Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I WON MY FIRST FFA! by time default.

I was 29-20 with like 10 seconds left. Wanted to get a nice throwing knife kill, but missed, about to shoot the guy but a guy camping in a house killed me and I didn't win through points. Ah well.

3rd Prestige level 19, first FFA win, new record? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Leeg17 wrote: »

Tell me it was only the second time you played FFA:eek::p

Oh just love the ak47 but why leave unlockable till the 70th level!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I think I'm only gonna prestige once more, for the extra custom class slot. Plus I prefer the 5th prestige emblem :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I WON MY FIRST FFA! by time default.

I was 29-20 with like 10 seconds left. Wanted to get a nice throwing knife kill, but missed, about to shoot the guy but a guy camping in a house killed me and I didn't win through points. Ah well.

Really? this prestige or just in general?

In general, I played maybe 5-7 games with Krudler before but only ever finished top 2/3 at most. First time ever winning it, oh yes :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I love when you dominate a game and get your first NEQ :D

I love when you dominate a game and get your first NEQ :D

NEQ?

I assume he means nuke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

NEQ?
    Kersmash wrote: »
    I assume he means nuke?

dam lysdexia :mad:

• Advertisement

dam lysdexia :mad:

Dnot yuo jsut htae it wehn taht hppaens!

I mean no disrespect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I've been using this class for certain scenarios in demolition recently:

UMP w/red dot or silencer
    USP w/ FMJ (trying to unlock the tac knife)

Tactical insertion
    Smoke grenade

Marathon
    Lightweight
    Ninja

With that class I usually run UAV, CUAV and sentry gun.

So today one of my finest moments in MW2 came when I took the A bomb on Rundown on my own with the above class. Ran all the way around the back of the map, killing two guys in the process. Put my sentry gun in the corner of the bomb site, set up my TI, planted the bomb and held it on my own for the entire countdown! (We had already taken B)

Sentry guns are invaluable on Sabotage and Demolition, I love sticking one at the enemy bombsite :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

krudler wrote: »
    Sentry guns are invaluable on Sabotage and Demolition, I love sticking one at the enemy bombsite :D

Yeah they're brilliant. Once you get a sentry gun with the class above, all you have to do is get to the enemy bomb site and it's basically game over. I did the same thing for the B site on Invasion yesterday but the whole team came to help out on that one!

Yeah they're brilliant. Once you get a sentry gun with the class above, all you have to do is get to the enemy bomb site and it's basically game over. I did the same thing for the B site on Invasion yesterday but the whole team came to help out on that one!

Its worth having a sentry as a killstreak, getting it, dying, getting it again,dying, repeat until you have enough to stick a load of the things around, played a Sabotage game on Terminal a few nights ago and the other team did just that, 2 at the back wall behind their site, 1 and each entrance, we managed to take out 2 of them but the other two were ripping us apart, get 4 and put one at each side of the bombsite facing outwards from it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

18 - 1 on S&D Wasteland. Got my AC-130 and was killed by a claymore after I went into the bunker hunting down 2 guys who were oblivious to me. :D

• Advertisement

Risteard wrote: »
    18 - 1 on S&D Wasteland. Got my AC-130 and was killed by a claymore after I went into the bunker hunting down 2 guys who were oblivious to me. :D

Playing Snd there myself, guy against me is with a riot shield, got a stuck in the round winning kill, but nothing showed up as a challenge? :confused:

He killed me with his lunge just before he blew up ;)

Playing Snd there myself, guy against me is with a riot shield, got a stuck in the round winning kill, but nothing showed up as a challenge? :confused:

He killed me with his lunge just before he blew up ;)

Odd. I presume you mean the stickman challenge. Have you prestiged recently? You mighn't have unlocked it yet.

Odd. I presume you mean the stickman challenge. Have you prestiged recently? You mighn't have unlocked it yet.

Level 32, so I haven't unlocked the challenge yet :mad:
    Only time I've gotten a stuck in the game winning killcam. Does it become completed once I unlock the challenge? I doubt so :o

Level 32, so I haven't unlocked the challenge yet :mad:
    Only time I've gotten a stuck in the game winning killcam. Does it become completed once I unlock the challenge? I doubt so :o

I'm actually not sure about that because sometimes when I unlock challenges it said done and I don't remember completing them since I unlocked them.

Anyway does anyone know what a rapid pad is, I just got called a 'rapid pad noob' and told to 'get gd.'

I'd imagine it's something where if you tap r1 once, it presses it twice for you in the same time you'd press it once normally. Never used or heard of one, take it as a compliment though dude :D

I know some people have things that go over the analogue buttons that make them come out further (Tallon does iirc), that makes them easier to manage, but I don't see how much of an advantage they'd give.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine it's something where if you tap r1 once, it presses it twice for you in the same time you'd press it once normally. Never used or heard of one, take it as a compliment though dude :D

I know some people have things that go over the analogue buttons that make them come out further (Tallon does iirc), that makes them easier to manage, but I don't see how much of an advantage they'd give.

Yeah I just replied in my usual 'Ha' he didn't like that.

Yeah I just replied in my usual 'Ha' he didn't like that.

A "you are so right!" response does it for me usually :D

Kontrol Freeks, I really want one.

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/

Got my Turtle Beach headset today :D

Got my Turtle Beach headset today :D

Do tell if it's any good, might run up to Galway one of the days to get one while I still have money before college.

Do tell if it's any good, might run up to Galway one of the days to get one while I still have money before college.

Liking thm so far, really bassy sound, you can really tell whereabouts footsteps are coming from as opposed to a general direction, and the seperate channels between the earphones and mic sound is cool, so you wont be getting feedback from my tv any more \:D/

Woo! \m/

Maybe I should'a given you e25 towards it, to stop hearing myself all the time. Tell me the truth, do I really sound like that? :(

Woo! \m/

Maybe I should'a given you e25 towards it, to stop hearing myself all the time. Tell me the truth, do I really sound like that? :(

Lol, everyone thinks they sound wierd hearing themselves talk, I hear my own voice all the time at work from recordings so I know how I sound to other people, prob start talking more now i have a decent mic, always wondered how some people sound so clear and others are all garbled, now I know :)

Lol, everyone thinks they sound wierd hearing themselves talk, I hear my own voice all the time at work from recordings so I know how I sound to other people, prob start talking more now i have a decent mic, always wondered how some people sound so clear and others are all garbled, now I know :)

*inaudible garbles*

Kersmash seems to be really clear. Damn Px21's :D

You always were quiet one, except from the odd "camping ****" or "bastard" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Was messing about with javelins in underpass, discovering new areas where you can kill yourself. I managed to kill myself and and an enemy after it left the launcher, shot forward about 3 metres into the unfortunate enemy who turned the corner only to have the missile strike his torso and detonate immediately killing him and me instantly.

I didn't care I killed myself just had a vision of him looking at the killcam and cursing his rotten luck to walk into a javelin missile fired from a crouching idiot. :D:D:D

• Advertisement

*inaudible garbles*

Kersmash seems to be really clear. Damn Px21's :D

You always were quiet one, except from the odd "camping ****" or "bastard" :D

Ha yeah I tend to keep quiet most of the time, unless I'm riling up boosters :D

Threw on a few blu-rays to see what the px21's sounded like with movies, theres a bit of background hiss on quieter scenes, plugged a volume control into them to see if it'd lessen it but nope, minor annoyance but the bass and sound clarity make up for it :) chucked on T2 on blu sounds fantastic with them.

18 kills from the chopper gunner alone on trailer park. Doubles and triples left right and centre, get first multikill in a long time. Pity it was from a care pack or else the nuke woulda been mine :P

Oh my god. Was playing Ground war with Krudler and Magill. Spawned up by the trucks, ran right up the small steps.

Boom, double headshot.
    Boom double kill.
    Boom double kill.
    Boom final kill.

All within literally 5 seconds, as fast as I could do the bolt action animation it happened.

Closest thing to Sandy Ravage I'll ever be :D

Oh my god. Was playing Ground war with Krudler and Magill. Spawned up by the trucks, ran right up the small steps.

Boom, double headshot.
    Boom double kill.
    Boom double kill.
    Boom final kill.

All within literally 5 seconds, as fast as I could do the bolt action animation it happened.

Closest thing to Sandy Ravage I'll ever be :D

Which map was this? Skidrow?

Which map was this? Skidrow?

Yea about half way through, was like OMG when I was playing. FvCK, really wish I was recording that.

Yea about half way through, was like OMG when I was playing. FvCK, really wish I was recording that.

Yeah I saw your triple kill pop up, was that when the ac-130 was doing its thing?

2 boosters on that domination game on Estate there, the one on our team was telling me to go away and mind my own business, so I followed him around for the rest of the match :D

Yeah I saw your triple kill pop up, was that when the ac-130 was doing its thing?

2 boosters on that domination game on Estate there, the one on our team was telling me to go away and mind my own business, so I followed him around for the rest of the match :D

Didn't have AC now, the enemy had AC just as I got stealth bomber from a CP and let rip around the trucks.

Haha, everyone was saying "oh I'm lagging", "it's goin' so slow", then someone said "Spas is hosting". No wonder :rolleyes: Logged and tried to re-log but it was full.

We'll inv ya to party when you're on again, playing a bitta Team Tac now.

Absolutlely destroying in S&D tonight with friends. I went 11 - 1! I was delighted :D

• Advertisement

Just won a few FFAs in a row with scores like 30-7/6 and I got a nice message from a guy I was playing against. Made me feel good :)

An actual nice message or abuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Played one of the fastest games of Demolition there, literally 6-8 mins in total!

Just Prestiged for the last time. Level 10. :)

An actual nice message or abuse?

An actual nice message complimenting my play style! I was rather shocked. First time that's ever happened :)

Just Prestiged for the last time. Level 10. :)

Are you on ps or xbox? YOU BIG HACKER :D

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    An actual nice message complimenting my play style! I was rather shocked. First time that's ever happened :)

Cool, its good when that happens, I've friended a few people I've played against as they were decent and we had a nice little rivalry going on rather then usual "fag nooooobb" messages you get when you outplay someone

Are you on ps or xbox? YOU BIG HACKER :D

PS of course.

I am loving S&D these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭raheny red

Jev/N wrote: »
    Played one of the fastest games of Demolition there, literally 6-8 mins in total!

I've had faster!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

I jumped online last night for a little while, and had a reasonable warmup TDM game using the Barrett in a game I was thrown into midway. Something like 10-5. Lobby seemed weak enough and I hadn't seen anyone shoot down AirSupport, so I swapped my killstreaks from 3-4-5 to 5-7-9. Next map up was Rust. I groaned because I normally don't like this. Plus I'm early in my prestige so don't have a lot of the stuff unlocked yet.

Anyway, I figured I'd run the First Recon class to see if I get a few Magnum kills since I'd only recently unlocked it. Game starts, and we spawn shack side rather than Oil Truck side. I move towards the oilrig corner and get a 2 assists (:mad: ) straightaway with the UMP as they rush around the refinery corner . First kill and another assist followed from guys who had spawned in the oilrig map corner. I went into the "tunnel" under refinery then to reload. Moved around that middle section for a little, and got another assist from a guy spawning oil tanks side. Back under the tunnel to our original spawn side, and got a double kill from guys running out from the oilrig spawn corner together. Go back under the tunnel to see if anyone is out on their original spawn but can't see anyone. As I'm going back towards the tunnel, I see a guy in there and hipfire with the ump for the kill. Lots of tomato juice on my screen, so it was a close run thing. At this point, the game is about 30 seconds old, and I'm one kill away from my first killstreak. I go out in the open a bit, towards their spawn point, and see some red dots around the corner underneath the Pipe walk. I take a gamble and trust my speed with M & L and rush around the corner. I see a sniper looking my way, so weave around like a mad man and the sniper fails with his no scope and I knife him for the Pred. I run over to the Oil Rig corner and jump up on the low roof there. Launch my Pred, double kill. Launch my harrier and get a triple straight away. (Had to jump off the roof for a second as I saw the harrier bomb run was coming my way!). So I jump back up and call in the Pavelow.

Anyway, I was 12-0 at this stage and the Pavelow was starting to do serious work, soI thought I'd stay put to see how much work the air support would do on it's own before I got down from my hiding spot again. It never happened, as they didn't shoot down either. I finished 26-0 and the game lasted all of 2 minutes. Only problem was that because I was so early in my prestige levels (25), I didn't have any of the Challenges unlocked that I'd have completed. :(

Star Player - Finish a game of any type with a 5:1 kill/death ratio 4500 XP
    Crab Meat - Kill 10 enemies with a single killstreak 7500 XP
    The Bigger They Are - Kill the top player 3 times in a row 2500 XP
    Flawless - Play an entire match without dying 2000XP
    Fearless - Kill 10 enemies in a single match without dying 2000XP
    and possibly..
    The Harder They Fall - Kill the top player 5 times in a row 5000 XP

That's a possible 23,500 XP in one game from challenges!! Oh well. Still a sweet score and I'd a smile on my face for a while. But it really shows two things. Rust is so small that the winner is whoever gets air support up first. And the age old question of shooting down airsupport. Getting 19 kills from Harriers and Pavelow is nuts. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement