Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭oglaigh

Just have to aim a tad lower and let the natural recoil do it's thing cause it's a head shot magnet.

Yeah loving the amount of headshots!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

everlast75 wrote: »
    No problem with that (I love "onlyusemeblade" vids).. unless you were using Commando Pro!

Eh Marathon, Lightweight and Commando Pro........ sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Eh Marathon, Lightweight and Commando Pro........ sorry!

Shun! shun the mlc'er, shunnnnn!

krudler wrote: »
    Shun! shun the mlc'er, shunnnnn!

Aww don't go too hard on me, I've only used it briefly since unlocking the tactical knife. After that it'll be back to the RPD for most maps or the P90 for the smaller ones. The knife is just for fun seeing as I've only just unlocked it for the first time.

YAAAAAYYY!!!! finally got the entire first page of callsigns unlocked, just went 36-6 on a TDM and got a double and triple kill with the harrier bomb run, woot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Had to go and download and re-watch Monday's Inbetweeners. God I love this show :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

My team was winning 2-1 in S&D and i only had a score of 1-1-1. But by the time we won with a 4-1 score, I was on 11-1-1. 5 people per round lol, with the final round having me as last alive vs. 5 of them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Im getting ALOT better with the intervention these days, used it almost all nite playing SnD, got a few really sweet killcams (Gonna make a wee movie from all tonites games as it was a proper good session).

I just got 14 kills from the same 2 guys trying to get into the rock on Fuel, i love stupid people on this game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭oglaigh

I love booster hunting!!!
    Joined a FFA game halfway through - two french guys chatting loudly, one 21-0 the othe 0-21. Got killed trying to find them initially but then found them hiding and killed them when one guy was 23-0. Cue loads of shouting and abuse, I assume he was going for a nuke. So much fun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Aww don't go too hard on me, I've only used it briefly since unlocking the tactical knife. After that it'll be back to the RPD for most maps or the P90 for the smaller ones. The knife is just for fun seeing as I've only just unlocked it for the first time.

In fairness, Estate is a tough map to run the knife class, even if you've commando on. You've got to be pretty cagey in your routes, as the sight lines are quite long normally.

I threw it on in one games last night in Vacant. Now that is a map where you can abuse the perk. I was host too. They didn't have a chance. :D

To be honest, I only did it for two reasons. I was in a seriously bad mood yesterday, and I figured it would be a good way to cheer myself up. Plus I wanted to try to get the 10,000 xp for the commando challenge. I'm on level 54 so obviously don't use Commando much. :)

As an other lollipop story. I am loving the Akimbo magnums. They are my favourite sniper secondary. You snap them out so much faster than the spas, if someone sneaks up on you while you've the barrett in your hand, you'll flip to the magnums quicker than they can even start shooting most of the time. I had one sniper guy sneak up on me in Rundown. There we were with our camo and sniper guns in hand. He tried to no scope me 3 times, I popped out the magnums and destroyed him. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

played a few games earlier after a few months away from multiplayer expected to play like **** but came out top in points in domination for most games

I love owning arrogant clans, was in a TDM, all of the enemy team were the same clan tag, me and some randoms, they were saying they'd let us get a few easy kills to "give us a chance" in the lobby, fcuk that I says. Match starts on Favela, goes about 30 seconds with nobody killed, I spot on guy diving into the storm ditch thingy at the 141 spawn, lob in a semtex, killed every one of them :eek: couldnt believe it,they were ALL in there, cue predator, another multkill, harrier, chopper. We're 2000-300 up at this stage and they never recovered :D next game they were all talking sh1t about how they let us win, dominated them again with 3/4/5 streaks, got what must have been my luckiest run of care packages ever, pavelow, harrier, ac-130 in a row :D they were NOT happy in the lobby after lol

I love owning arrogant clans, was in a TDM, all of the enemy team were the same clan tag, me and some randoms, they were saying they'd let us get a few easy kills to "give us a chance" in the lobby, fcuk that I says. Match starts on Favela, goes about 30 seconds with nobody killed, I spot on guy diving into the storm ditch thingy at the 141 spawn, lob in a semtex, killed every one of them :eek: couldnt believe it,they were ALL in there, cue predator, another multkill, harrier, chopper. We're 2000-300 up at this stage and they never recovered :D next game they were all talking sh1t about how they let us win, dominated them again with 3/4/5 streaks, got what must have been my luckiest run of care packages ever, pavelow, harrier, ac-130 in a row :D they were NOT happy in the lobby after lol

I love games like that when everything goes to plan :)
    Can't beat an AC and a Chopper in 2 care packs (of 2) in Salvage before. Got something like a 40kill total that game.

shawpower wrote: »
    In fairness, Estate is a tough map to run the knife class, even if you've commando on. You've got to be pretty cagey in your routes, as the sight lines are quite long normally.

And the knife is gone as I Prestiged again. Now I'm on a Sentry Gun buzz.

Raspberries to you krudler! :P

• Advertisement

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I love games like that when everything goes to plan :)
    Can't beat an AC and a Chopper in 2 care packs (of 2) in Salvage before. Got something like a 40kill total that game.

Was on a ground war earlier today and the enemy team had whatever the most amount of air support up is, i think it was two harriers and a pavelow , as well as a uav and counter uav, I get a care package, emp, down it all comes :D

got my first triple kill headshot with a sniper rifle earlier on Highrise, start of the match, ran from the ranger spawn, boom, the accolades were coming up for ages as it put me ver the xp for a new level, got my 200 one shot one kills hit, unlocked something for the barrett, first blood, and 3 one shot one kills, was an epic way to start a match :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

A video would make it even better........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Was on a ground war earlier today and the enemy team had whatever the most amount of air support up is, i think it was two harriers and a pavelow , as well as a uav and counter uav, I get a care package, emp, down it all comes :D

got my first triple kill headshot with a sniper rifle earlier on Highrise, start of the match, ran from the ranger spawn, boom, the accolades were coming up for ages as it put me ver the xp for a new level, got my 200 one shot one kills hit, unlocked something for the barrett, first blood, and 3 one shot one kills, was an epic way to start a match :D

Why anyone but brave snipers run that route forward on Highrise is beyond me, surely most people have twigged it by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Most I've got is a double headshot. Was playing Sub Base and down near A on Domination, was ducking into the left behind the big red container when I spotted a guy ducking in behind the crates at the far end. Started strafing left to get into cover while looking down the scope, he poppep up jsut as someone ranin right behind him.

Was delighted with myself.

Cossax wrote: »
    Why anyone but brave snipers run that route forward on Highrise is beyond me, surely most people have twigged it by now?

For the same reason people run down the long hill on Crash, stand by the windows on the big building on Derail, run down the corridors of Vacant and tear across Wasteland without using cover, most CoD players are very, very stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

For the same reason people run down the long hill on Crash, stand by the windows on the big building on Derail, run down the corridors of Vacant and tear across Wasteland without using cover, most CoD players are very, very stupid.

chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg

Myself and Mr. Norris concur with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Stupid is as stupid does.
    That camper may have killed me 5 times in a row now, but he doesn't expect me to come back a 6th ti.... BANG!
    That camper may have killed me 6 times in a row now, but he doesn't expect me to come back a 7th ti.... BANG!

If there were no stupid players online I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't be getting huge scores. I was playing in a party last night in and one of my teammates outside the party got angry with us because we were killing the enemies too much. :rolleyes:

Most people know by now how to get an easy and fast few kills at the start of most games.
    Lob a semtex past the B bomsite in SnD on SubBase (down by the walkway to the left) from the spawn over to the side with the A flag on Dom (I'm terrible describing things! :o), for a double kill usually.

There's a deadly spot in Vacant I know. If you spawn outside by the empty freight containers, run into the south west one, and when standing go into the top right corner. You face directly into the open window/door that people *constantly* run through.

Most people know by now how to get an easy and fast few kills at the start of most games.
    Lob a semtex past the B bomsite in SnD on SubBase (down by the walkway to the left) from the spawn over to the side with the A flag on Dom (I'm terrible describing things! :o), for a double kill usually.

There's a deadly spot in Vacant I know. If you spawn outside by the empty freight containers, run into the south west one, and when standing go into the top right corner. You face directly into the open window/door that people *constantly* run through.

That the one directly beside the A flag? you can see all the way through the warehouse area.

Same on Salvage, nearly every gamer I get a semtex kill by lobbing one over the hanging piece of junk in the middle of the map, works better if you spawn at A rather than behind the house for some reason.

And on Overgrown, quite when people run across the bridge at the beginning is beyond me, either one is a shooting gallery at the start of every match.

The list goes on, that why I always stick claymores (rare I use em these days) in the most unlikely places, nobody expects them there :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

There are numerous grenade spots in COD4 which I loved. Used them religiously especially in comp games with my old clan. Watched vids on pretty much every map trying to learn every spot at one point :o

Here's one from COD4 on Strike and Vacant, I'm sure it can be implemented on MW2 despite the blast radius being a bit smaller -

Use these on me and I will commando you with a rusty spoon :mad:

:P

That the one directly beside the A flag? you can see all the way through the warehouse area.

Same on Salvage, nearly every gamer I get a semtex kill by lobbing one over the hanging piece of junk in the middle of the map, works better if you spawn at A rather than behind the house for some reason.

And on Overgrown, quite when people run across the bridge at the beginning is beyond me, either one is a shooting gallery at the start of every match.

The list goes on, that why I always stick claymores (rare I use em these days) in the most unlikely places, nobody expects them there :D

I remember playing against Ade in Trailer Park, every time I turned the corner, BOOM! Might aswell have been boosting off of me he got that many kills haha.

I meant for Sub Base if you spawn on the side where you can climb the ladders overlooking the open court, run along the left walkway outside (where B would be on your right in SnD) and lob a semtex so it lands just on the corner. People usually run that way in SnD so it's a few easy kills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Went down through my messages last night and saw the amount of them that were along the lines of "Don't think you're good, you're using a f**king <insert random gun here>, NOOB!!!!"

Was funny though because each message had a different gun mentioned lol, I'm thinking maybe I'm only supposed to use a throwing knife but they would probably complain about that as well :P

Joneser wrote: »
    Went down through my messages last night and saw the amount of them that were along the lines of "Don't think you're good, you're using a f**king <insert random gun here>, NOOB!!!!"

Was funny though because each message had a different gun mentioned lol, I'm thinking maybe I'm only supposed to use a throwing knife but they would probably complain about that as well :P

People will complain about anything on MW2, when in Rome i say, if the game is full of tubers then join in, makes it more fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Steeeeeeo!

Have to agree with Krudler, but we're all guilty of it.

i complain regular about grenade launchers, quick scopers and camper (also Automatic shotgus... i've almost 2500 spas kills from skill, not firing randomly in to a room and hoping for the best :mad:) but i still turn the game on most evenings for around and hour at least (usually about 4! :D).

its hours of fun and banter and i recommend anyone that hasnt already to get a few mates together and play Team Tactical. lots of fun working together and noob-slaying!

enjoy!

Its the perils of playing with randomers, having to adapt to the way everyone else is playing, theres no point trying to play defensively when there danger close tubes sailing in on your position for the whole game, so start firing them back :pac: I miss playing a good long game of Sabo with boardsies, randomers either dont want to go for the plan until the last minute, or everyone camps around the bomb, its infuriating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Its the perils of playing with randomers, having to adapt to the way everyone else is playing, theres no point trying to play defensively when there danger close tubes sailing in on your position for the whole game, so start firing them back :pac: I miss playing a good long game of Sabo with boardsies, randomers either dont want to go for the plan until the last minute, or everyone camps around the bomb, its infuriating.

i just usually do my own thing anyway not really bothered for plans i mostly play tdm though so not a whole lot of call for daring tactics

lol, revenge how sweet thou are :D playing TDM on Scrapyard, me and an enemy threw down care packages near each other without realising, mine was down first so he got the drop on me and killed me, i spawned not too far away so lobbed a semtex, killed him just after his care package fell, he had already taken mine though, it was a a counter UAV, but I got his, AC-130 :D oh the abuse in the lobby afterwards lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Joneser wrote: »

Nope, you're meant to fire underpants at them.

But yeah, people will complain about anything that kills them. Literally. I had a guy give out yards about dying from fall damage. Basically "SCREW YOU LAWS OF GRAVITY!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

it was a a counter UAV, but I got his, AC-130 :D l
    Class:D

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Class:D

I sent him a message saying "thanks for the swap" lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've seen some of your videos Krudler. You're good enough without krap like this happening :).

Everynow and then I start using a weapon I never really used much and have awesome fun with them. This week it's the Rangers. Omg they're impossible to use without laughing manically. They don't seem to need any perks not stopping power or steady aim reliant.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've seen some of your videos Krudler. You're good enough without krap like this happening :).

What videos? :eek:

Playing vacant last night, TDM with randomers and I was host. Got 3 stucks in 1 life with scavenger, and 2 care packs, ac and chopper lol! Not a bad first game in 3 weeks.

[QUOTE=Leeg17;68170043]What videos? :eek:

Playing vacant last night, TDM with randomers and I was host. Got 3 stucks in 1 life with scavenger, and 2 care packs, ac and chopper lol! Not a bad first game in 3 weeks.[/QUOTE]

lol I'd love to know myself :pac:

I havent uploaded any videos, I will once BO comes out but i cant be arsed buying a pvr an pointing my camcorder at my tv just isnt the same

lol I'd love to know myself :pac:

I havent uploaded any videos, I will once BO comes out but i cant be arsed buying a pvr an pointing my camcorder at my tv just isnt the same

Exactly same as me.

Got my first last stand kill ever there! :pac:

• Advertisement

Exactly same as me.

Got my first last stand kill ever there! :pac:

the perk or the deathstreak? i got a 5 kill streak in final stand once, was awesome :D granted it was on Rust and i was in the enemy spawn but still :pac:

the perk or the deathstreak? i got a 5 kill streak in final stand once, was awesome :D granted it was on Rust and i was in the enemy spawn but still :pac:

haha nice. Eh, the perk. Was in terminal, guy hid in corner waiting for CP, I got into last stand killed him, but it wouldn't let me take his box.
    "Hold [] to take the coward's way out" :(

haha nice. Eh, the perk. Was in terminal, guy hid in corner waiting for CP, I got into last stand killed him, but it wouldn't let me take his box."Hold [] to take the coward's way out" :(

No means no man :pac:

Prestige number 6 tonight, was pissed off at first cos I got slaughtered the first game, then I wound up in a lobby of utterly hopeless noobs, went 27-4 on the default grenadier class, and went from lvl 1 to 11 in just over an hour of playing, its really easy doing the basic challenges, die from falling, fall and survive, blow up a car etc, did a pile of them in one match and flew through the ranks.

Playing with a bunch of randomers, 3 of my teamates had the same clan tag, playing against 5 people with same clan tag.

Join the game about 4 minutes in.

Guy A : Awww fvck!
    Guy B : Whats up
    A : fvckin' cnut killed me
    B : who
    A : Yer man with the car for a name
    B : what one
    A : Volvo somethin, stupid pr1ck named himself after a shít car, twat didn't pick lamborghini or ferrari
    B : exactly mick *in obvious mayo / cork / dublin mix of accents*

Ah , randomers <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Just went 49-7 on domination in rundown, two predators, two harriers and two AC130s. Hurrah.

• Advertisement

I've decided to set myself a few little challenges to break the boredom of grinding back through another prestige,heres what I've come up with so far:

1. killstreaks are being unlocked in order instead of going for the big ones first, I've been running 3/4/5 for a good while now and noticed I'm playing a lot better not worrying about getting my precious ac-130. so now I have the 3 basic you get anyway and counter UAV, sentry gun is next.

2. Every time I unlock a new weapon, I have to get at least 10 kills with it and unlock its next attachment before I can go back to using my favourite classes, I have a class set aside just for this.

3. Same with perks, I apologise in advance for any boardsies I'm playing against when I get Danger Close :D

4. I have to unlock the Pro versions of all perks before my next prestige, fcuk you Sitrep!

anyone got any other suggestions?

Had one of the funnest games in a long time there. TDM Salvage, joined 4 minutes in, heard chopper in the air, put on air support.

Boom, shot down chopper. 2 seconds later, boom, shot down attack heli. Got up to pred used and got a double.Ran out of ammo for Tar, and only had stinger. Kept strafing between cars and stuff and knifed a few people. Died and got pred again.

Game winning killcam was the best. Ran up beside B, saw two guys up in the car crusher / camping spot. Jumped and got 1 headshot, jumped and got another headshot (both were up top, I was on ground). Climbed up and got a 180 (saw a guy on the ground and turned to hit him, wasn't trying) headshot. 3 headshots in 1 killcam. Even better I had the Silver Skulls Spas title, and OMA emblem with the "gunz" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

sierra likes dodgeball :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

The barret 50.cal with ACOG scope is so much fun.

Kersmash wrote: »
    The barret 50.cal with ACOG scope is so much fun.

I'm sh1te with it, but I prefer the ACOG on the Intervention, go figure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement