Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

We should get a party going where all of us have sentry guns on say Highrise and place them everywhere and spawn trap the hell out of the enemy :pac:

Now something like that on wasteland would be legendary fun, very little cover and the back up of the mounted guns too lol that'd be head wrecking for the opposition! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Woo Hoo I went 39-0-4 on Skidrow on Monday with the Aug Bar. Hadn't used it much before but will give it more attention now!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hightower1 wrote: »
    Would dotting them around the map not have been more effective? That one cold blooded guy took all three at once? If they were dotted round the map over looking each other they would provide cover for each other while coving more of the map and if the cold blooded guy was to knife one he still has to make it past a lot of ground to get another?
    A sentry on the elevator building with the gas tank, one on the yellow walkway suspended from the crane beside it adn one on the helipad would dominate the entire map on consideration your team maps didnt puch into their spawn flipping it the wrong way.... which most dopey ass team mates end up doing anyway.

Ah I just wanted to see what would happen :D, Highrise is a great map for sentry guns though, and yeah I agree about dope teammates wrecking the spawns, stop running around like headless chickens! especially on Domination, theres a bloody reason we're allowing them to keep 1 flag, stop trying to cap the thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

the deagle is such a satisfying gun to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played 2 1/2 games yesterday - MTDM
    Joined Carnival late - shot down 2 Pavelows and a harrier 2 assists
    Terminal - shot down a heli through a skylight 4 assists
    Salvage - shot down 2 choppergunners and killed a guy with a laptop (CG) 4 assists

We won 2-1 Go teamplayer
    Other team just got lucky with CPs and an emergency air drop from what I could tell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

playing grand today..doing a little randy savage with my aa12's.Swear my whole screen was red for ages dont know how I survived.Got all my killstreaks and had to start backwards with my Pavelow first.

bad side is I think my xbox is gonna crap itself.Have a decent pc so gonna switch back to that for black ops and MoH.son aimt gonna be to happy though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

I'm on a 59 win streak and goin strong. great fun the last two nights.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Woo Hoo I went 39-0-4 on Skidrow on Monday with the Aug Bar. Hadn't used it much before but will give it more attention now!

beast of a gun. Use this alot. Accuracy is best with the grip. Tend to use this alot as well as the TAR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Finally got the DC emblem today. No more noobtubers till BO I reckon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Just joined a TDM Express on Underpass using the silenced Barrett, think it was 5600-6700 when I joined and won the game with an 8-1-0 score! Triple Pred killcam!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i ****en love ffa

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Just discovered the joys of a rushing class paired with a shotgun. Just sprint to somewhere they wouldn't expect you to be, and then bam, mow down half of them with your spas or 1887s :P

Joneser wrote: »
    Just discovered the joys of a rushing class paired with a shotgun. Just sprint to somewhere they wouldn't expect you to be, and then bam, mow down half of them with your spas or 1887s :P

That usually my entire playstyle :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    That usually my entire playstyle :pac:

Haha same, about a third of my total kills are probably from the spas, it's just too much fun :P

Haha same, about a third of my total kills are probably from the spas, it's just too much fun :P

I cant remember what thread i put it in, might have been this one months back but i tried to see how many spas kills I could get in one evenings play, 373 was my final tally lol

I'm just hoping there is a shotty of equivalent range + power in black ops

I'm just hoping there is a shotty of equivalent range + power in black ops

the SPAS in in BlOps :D

I think they've nerfed it though, boooo!

Spas is the best secondary but my new favourite is the akimbo rangers, just too funny.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Spas is the best secondary but my new favourite is the akimbo rangers, just too funny.

I prefer 1887's, it looks so funny when he reloads / flips it around :D My mates and I call it the Fr. Jack Gun haha.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I prefer 1887's, it looks so funny when he reloads / flips it around :D My mates and I call it the Fr. Jack Gun haha.

Just unlocked 1887s akimbo this weekend haven't used them yet. Getting 10 kills was just painful. Using other shotgums makes you realise how good the spas is.
    Other thing I was struggling on was close kills with scrambler. Trying for 250 for emblem. Rust came up in a tdm, equipped P90 problem solved:). Wish Rust came up more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just unlocked 1887s akimbo this weekend haven't used them yet. Getting 10 kills was just painful. Using other shotgums makes you realise how good the spas is.
    Other thing I was struggling on was close kills with scrambler. Trying for 250 for emblem. Rust came up in a tdm, equipped P90 problem solved:). Wish Rust came up more often.

I actually have a single Model 1187 gameplay recorded on Fuel using lightweight and I got around 26 kills. Was a nice feeling :D

Sprrratt wrote: »
    I actually have a single Model 1187 gameplay recorded on Fuel using lightweight and I got around 26 kills. Was a nice feeling :D

I watch videos like this thinking "I wish that was me!":(

Sprrratt wrote: »

Yea marathon/leightweight/SA is easy for the 10 kills

Just hopped on their for 3 games of S&D. Went 9-1 and everyone was calling me a try-hard, ump + akimbo 1887s so fair enough, so in the next 2 games i decided to switch classes every round and mixed them up between the games. went 12-2 and 12-1 and they were still calling me a try-hard, gotta love sore losers :P

Nothing makes me smile more than practically boosting off of boosters.
    Double kill, then 1 TI kill. They return, double kill, then 1 TI kill. Then they return again for a revenge kill. Got to harriers off of the same 2 guys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Nothing makes me smile more than practically boosting off of boosters.
    Double kill, then 1 TI kill. They return, double kill, then 1 TI kill. Then they return again for a revenge kill. Got to harriers off of the same 2 guys ;)

I got something similar off a guy who was using a TI in TDM (but not boosting or anything) in Invasion.
    Had Sit Rep Pro on and am heading towards a TI in the bookshop near B, BAM shotgun a guy and TI disappears. And I can hear him laying his TI down in the back of the shop again and he heads back for revenge and BAM, kill him again. And so he respawns and laid down his TI, BAM kill and leg it into the shop, BAM as he respawns. :D

Cossax wrote: »
    I got something similar off a guy who was using a TI in TDM (but not boosting or anything) in Invasion.
    Had Sit Rep Pro on and am heading towards a TI in the bookshop near B, BAM shotgun a guy and TI disappears. And I can hear him laying his TI down in the back of the shop again and he heads back for revenge and BAM, kill him again. And so he respawns and laid down his TI, BAM kill and leg it into the shop, BAM as he respawns. :D

I've 43 more equipment prevention thingys until I get Sitrep as Pro. Any tips for certain game modes to bring it up faster?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I mostly play TDM/TDME/Dom, I'd say TDM or HCTDM is the way to go. Obviously you can see them with SR but some parts of some maps are always worth a patrol as they are much more likely to throw up claymores than others. Most of this will probably be obvious enough to you already.

Rundown: the sniper hut at C Dom or the building at A Dom.
    Derail: Centre office building, always a few claymores down at the 2 entrances.
    Skidrow: Stairs looking into B Dom in centre building, first floor office near C Dom
    Invasion: All over B Dom! In the long shop next to B, in the shop next to B, in the broken building by B, Sniper Hut across from the broken building.
    Afghan: Usually one or two around the large bunker.
    Favela: Banana Plant room, the ice-cream shop at B Dom.
    Highrise: Just on the stairs into the 2 spawns.
    Karachi: The perch over B Dom usually has a claymore on the stairs.
    Quarry: Warehouse at the high spawn.
    Subbase: Generator/Server room, usually one or two on the stairs or the entrance from the central courtyard.
    Terminal: Entrances to the plane, esp. from A Dom.

Otherwise you'll find them scattered around a bit but the above are, IMO, the best places to hit on the best maps for SRP.

Thanks for the list :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,770 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Cossax wrote: »
    I mostly play TDM/TDME/Dom, I'd say TDM or HCTDM is the way to go. Obviously you can see them with SR but some parts of some maps are always worth a patrol as they are much more likely to throw up claymores than others. Most of this will probably be obvious enough to you already.

Rundown: the sniper hut at C Dom or the building at A Dom.
    Derail: Centre office building, always a few claymores down at the 2 entrances.
    Skidrow: Stairs looking into B Dom in centre building, first floor office near C Dom
    Invasion: All over B Dom! In the long shop next to B, in the shop next to B, in the broken building by B, Sniper Hut across from the broken building.
    Afghan: Usually one or two around the large bunker.
    Favela: Banana Plant room, the ice-cream shop at B Dom.
    Highrise: Just on the stairs into the 2 spawns.
    Karachi: The perch over B Dom usually has a claymore on the stairs.
    Quarry: Warehouse at the high spawn.
    Subbase: Generator/Server room, usually one or two on the stairs or the entrance from the central courtyard.
    Terminal: Entrances to the plane, esp. from A Dom.

Otherwise you'll find them scattered around a bit but the above are, IMO, the best places to hit on the best maps for SRP.

Alternatively, you could, in the lobby, before the game starts, plead with the other side not to put claymores down ;)

Advertisement