the rock? I know a predator doesn't after learning the hard way. Thought I'd get a guaranteed double in one game! :rolleyes: Oh well.

Not sure, but they were all scrambling to get over there so I assume they were getting taken out en-route. I did take one out with a predator, while he was either in or adjacent to the rock, I think I called out to you asking you could I kill them in the rock?

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Not sure, but they were all scrambling to get over there so I assume they were getting taken out en-route. I did take one out with a predator, while he was either in or adjacent to the rock, I think I called out to you asking you could I kill them in the rock?

Well I've landed a pred right on top of the rock and it had no effect. So unless you maybe drop it beside it and they get taken out that way? But I'd assume they were not in the rock yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

just got nuke on rust :D spas 4 life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

ajeffares wrote: »
    just got nuke on rust :D spas 4 life
    Seriously? What game mode was it? That's impressive, well done.

I got my longest killstreak on Rust (only 18) but I was sitting atop the structure in the middle. I assume you weren't sitting there if you were using the spas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

2 flawless games in a row-19/0 and 25/0 on MTDM:Dand I dont have pred/harrier/chopper gunner fitted:D*

*I think they were all noobs

SoulTrader wrote: »
    Seriously? What game mode was it? That's impressive, well done.

I got my longest killstreak on Rust (only 18) but I was sitting atop the structure in the middle. I assume you weren't sitting there if you were using the spas?

FFA . . . it was unbelievable . . . steady aim + grip just stayed in the center till got 7 then jumped up on box . . harriers got me to 11 (with the airstrike alone) chopper gunner got me to 28-0 i then had to stop killing so i didn't end the game :D it was a weird situation where for around 10 seconds i was just sitting in the chopper not shooting :D

2 or 3 games later I got a 23 kill streak on underpass but unfortunately got stopped short

Bwahahahaha, was playing a ground war on Wasteland, got my harriers, it got shot down at 10 kills so one short of my ac-130, I decided to leg it to where the action was going on, didnt care if I got killed straight after as I just wanted the ac-130, was running down a really open stretch and then thought "hmmm, i better check nobodies behind me" I whipped around, and lo and behold, there was a guy legging after me presumably trying to get a humiliation kill or something as he would have had plenty of time to just shoot me, popped a spas round in his head and got my ac, instead of going 11-1 I went 19-0 thanks to his showboating, cheers dickhead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Was playing HCHQ on quarry, we capped HQ at the big fuel drums, i was up in the building with the catwalks looking out the window, last guy alive, killed the entire enemy team twice before they managed to take me out and get into HQ. Was funny as ****, 1 bullet bursts raping their faces while they shot aimlessly at the windows.

Was also playing with some clan of my clan mates, i was on the other team after joining session, one of them stickies me with semtex and i run up to him and blow him up aswel... .good stuff.

Think the Resurgence maps have been put into map rotation for normal choose your own game modes. 4 of 5 of the last maps chosen were resurgence. Guess I'll have time to learn them now lol.

Hahaha. Was playing TDM rust, and I was picked as host. Now my internet is useless at the best of times out wesht.

There were a few guys with OMA on top of the building. Kept noobtubing. One guy got emergency airdrop, and by this time I was up to about harriers. My internet starts going slow and in the feed all I can see is X disconnected, Y disconnected, Z disconnected. Turns out everyone but me disconnected. I stole the 4 care packages (1 harrier, 1 Pavelow, 1 ammo, 1 sentry gun) and sent out my harriers, then the pavelow once they were finised lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Heh, was playing a game in Rundown. The game started very laggy, though everyone had 3 bars. One guy started giving out, telling the host to leave. Turns out he didn't notice he was hosting, and had been giving out to himself.

Just got the AllPro Title (2 headshots 1 bullet).

With the SPAS :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Holy $hit!! Nicely done!

I got it once, with the Intervention, on Invasion, I was walking up the left side of the map (towards the shop with rooftop) and I managed to get it - purely by accident.

I'm on 7th Prestige and haven't managed it yet.

Collateral Damage, yes, but not All Pro

• Advertisement

Hehe thanks. Didn't have stopping power / FMJ on. It was domination in Derail. They had C and I was trying to capture. Two guys hiding in corner under the roof and I have a habit of flicking the right analogue up when I shoot.

Got collateral before on Overgrown. Got all pro on a mates account once on Storm. We were in the house with the clown/manneuqin things. I run into the centre "bridge" between the two stairs you can enter the building by. Got 3 in 1, 2 headshots 1 body kill. A 4th guy got hurt but had painkiller on hehe. Kinda sickened he didn't cos it would have flashed up as multi kill :cool:

shay wrote: »
    Holy $hit!! Nicely done!

I got it once, with the Intervention, on Invasion, I was walking up the left side of the map (towards the shop with rooftop) and I managed to get it - purely by accident.

I'm on 7th Prestige and haven't managed it yet.

Collateral Damage, yes, but not All Pro
    I got it before I ever prestiged with a FAMAS on skidrow.

Not by me but props to this guy, last night on Highrise, ran out the window by the Ranger spawn at the beginning of the match (c flag) got dropped by a sniper bullet, only he killed the two guys behind me as well, a triple kill with one bullet, never seen it before.

Not by me but props to this guy, last night on Highrise, ran out the window by the Ranger spawn at the beginning of the match (c flag) got dropped by a sniper bullet, only he killed the two guys behind me as well, a triple kill with one bullet, never seen it before.
    Highrise is great for All Pro actually. Got it there on two of my prestiges. That window to window across map shot can result in multikills.

Claymores + Run 'n' Gun class + Scrapyard = AWESOME!

I'm starting to absolutely LOVE this class.

UMP Silenced.
    Spas-12 Extended Mags
    Semtex

Marathon Pro
    Lightweight Pro (Have another class w/ Cold Blooded)
    Ninja Pro

Run n' Gun. Bang, and the noobs are gone. Love flanking on maps like Sub Base, Highrise and Skidrow..

Krudler, if you're reading this, I'm almost at 1k kills for Spas. Is it 250 headshots tho for the Skull Titles?

• Advertisement

UMP Silenced.
    Spas-12 Extended Mags
    Semtex

Marathon Pro
    Ninja Pro

Run n' Gun. Bang, and the noobs are gone. Love flanking on maps like Sub Base, Highrise and Skidrow..

Krudler, if you're reading this, I'm almost at 1k kills for Spas. Is it 250 headshots tho for the Skull Titles?

I think so yeah, thats exactly the class I mostly use, lightweight with the spas is awesome, charging across a map and wasting half the other team, my kdr has gone to sh1te (1.11 down to 1.06)as i just leg around, but when its this much fun who cares :D

Theres a great route you can take on Overgrown if you spawn near A, run to the bridge, go through the gap, into the riverbed then up the embankment near the house where everone camps in the attic, run along the embankment right beside the fence and you can make it over to the burnt out tank without being seen by the ineviatble sniper by the broken fence at the spetnasz spawn. i got 4 kills doing that the other night about 20 seconds into the match :D

UMP Silenced.
    Spas-12 Extended Mags
    Semtex

Marathon Pro
    Ninja Pro

I'm running a similar class but with

UMP extended mags
    AA12 extended mags

Claymore
    Flash

Scavenger pro
    Lightweight pro
    Commando pro (for the falling damage)

You run around crazy, dropping everyone and planting claymores at doorways. I single handedly spawn trapped the other team with this today on Salvage. Got a nice 20 killstreak.

FFA
    Skidrow
    Magnum + tac knife
    Lightweight pro
    marathon pro
    commando pro:p
    stun grenades
    throwing knife

unbelievable . . with some practise and a good connection becomes very easy to get 9-10 streaks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I got it with the Spas too a few weeks ago! On Rundown, I was running after this lad, lining up a headshot, just as I shoot one of his team mates runs right infront of me. Bang! 2 headshots :D

Had 2 games there with the absolute worst 2 teams EVER. first game I had 3/4/5 as my killstreaks, got them in about a minute, the other team kept camping together in the one spot, got a 5 person kill with the predator. got tubed, got my harrier out of the next care package i got, got me 15 (!) kills, these guys were absolutely USELESS. switched to 7/11/25 for the next game, got knifed 2 kills short of a nuke, bah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Apologies if this video was posted before, but your post reminded me of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jk_z2QlM-w

I think so yeah, thats exactly the class I mostly use, lightweight with the spas is awesome, charging across a map and wasting half the other team, my kdr has gone to sh1te (1.11 down to 1.06)as i just leg around, but when its this much fun who cares :D

Theres a great route you can take on Overgrown if you spawn near A, run to the bridge, go through the gap, into the riverbed then up the embankment near the house where everone camps in the attic, run along the embankment right beside the fence and you can make it over to the burnt out tank without being seen by the ineviatble sniper by the broken fence at the spetnasz spawn. i got 4 kills doing that the other night about 20 seconds into the match :D

I've exactly the same setup for my "leggit" class.. except G18s akimbo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Just a quick thank you to the German Camping Team in karachi for helping me get the "How The?" challenge.

RPD + fmj + shoddy walls + sitrep + german claymore = one angry and dead German! :D:D:D

Really wish I could have seen his face when the claymore he just put down blew him up.

yimrsg wrote: »
    Just a quick thank you to the German Camping Team in karachi for helping me get the "How The?" challenge. RPD + fmj + shoddy walls + sitrep + german claymore = one angry and dead German! :D:D:D

In fairness to him, he clearly put in the effort for you :D

I'm reeeeaaaallllyyyyy itching to Prestige again (2nd time) but I don't wanna lose all the miles I've already gotten for Marathon/Lightweight and all the unlocks for guns :)

See my above post.

Just prestiged again. And now I've just realised as I'm posting this message, I was 10 kills from 1,000 Spas kills. Ugh.

I have 10 kills left for the 250 headshots with the spas, gonna do that later then if i feel like it prestige tonight, am at lvl 59 almost 60 so shouldnt be too hard

We can be prestige buddies :D

All the 955 kills I had with the Spas didn't reset after all :D

All the 955 kills I had with the Spas didn't reset after all :D

they the prestige challenge ones? they stay which is handy, I'm still debating going for the 1000 spas kills in one day I've convinced myself I can do, maybe some quiet weekend day just plow through it all day, managed almost 400 in less than 4 hours the last time. or am I just being crazy :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement