Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

krudler wrote: »
    the perk or the deathstreak? i got a 5 kill streak in final stand once, was awesome :D granted it was on Rust and i was in the enemy spawn but still :pac:

haha nice. Eh, the perk. Was in terminal, guy hid in corner waiting for CP, I got into last stand killed him, but it wouldn't let me take his box.
    "Hold [] to take the coward's way out" :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Leeg17 wrote: »
    haha nice. Eh, the perk. Was in terminal, guy hid in corner waiting for CP, I got into last stand killed him, but it wouldn't let me take his box."Hold [] to take the coward's way out" :(

No means no man :pac:

Prestige number 6 tonight, was pissed off at first cos I got slaughtered the first game, then I wound up in a lobby of utterly hopeless noobs, went 27-4 on the default grenadier class, and went from lvl 1 to 11 in just over an hour of playing, its really easy doing the basic challenges, die from falling, fall and survive, blow up a car etc, did a pile of them in one match and flew through the ranks.

Playing with a bunch of randomers, 3 of my teamates had the same clan tag, playing against 5 people with same clan tag.

Join the game about 4 minutes in.

Guy A : Awww fvck!
    Guy B : Whats up
    A : fvckin' cnut killed me
    B : who
    A : Yer man with the car for a name
    B : what one
    A : Volvo somethin, stupid pr1ck named himself after a shít car, twat didn't pick lamborghini or ferrari
    B : exactly mick *in obvious mayo / cork / dublin mix of accents*

Ah , randomers <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Just went 49-7 on domination in rundown, two predators, two harriers and two AC130s. Hurrah.

• Advertisement

I've decided to set myself a few little challenges to break the boredom of grinding back through another prestige,heres what I've come up with so far:

1. killstreaks are being unlocked in order instead of going for the big ones first, I've been running 3/4/5 for a good while now and noticed I'm playing a lot better not worrying about getting my precious ac-130. so now I have the 3 basic you get anyway and counter UAV, sentry gun is next.

2. Every time I unlock a new weapon, I have to get at least 10 kills with it and unlock its next attachment before I can go back to using my favourite classes, I have a class set aside just for this.

3. Same with perks, I apologise in advance for any boardsies I'm playing against when I get Danger Close :D

4. I have to unlock the Pro versions of all perks before my next prestige, fcuk you Sitrep!

anyone got any other suggestions?

Had one of the funnest games in a long time there. TDM Salvage, joined 4 minutes in, heard chopper in the air, put on air support.

Boom, shot down chopper. 2 seconds later, boom, shot down attack heli. Got up to pred used and got a double.Ran out of ammo for Tar, and only had stinger. Kept strafing between cars and stuff and knifed a few people. Died and got pred again.

Game winning killcam was the best. Ran up beside B, saw two guys up in the car crusher / camping spot. Jumped and got 1 headshot, jumped and got another headshot (both were up top, I was on ground). Climbed up and got a 180 (saw a guy on the ground and turned to hit him, wasn't trying) headshot. 3 headshots in 1 killcam. Even better I had the Silver Skulls Spas title, and OMA emblem with the "gunz" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

sierra likes dodgeball :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

The barret 50.cal with ACOG scope is so much fun.

Kersmash wrote: »
    The barret 50.cal with ACOG scope is so much fun.

I'm sh1te with it, but I prefer the ACOG on the Intervention, go figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Just had a great game of Demolition, winning 2-1 in the end.

Got two chopper gunners but both shot down within seconds, same as with my harriers; still went 37-7 though :D

Definitely my favourite game-type by a mile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Just had the greatest nuke ever . . playing on wasteland, domination, got my harriers easily got chopper, gets shot down when i was on 23. I run around looking for two kills. Get one and . . . BANG . . shot in the back. I throw my headset on the ground (and break a bit off it) The score is 140-123 to us. I start again. Get the fastest harriers ever. Chopper. NUKE!!!
    I got a new record killstreak (34), my fifth nuke and finished 64-5 with some french guy screaming soixante-quatre, soixante-quatre!?!?!

I am soooo happy:D

Quickest round of demolition ever! Both bombs planted and blown up within 1 minute of starting...go team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

mp5 m/l/n with a spas , my new best friend :)

Shammy wrote: »
    mp5 m/l/n with a spas , my new best friend :)
    wait til you unlock akimbo mp5's :D

I was thrown inot the arse end of a TDM there on Invasion, spawned, saw a head run past where the B flag is, chucked a semtex, boom, triple kill, gamewinner. lol was in the match 2 seconds and won it for my team :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Playing domination on Terminal last night. I was in the bottom right of the map, just outside the big window you can climb through to get in side, moved around and started going towards B as they started capping it, saw a guy running to help cap it with his back to me, threw a Semtex at him, he ran onto B and blew up the two guys who were capping it for the enemy team. Triple Kill :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Frisbee wrote: »
    Playing domination on Terminal last night. I was in the bottom right of the map, just outside the big window you can climb through to get in side, moved around and started going towards B as they started capping it, saw a guy running to help cap it with his back to me, threw a Semtex at him, he ran onto B and blew up the two guys who were capping it for the enemy team. Triple Kill :D

ha the only thing better than that is semtexing a team member and using him like a walking bomb . got a game winning kill on salvage with that once was effing sweet
    you 360 or ps3 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭carwash106

The multitudes of ways to kill people is the best thing about this game IMO.
    If you get bored killing players one way, you can switch to another. Especially knife throws, landing one is great

carwash106 wrote: »
    The multitudes of ways to kill people is the best thing about this game IMO.
    If you get bored killing players one way, you can switch to another. Especially knife throws, landing one is great

Fair point, if I get bored rushing with the shotgun (not often bored it has to be said), I switch to a sniper class. The fairly wide range of guns keeps the game exciting for a while each progressive prestige.

Hopefully all guns will be overall balanced in the next game. Strengths and weaknesses for every gun, but not like the UMP (hypocritical seeing I use it most of the time) where it's good short range and sniping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Love a good throwing knife kill, best, and most annoying is when you fling one across the map to nowhere in particular and get a kill, its worse then a noob tube to an area and if I got killed by one Id be freaked but also find it funny.

Ive had a bouncing throwing knife kill too, i got stunned and flung the knife, bounced up off the floor in front of me and into the guy. Fun times :D

• Advertisement

Lag, what lag?!

Just went 17-2 on a connection that was flicking between 1 and 2 bars :D

Damn, just got a new high streak of 31 and didn't have a nuke on :mad:

Jev/N wrote: »
    Damn, just got a new high streak of 31 and didn't have a nuke on :mad:

Wrong thread there bub :p

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Wrong thread there bub :p

I think I should post it in both! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Finally managed to get a my first nuke today on wastleland,other team just didn't seem to want to shoot down my harrier
    Funnily enough after I got it I got killed one kill later,suffice to say I called it in straight after that:D

Rocking the akimbo magnums are the moment, great fun.

Am 20 kills away from Bling pro, that means akimbo g18's with extended mags, ooooh yeahh :D

Rocking the akimbo magnums are the moment, great fun.

Am 20 kills away from Bling pro, that means akimbo g18's with extended mags, ooooh yeahh :D

You got me a few times last night in Wasteland with them. I sent ya a message before hand "lovin the jav atm", got you when you were on the machine gun up by the plane spawn :D

You and your bloody javelin :D, twice I got killed cos I heard it going off and looked up to see where the missile was heading in case I had to leg it, got knifed once and snipered another, the killcam was just me staring up in the sky lol

You and your bloody javelin :D, twice I got killed cos I heard it going off and looked up to see where the missile was heading in case I had to leg it, got knifed once and snipered another, the killcam was just me staring up in the sky lol

It's actually so much fun, hard to get used to, but good fun. Got a triple kill in TDM Terminal, spawned behind the metal detectors and set it to land just past the library, near the doorway to the little shack (if that makes sense). Got another double kill with it in SnD Afghan, ran to where the nades usually land (poppy field side). Jumped on the mound a little bit and the javelin landed down by A flag, killed a guy and then another when the car blew up :D

• Advertisement

Joined a FFA to hunt boosters, saw a guy with an "IRL" clan tag, asked him where he was from. He said Cork, Cork City, and I said Galway, to which he responded "what's happenin' boi" :pac:

Advertisement