Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I got footage for my ACR Preparing for MW3 episode (which is out tomorrow) so now im onto the SPAS :D

We can only dream..

I was 1-2 kills off a nook in that game I posted above, dunno how many cos I had a few kills racked up before my chopper game in and my harrier was still doing the rounds as well, bah hate when that happens, first time i'd gone for one in ages too I usually run 3-4-5 these days

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    here were my deaths today

• 23 kills = knifed
    • 24 kills = Painkiller sniper with shotty
    • 21 kills = noobtubed by level 12
    • 21 kills = Ran out of ammo for ACR then shot around corner by lag
    • 19 kills = knifed in mid chopper = rage quit
    I raged about 32 times today.

were you keeping track? or just recorded everything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Barrett!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

G18's the week after :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Shouldn't be allowed use Steady Aim/Akimbo. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Scar H?

I love the G18

Might bring back the pick-a-class series :p

Played a Domination game last night that could be one of my favourite matches ever, I didnt die by a single noobtube, not one, was playing against few clan members and the guys on my team were all fairly high prestiges with mics (rare on ps3 outside a party). Afghan, running mid killstreaks, package, pred,harrier. and no air support lasted more than a few seconds, I had 2 harriers shot down before they fired a shot and one of the other team got an ac-130 that me and another guy on the team took out in seconds.
    The team was actually working together and it was back and forth the whole game literally 2-3 seconds capture time of difference in the match as the points where constantly changing hands, ended with us winning 200-199, right down to the wire, fantastic match. and no bullsh1t in the lobby afterwards either I even got a couple of friend requests out of it.

why cant ALL games be like that? really shows its not the game, its the asshole community that have turned COD into what it is.

Decided to start unlocking extended mags on guns, got the RPD done last night, was much easier than I thought doing it on ground wars on maps like Scrapyard and Highrise, extended mags on that thing, 300 rounds in the clip :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Ran the Famas with hardline, SOH, steady aim. 3-4-5. Crazy scores. I normally don't get past five kills so that suited me. Care packages were rewarding; stealth bomber, chopper gunner, UAVs, predators. Won all the TDM games I was in and placed in a few FFAs. A good session put in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

krudler wrote: »
    Played a Domination game last night that could be one of my favourite matches ever, I didnt die by a single noobtube, not one, was playing against few clan members and the guys on my team were all fairly high prestiges with mics (rare on ps3 outside a party). Afghan, running mid killstreaks, package, pred,harrier. and no air support lasted more than a few seconds, I had 2 harriers shot down before they fired a shot and one of the other team got an ac-130 that me and another guy on the team took out in seconds.
    The team was actually working together and it was back and forth the whole game literally 2-3 seconds capture time of difference in the match as the points where constantly changing hands, ended with us winning 200-199, right down to the wire, fantastic match. and no bullsh1t in the lobby afterwards either I even got a couple of friend requests out of it.

why cant ALL games be like that? really shows its not the game, its the asshole community that have turned COD into what it is.

Wow, sounds like a dream game right there. Its just such a good feeling when there is no arse'in about going on. Its happen on rare nights and I will hands down say its one of the very best gaming experiences to be had. I swear, developing a COD game needs to be handled like kitting out a classroom for a bunch of special needs kids where you have to think of every single possible way an item could be used and f**d with in order to decide to keep or get rid of it and by god if you miss one thing that could possible be abused your in for a **** storm!
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So the guys I play BLOPS with finally relented and played MW2 with me, this weekend. S&D Vacant Danger Close. Noob tube down the hall for first blood, switch to RPG ....triple kill (I'm such a cnut).
    A yank on the other team starts begging literally begging for me to stop. As he was nice about it I do. Next killcam is me shredding two guys with the silenced tar. Switch to akimbo MP5Ks with steady aim and the mayhem really begins :cool:
    Played an hour or two and must have used every gun/set up there is. God I miss it.... Blops is so shyte in comparison. So happy running round the old maps.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Wow, sounds like a dream game right there. Its just such a good feeling when there is no arse'in about going on. Its happen on rare nights and I will hands down say its one of the very best gaming experiences to be had. I swear, developing a COD game needs to be handled like kitting out a classroom for a bunch of special needs kids where you have to think of every single possible way an item could be used and f**d with in order to decide to keep or get rid of it and by god if you miss one thing that could possible be abused your in for a **** storm!
    :)

Thats the thing, everything that abused horribly in MW2 does have a purpose, danger close for taking down air support faster, but its used by dicks for getting streaks. commando for no falling damage (which is dead handy in a pinch if you have leap off a building or something) but its used by m/l/c'ing cockbags with tactical knives. So anything that can be abused (which it will) should be nerfed or removed.

a lot, a LOT of people who play COD are dicks, lets be honest here, its a mostly horrible community who dont understand the concept of team playing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Thats the thing, everything that abused horribly in MW2 does have a purpose, danger close for taking down air support faster, but its used by dicks for getting streaks. commando for no falling damage (which is dead handy in a pinch if you have leap off a building or something) but its used by m/l/c'ing cockbags with tactical knives. So anything that can be abused (which it will) should be nerfed or removed.

a lot, a LOT of people who play COD are dicks, lets be honest here, its a mostly horrible community who dont understand the concept of team playing at all.

I played mw2 for the first time in ages after mostly playing battlefield bad company 2 and I was surprised at how easy it can be in a full party. I was never any good at mw2 but the first game back I went 33-2, yeah I was sound whoring with sit rep, scar with fmj and at4 but I was loving it. You occasionally get games that restores your faith in a game and you realise why you put so many hours into it. Then you could encounter in the very same lobby someone using oma/dc/noobtube and you're swear jar overflows.

On the last point about the COD community being bad there are d*ckheads in all online games. Only yesterday in bad company I saw a "teammate" c4 up a house with an enemy objective inside that they needed to destroy. He blew it up for them. Other times you get guys who just sit in tanks/choppers/vehicles and do nothing with them so you're left attacking the other team without a powerful vehicle or transport. Fair enough if he's a crappy or a new pilot and gets shot down or crashes but to sit there is just infuriating. Then there are guys who "snipe" from about 2 miles away from the action or objective and contribute zero to a team. I lost the rag with them, for the guys in the chopper on a break I rammed them repeatedly with a humvee pushing it into the water and destroying it so it would at least respawn and the "sniper" I spammed smoke grenades on him and blocked his view till he moved up.

so played a load of this over the weekend - is it just me or has mw2 become a much nicer place now most of the tossers have moved on? Got a ton of friend requests and almost no hate mail:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'm still getting hate mail, but that's a good sign ey? ;)

Definitely a lot less noobtubing, and a ton less witching, I even saw a few randomers cap flags and defuse bombs :eek:

Enjoying it so much at the moment.

Mini Uzi is all kinds of beastly.

I'm ashamed to say this, but I never knew you could hold R1 and the AA12 would shoot constantly, full auto = no pump action in my eyes.

I'm Lee, and it took me almost 1.5 years to realise this.

Oh dear...

Did you ever not hold it down in panic? Or just check the fire rate? Or see other gamers have shells spew out their guns? :D

• Advertisement

Oh dear...

Did you ever not hold it down in panic? Or just check the fire rate? Or see other gamers have shells spew out their guns? :D

I always used to tap fire it :o Beasting tonight with it though :D

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to say this, but I never knew you could hold R1 and the AA12 would shoot constantly, full auto = no pump action in my eyes.

Ahhh dude!
    I just left a lobby of noobs there and they were the kind to run EVERYWHERE in groups of 2 or 3..... full auto aa12 hail , the sound of hit markers was deafening! Scavenger is a must along with extended mags. 12 rounds downrange in about 3 seconds... sweet baby jesus:eek:

Stick with the fmj challenge and unlock the extended mags probably shouldnt have even be left in the final build tbh

Stick with the fmj challenge and unlock the extended mags probably shouldnt have even be left in the final build tbh

They're shotguns so it's 400 kills, have about 250ish atm started off with 0 earlier this evening hehe.

That's so funny
    What did you think was happening when someone was pasting you to a wall with it?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

AK47 + FMJs + Hardline Pro, playing Demo on Rust > idiot kids

COME AT ME BRO.

So does that mean the AA12 has extra scavenger rounds, the standard clip and extended mags? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Forget the grip, extended mags is where it's at. If you start at mid chest level the worst you'll end up doing with the recoil is getting headshots.

Cossax wrote: »
    Forget the grip, extended mags is where it's at. If you start at mid chest level the worst you'll end up doing with the recoil is getting headshots.

Totally agree, compensate for the recoil and you have 16 12gauge rounds capable of killing a group of 5 or so folks in a few seconds (on consideration they are relatively close). The ability to do that level of damage more than makes up for having to adjust for recoil. Grip makes it uber controllable but thats not what the aa12 is about - its about sheer rounds down range in cqc.

Its on all my classes. To me shotguns are for room clearance nothing else and when you have got to absolutely clear a room - no other shotgun is as good , but dont take my word for it, here is our regional head of sales Mr.Terry Crews to demonstrate....

heres our favoute professional Russian to explain the AA-12 more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

love that guy!! brilliant!!

can you imagine if in MW3.. dual wield AA-12!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Totally agree, compensate for the recoil and you have 16 12gauge rounds capable of killing a group of 5 or so folks in a few seconds (on consideration they are relatively close). The ability to do that level of damage more than makes up for having to adjust for recoil. Grip makes it uber controllable but thats not what the aa12 is about - its about sheer rounds down range in cqc.

Its on all my classes. To me shotguns are for room clearance nothing else and when you have got to absolutely clear a room - no other shotgun is as good , but dont take my word for it, here is our regional head of sales Mr.Terry Crews to demonstrate....

Got a multikill with it on GW last week - walked down the alley on Skidrow by C Dom and it was utter carnage.

I sir, am in your debt... had never seen this guy before and is niw the very first chaannel i have ever subscribed to on youtube!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"you can poke him with the end and fúck his shít up" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Played about 10 games of MW2 last night - first few were f'ing abysmal - everything went wrong.. random grenades thrown half way over the map landed beside me, got taken out 2 or three times by air support, I changed to my anti-air class, just as I'm locking on, someone else takes it down, spawned in front of enemies.. the lot.

Then....

had some class games... and on TDM on Afghan, got an achievement I never had gotten before on all the prestiges...

"owned" and the "jugs" emblem for smacking the head off a bloke with a riot sheild in the final kill cam...

^ I got that one in an s&D on Storm right after taking out another guy with akimbo USPs. Walked round like a boss for about a week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I was like 8 or 10 kills in the lead in an FFA, with one to go, so I made a point of messing by chasing people around with the shield to get that emblem and title. I love that people still can't deal with shields.

I sir, am in your debt... had never seen this guy before and is niw the very first chaannel i have ever subscribed to on youtube!

haha, FPS Russia is great, I'd love to have access to all those guns and just dick around with them like he does, watched loads of his vids in one sitting when I first saw his stuff

hypermuse wrote: »
    love that guy!! brilliant!!

can you imagine if in MW3.. dual wield AA-12!! :eek::eek::eek:

sshhhh, dont give em ideas! as much fun as that would be itd be way overpowered , sure you wouldnt have to use any other secondary with two of those things in your hands. If you get Bling Pro on MW2 you can have akimbo g18s with extended mags, stick stopping power on them and you'll annihilate people , got a load of triples running into a room and spraying like a lunatic, if you could do that with the AA12 itd be way too powerful

JoePie wrote: »
    I was like 8 or 10 kills in the lead in an FFA, with one to go, so I made a point of messing by chasing people around with the shield to get that emblem and title. I love that people still can't deal with shields.

Its mad really that people have been playing the game for over a year and still freak out, semtex on shield, boom, problem solved. or dropshot and go for the ankles.

if you want a great laugh dicking around put on the shield and akimbo 1887s and run around looking upwards, you look fcuking hilarious on the other persons pov. or turn your sensitivity to 10 and crouch and spin around, you spin so fast if someone is firing at you the shield usually deflects it, one of the lads got a gamewinning killcam on S&D as I was doing it and two snipers were standing right in front of me trying to quickscope me, fun times :D

if you want a great laugh dicking around put on the shield and akimbo 1887s and run around looking upwards, you look fcuking hilarious on the other persons pov.

You did this yesterday in Scrapyard, then I stuck them on and did it to Cody :pac:

We'll have to do some SnD later, find where the last guy is and have one of us run across the screen doing it while another gets the last kill. I will record :P

• Advertisement

one of the best games of Demo i've ever been in there, got a double ac-130 in the first round, and another 2 later on, went down to the last round, got the defuse with less than a second left on the clock and then had 10 secs left on the game clock to defend it like a bastard, what a game :D its matches like that which make up for all the noobtubing commando bullsh1t, kells you shouldnt have left you missed an awesome match :)

m6has.jpg

how much is a pvr?

You can get it cheaper from the official site fwir.

Krudler, how'd you end up 2nd with 4 ac-130's :pac:

You can get it cheaper from the official site fwir.

Krudler, how'd you end up 2nd with 4 ac-130's :pac:

I never said my ac-130s lasted long :pac: they got shot down pretty quick. the other dude with the 111 score was beasting around in their spawn, was on Sub Base and he had a TI on the long pier were the SEAL team spawns, we kept bombarding their spawn with smoke trying to keep them busy he got a few chopper gunners as well, a bunch of mulitkills too, its not like the other team were crap either they were constantly pushing us on the defense in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, love those games.

you were right when you said pub stomping is boring, it is after a while, fun sure to get massive scores but close games against good teams are way more fun overall when you're left feeling like you played well and not just ran over a bunch of noobs.

the game I had after that one though, ugh, playing with all non prestige players, most of them probably hadnt a clue how to play demo, there was me with blast shields and tac insertions on various classes and two clowns were running around witching with tac knives and just feeding the other team kill, dumbasses, hate that sh1t if you're gonna just run around and do fcuk all to help the team them play TDM and you can witch away all you want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Was beasting earleir on in 2 games

45-6 on Estate. Joined semi late and was at the brick wall looking into B. 5-7-11 on (Pred, Harrier, Ass Clapper :pac:)

Pred got me nothing, but I got the harriers as they were all muppets 360'ing off the white steps.

Airstrike got me 2 and the harrier buzzed 3

I got 2 Triple kills and 1 double kill and a few spares
    Next game was Dom on scrapyard
    Again my pred got me nothing! I still managed to get the harriers. I was in the bit of the plane beside C flag. My harriers got 3 before being shot down and I got the extra.

My Ass Clapper didn't last long so only got 8 kills with it. 2 Double 1 triple and a single.

I think I finished 37-9 IIRC.

I used Silenced ACR with dual rafficas and claymores on Estate. Scavenger Pro, SP Pro and Ninja Pro

I used Scar-H Silenced on Srapyard with dual rafficas. Scavenger pro, SP pro and SA Pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

just a quick Q - do any of you play with game music turned on?

i was just watching a video on YT and heard music on a radio in the cafe on Havana which i'd never noticed before

MiCr0 wrote: »
    just a quick Q - do any of you play with game music turned on?

i was just watching a video on YT and heard music on a radio in the cafe on Havana which i'd never noticed before

I just leave it as is, I love the Russian music in the bookshop on Terminal :pac:

heh, was reading the Blops bitching thread from page 1 there and found a post of mine
    Something does tell me we'll still be having MW2 boards nights 6 months after BO is out

I was right :D

heh, was reading the Blops bitching thread from page 1 there and found a post of mine

I was right :D

Dear wise prophet, will we be playing Blops 6 months after Mw3 is out?

Sweet f'ing jesus I hope not!

probably, theres always room for a few games of something old, I still play COD4 when its not hacked to bits and the very rare game of WAW. I'll still be throwing on MW2 to get my Terminal Demolition fix when MW3 comes out methinks :pac:

please let the maps be good, pleeeeease. more urban/real world areas this time hopefully they're always the coolest maps.

Don't take the joke too far man.. We'll still be playing MW2 until they get it right

• Advertisement
Advertisement