Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Tallon wrote: »
    Don't take the joke too far man.. We'll still be playing MW2 until they get it right

Maybe they did get it right and we're all just playing it wrong?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Nah, they didn't

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

FAL is awesome :)

I should have said this earlier, but I got sidetracked by peculiar circumstances. Favourite gun in the game and one of the best in COD series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I find you've to be in a certain mood to use the FAL. It requires patience. You can reap the rewards though.

What attachments do you use? Has that holographic sight glitch been removed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

FAL is awesome :)

I should have said this earlier, but I got sidetracked by peculiar circumstances. Favourite gun in the game and one of the best in COD series.

its my go to gun in HC, one shot kills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

krudler wrote: »

Isn't every gun a 1 hit kill in HC ? :P

I find you've to be in a certain mood to use the FAL. It requires patience. You can reap the rewards though.

What attachments do you use? Has that holographic sight glitch been removed?

I'm using my other account. Only rank 40ish no prestige so haven't unlocked anything but noob tube and red dot. But I've been using it with the noob tube so far as I've grown to like the iron sights. Used to use holographic sight back in the day. Not sure about the glitch being removed. Somehow I doubt it.

I'll give ya something, the sound of it is music to my ears. Such an awesome gun even in standard mode especially if you have a quick trigger finger.

Always said it but it's bascially an auto assault rifle in my hands. Love it.

Only started using the FAL last weekend (7th Prestige). I put it on my anti - air class on the assumption it doesn't need SP. My accuracy is pretty lousy but have to say it's fun.

Think it's one of the advantages MW2 has over the other games is that you can pick up nearly any weapon and have fun with it (akimbo Deagles anyone :))

In last two weeks I've been using the FAL, RPD, AK47, MP5, P90 and Mini-uzi. Just loving the silenced AK on search at the moment. Not to mention the secondaries :D

had some fun games with beertons there, despite our team being made up of retards for most of it, dumbasses camping for kills NEXT to a bomb waiting to be defused like that dickhead on Bailout, defuse the fcuking thing!!! getting a tac insertion down in their spawn is a hoot on Demo , just legging around with an RPD milling anyone who popped their head up on Vacant. getting the defuse with less than 1.00 second on the clock is always a rush, and getting it as a ninja defuse is even more fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I had a friend join us, but he was sometimes on the other team. Got trashed in the game after you left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

am i the only one who's given up on rds for all guns in favour of dual mags?

I don't use RDSs on MW2 or Blops. D'ya find it helps a lot with accuracy? I find most encounters are going to be CQC in any case.

Supressor/Grip for LMGs (MW2) or Dual Mags/Supressor (Blops)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

MP5K rapid fire steady aim is the best combo in the game:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

RDS and Holo sights are a waste of time, I've decided. Just get good with the iron sight. When I first started MW2, I was so heavily dependant on the RDS. When I finally stopped using the FAMAS and switched to the Mini Uzi, I was so bad for ages since I had to get used to the iron sights. But being handy with the iron sight means you're free to attah anything else, like a silencer or FMJs.

I haven't equipped a noobtube in forever. Hmmm. Could be a fun weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Is there any quick fix way to getting SitRep Pro completed? Any particular game modes to enter to get it done? Or do I plod on through?

I rely on sound a fair bit. If I can hear him coming, I normally do well. SitRep Pro might add a nice boost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Is there any quick fix way to getting SitRep Pro completed? Any particular game modes to enter to get it done? Or do I plod on through?

I rely on sound a fair bit. If I can hear him coming, I normally do well. SitRep Pro might add a nice boost.

I can't be 100% sure since I don't play it much but the few games I've had in Demolition recently seemed to have quite a few claymores and tactical inserts left lying around the place - could be worth a look at least.

Rarely enough notice them in Dom but TDM has a fair share of them as it's that bit more campy.

Totally worth it, great pro-perk. You'll really grow to hate Ninja Pro users though!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

Anyone on now?
    PSN: DOHC200E
    Put boards in friend request :)

Got rid of it after a week! Lots of sunshine and lollipops for me mwhahaha :p

Team Tac. Estate. Domination. Rubbish opposition. Akimbo USPs on my runner class. These lads kept back at A flag.

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE. GIMME THEM KILLS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Finally got all my assault rifles mastered so I've extended mags on all of them, thank god for trailer park! Satisfying getting them done but probably totally useless in the long run.

• Advertisement

yimrsg wrote: »
    Finally got all my assault rifles mastered so I've extended mags on all of them, thank god for trailer park! Satisfying getting them done but probably totally useless in the long run.

SCAR-H is the only AR I've ever used extended mags with.

RPD with extended mags, now that's a beast!

Ended up with 7 in our party last night, so we rocked in to Ground War. Domination on Scrapyard. Hectic. Running 3-4-7. Runner class. Never had a hope of getting my Harriers with the amount of explosives going around.

Still got loads of double grenade kills and triple sprays with Akimbo G-18s.
    Managed to get an Attack Helicopter and a Pavelow from my Care Packages. Robbed a Pavelow from an Emergency Airdrop. Stole an enemy Care Package for a Pred. Love playing against kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

Loving mw2 at the moment. Learned how to righty tighty and tilt shot last night. Been getting good scores the last few days. Good fun.

Found something very useful for gw too. If you have a oma class with tac inserts on, lay the tac insert down and change to a class with claymores you can pick up the tac insert so you have a claymore and tac insert!

Loving mw2 at the moment. Learned how to righty tighty and tilt shot last night. Been getting good scores the last few days. Good fun.

Found something very useful for gw too. If you have a oma class with tac inserts on, lay the tac insert down and change to a class with claymores you can pick up the tac insert so you have a claymore and tac insert!

guh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Huh?
    Ah I youtubed it.
    It's one of the gimp shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Loving mw2 at the moment. Learned how to righty tighty and tilt shot last night.

So very very sad........

double-facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Paulor94

im sorry i just can't think of anything good about blops...

Quickscoperz and no-one using the HBS anymore....tyvm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Fired on COD4 this morning expecting to be raped, i hammered the enemy in most games. Serious amount of people quickscoping badly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Decided to play a few games of mw2 when I got in this evening from work (just another day, eh?). Played with the ump45 for the first time and clocked up a 14 kill streak in the last game before the gf came home and I had to throw the dinner on. My biggest previously was 7, step aside scar and rpd, there's a new sheriff in town :D

• Advertisement

Decided to play a few games of mw2 when I got in this evening from work (just another day, eh?). Played with the ump45 for the first time and clocked up a 14 kill streak in the last game before the gf came home and I had to throw the dinner on. My biggest previously was 7, step aside scar and rpd, there's a new sheriff in town :D

really? stick with it and unlock the silencer, becomes a beast of a gun/overpowered noob weapon after that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

really? stick with it and unlock the silencer, becomes a beast of a gun/overpowered noob weapon after that :pac:

There goes my weekend so :pac:

Unlocking stuff for the UMP on a second account this weekend. Hadn't used it in about a year. Omg I'd forgotten how good overpowered it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Anyone on for mw2 before the rugby???

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

Stealing some camper's care package to find it contains a chopper gunner :D Love it!

Joe24 wrote: »
    Stealing some camper's care package to find it contains a chopper gunner :D Love it!

if I ever have a good air support care package stolen I blast it out of the sky straight away, if I cant have my fun with it nobody can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

if I ever have a good air support care package stolen I blast it out of the sky straight away, if I cant have my fun with it nobody can!

Or if it's a bad one, go fishing with it

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Or if it's a bad one, go fishing with it

yup, hide, shoot noob, move to opposite side, repeat when noobs comes back from his revenge kill, repeate for more goodies :pac:

The Vector.... my new favourite gun. :) Unlocking extended mags for it is going to be a mare.

• Advertisement

Nearly broke my heart, so it did.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think in my course of MW2 I've only ever gotten extended mags on the SCAR and the M4, I just hate the FMJ kills..

Denny M wrote: »
    I think in my course of MW2 I've only ever gotten extended mags on the SCAR and the M4, I just hate the FMJ kills..

get them on RPD, bling with fmj and a grip and its easily done on trailer park or terminal, glass counts if you shoot someone through it. extended mags on that thing is brilliant 300 rounds in the mag and another 300 if you get an ammo drop. aim, fire, hold down fire button, watch the magic :pac:

I think extended mags are easy enough get with ARs and LMGs and I've had them on most of the ones I use at some stage but SMGs *shudders*. I've done it with the MP5 and UMP. They're pretty powerful SMGs and I found it hard enough. Trying it with the weaker ones can't be pretty.
    I only have Emags on the AK and RPD on current prestige.
    Fav S&D class is AK bling, Silencer and FMJ so that helps.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think extended mags are easy enough get with ARs and LMGs and I've had them on most of the ones I use at some stage but SMGs *shudders*. I've done it with the MP5 and UMP. They're pretty powerful SMGs and I found it hard enough. Trying it with the weaker ones can't be pretty.
    I only have Emags on the AK and RPD on current prestige.
    Fav S&D class is AK bling, Silencer and FMJ so that helps.

The Vector is a nightmare, by the time you're actually getting hitmarkers through light cover you're almost at reloading time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I've gotten all the unlocks for assault rifles and lmgs, think I got 1 or 2 sniper rifles done and gave up trying to get the fmj kills for smgs done for the p90, uzi and vector kicked the b*llix out of me.

It's bad enough penalising yourself by using less than ideal equipment in unsuitable maps but when there is sh*ts on the other team raining down noobtubes you just can't win.

Go and enjoy the game as much as you can. Don't put yourself through the agony of maxing the smgs.

Use the scar/ump/tar/m4/acr/rpd/barret/g18/raffica/aug/m240/ak/spas/famas/fal etc etc.

Current fave is m240 bling(grip & thermal)/stopping power/steady aim. Plonk yourself in a good vantage point overlooking an objective or high traffic areas and you carve through people. Closest thing to having a recoil free automatic sniper rifle and it's a headshot machine.

• Advertisement

Cossax wrote: »
    The Vector is a nightmare, by the time you're actually getting hitmarkers through light cover you're almost at reloading time!

I was just gonna say why not put extended mags on it then realised what I was typing :pac:

I was just gonna say why not put extended mags on it then realised what I was typing :pac:

Vector + extended mags + scavenger pro = new AR!

I usually do this thing with OMA when playing search. At start rush to a spot and plant a claymore then OMA and get another. This weekend planted two but accidentally OMA'd a second time. A guy ran into my first claymore so I planted a third. All three claymores got kills. Cue guy screaming at me "HOW MANY FUKIN CLAYMORES DO YOU HAVE?"
    It's cheap but funny:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I usually do this thing with OMA when playing search. At start rush to a spot and plant a claymore then OMA and get another. This weekend planted two but accidentally OMA'd a second time. A guy ran into my first claymore so I planted a third. All three claymores got kills. Cue guy screaming at me "HOW MANY FUKIN CLAYMORES DO YOU HAVE?"
    It's cheap but funny:rolleyes:

I hate playing with people like you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

I got the game winning kill by dropping a care package on someone last night. Complete and utter fluke. I threw the marker at someone running down the stairs at the periphery of the map on afghan. Got turned on and was killed. Started running back to the spot and heard the noise of package dropping, I think it killed someone spawning in the room at the bottom of those stairs.

Delighted! Never thought I'd get that title and emblem

• Advertisement
Advertisement