Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

My mammy's bringing me to Argos in Galway tomorrow so I can be a soundwhore like you guise *points at Krudler, Kersmash and Lakes* <3
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

just going to bed now, was up all night playing with 2 friends online. the banter was savage and we owned in team tac. played against a clan for at least 2 hours, with the same lad on our team for the whole thing. he added all of us and adopted our clan tag. shame he didnt have a mic. my mate theorised that he was a robot.

Kersmash wrote: »
    just going to bed now, was up all night playing with 2 friends online. the banter was savage and we owned in team tac. played against a clan for at least 2 hours, with the same lad on our team for the whole thing. he added all of us and adopted our clan tag. shame he didnt have a mic. my mate theorised that he was a robot.

Hahahaha epic. I might seeya online tonight, massive bags under your eyes shlurpin' coffee.

There really is nothing better than going on a massive session with the same people and dominating the other team most of the time. :D

It was great playing against those 4 lads all the time too, cos it was quite challenging and rather close matches, where kd went out the window and we were focused on the win, like in a game of demo on favela. Came down to the wire, twas rather intense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Is the Uzi of any use for the smaller tighter maps? If I'm using a sub-machine gun I tend to stick with the P90. I ask as I don't think I've come across too many people using the Uzi.

• Advertisement

Is the Uzi of any use for the smaller tighter maps? If I'm using a sub-machine gun I tend to stick with the P90. I ask as I don't think I've come across too many people using the Uzi.

P90 is better over a slightly longer range I think. Ade swears by the Uzi in Small-Medium maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Uzi is awesome, give it a go, loads of bullets, lots of damage and alot less recoil than the UMP.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Leeg17 wrote: »
    P90 is better over a slightly longer range I think. Ade swears by the Uzi in Small-Medium maps

I've used the Uzi on pretty much every map at some point and have got some huge scores on Quarry and Derail for example. I'm so used to it, I'm able to snipe with it.

Main reason I use it is because not many people use it... (see the link with my love of the FAL) :pac: but yeah it's really underrated .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I've used the Uzi on pretty much every map at some point and have got some huge scores on Quarry and Derail for example. I'm so used to it, I able to snipe with it.

Main reason I use it is because not many people use it... (see the link with my love of the FAL) :pac: but yeah it's really underrated .

I used it for the first time last nite and i love it already !!!

OH MY GOD BEST SHOT OF MY LIFE!! :D

Started off in Vacant on TDM, the end with the long room and desks and computers. Ran into the small room with the door and the window without glass with a Thermal Intervention. Jumped and quickscoped a guy with cold blooded, headshot. He was all the way lying down by the bottom left metal container if you spawned outside.

Again, I wish I was recording haha.

• Advertisement

THEATER MODE LEE, THEATER MODE :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

A guy got a fantastic throwing knife gamewinning kill earler, was playing ground war on Skidrow and there was a guy sniping from the stack of containers up at the Ranger spawn, this guy ran out the big hole in the wall just by B, jumped off the side of the building and chucked a knife, got the guy as he was moving between the gap in the containers,brilliant shot.

Unlocked Scavenger Pro, Cold Blooded Pro, Ninja Pro and Danger Close in one game of demolition. I got over 31000 exp. I have leveled up so much since the double xp weekend it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭oglaigh

HQ Pro + me on a mounted minigun = 14 kills in about 20 seconds. They just kept coming around the corner, it was epic!:D:D

oglaigh wrote: »
    HQ Pro + me on a mounted minigun = 14 kills in about 20 seconds. They just kept coming around the corner, it was epic!:D:D

I take it you got the title/emblem for a 5 killstreak with a mounted gun? I've tried before but only seem to get 2/3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

I take it you got the title/emblem for a 5 killstreak with a mounted gun? I've tried before but only seem to get 2/3

hey quick question about that actually . can you get on and off the same/ different turrets and still get the 5 kill streak with it assuming you dont get any kills between turrets using regular weapons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,992 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

sierra117x wrote: »
    hey quick question about that actually . can you get on and off the same/ different turrets and still get the 5 kill streak with it assuming you dont get any kills between turrets using regular weapons?

+1

Hmm, good question, I guess so? it is a streak just not on the same gun, gonna try that later :)

Starting to get alot better as a sniper. Getting a load of headshots. :D

krudler wrote: »
    Hmm, good question, I guess so? it is a streak just not on the same gun, gonna try that later :)

its actually one of the more difficult challanges for me to do for some reason ! people know turret locations and not a lot of people run towards them when you can hear them shooting ....its just suicide really lol . i did get 5 kills in a row using the same mini gun but i ran on and off it and moved around looking for kills in the mean time so it didnt seem to count . but friends have gotten the same one by doing just that so im a little confused .

ps i was 70 at the stage so the challange was unlocked

• Advertisement

Didnt check if there was a title or emblem but completed the challenge alright.

I usually dont go near those miniguns but was out of ammo and the HQ was right there. Other team were idiots, kept coming around the corner trying to noobtube me( almost succeeded twice). Eventually was gotten by a sniper.

its actually one of the more difficult challanges for me to do for some reason ! people know turret locations and not a lot of people run towards them when you can hear them shooting ....its just suicide really lol . i did get 5 kills in a row using the same mini gun but i ran on and off it and moved around looking for kills in the mean time so it didnt seem to count . but friends have gotten the same one by doing just that so im a little confused .

ps i was 70 at the stage so the challange was unlocked

I burst fire with the mounted guns, most people assume you'll let fly until the barrell overheats then run away, but if you tap the button rather than hold it down you've a better chance of people not realising you're still there, also autoaim, if you spin up the barrell then wait until it quivers slightly then fire you'll usually hit someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,992 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I burst fire with the mounted guns, most people assume you'll let fly until the barrell overheats then run away, but if you tap the button rather than hold it down you've a better chance of people not realising you're still there, also autoaim, if you spin up the barrell then wait until it quivers slightly then fire you'll usually hit someone

And the award for double-entendre of the day goes to....

:p:p:p

lol I set myself up for that one :D

my problem is i dont like sitting on the mini gun i feel....camperish??? so its usually a case of someone being nearby me trying to hop on the minigun and getting milled out of it during the animation. mostly i hop on and off them between kills and shoot at anyone around . longest i spent on one was defending b on wasteland during a game of dom . that was the game where i got 5 in a row but the enemy team was toobing the crap out of the mini gun and flashing me so i had to keep moving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

my problem is i dont like sitting on the mini gun i feel....camperish??? so its usually a case of someone being nearby me trying to hop on the minigun and getting milled out of it during the animation. mostly i hop on and off them between kills and shoot at anyone around . longest i spent on one was defending b on wasteland during a game of dom . that was the game where i got 5 in a row but the enemy team was toobing the crap out of the mini gun and flashing me so i had to keep moving

Yeah, me too, feel like I'm camping but on Wasteland I'll always stand near the turret by the burned out cars with an Intervention because it always seems like people will always look at the turret to see if anyone's there and when there isn't they think it's safe so keep comin' which is when I pop up! :D

Just got 2 5+ kills on a minigun in one game on wasteland just to see if the first one was a fluke. basically the miniguns at B in domination are great. Hop on the one facing the end with the church(opposite to heli end), and easy 5+ kills for the challenge.

batm!ke wrote: »
    Yeah, me too, feel like I'm camping but on Wasteland I'll always stand near the turret by the burned out cars with an Intervention because it always seems like people will always look at the turret to see if anyone's there and when there isn't they think it's safe so keep comin' which is when I pop up! :D

ha that place is CQC heaven for me its where i go with my spas 12 to bring the pain so many snipers there . see the problem i have with sniping from there is that theres so much cover with the tanks cars etc on the way up to it that its easy to reach a sniper without being seen . in saying that ive been caught with my pants down so many times up there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

ha ha, yeah I know what you mean, the only way around that I guess is have scavenger pro on and keep layin claymores around the entry points to the back of the car! Nothin' like killin someone and layin' a claymore only to have him come back multiple times and keep walking into the claymore you get from scavengin' from him! the more annoyed he gets the more he rushes straight in :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

Discovered the M16 for the first time today, beast of a gun, racking up the kills with it. Unlocked the holographic sight within 3 games, look forward to using it some more later. :D

Advertisement