Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The AUG is an assault rifle.

Ah I think the M60 is great. MG4 is very much underrated.
    M60, MG4 and RPD are by far the best ones IMO.

I was talking about the AUG in MW2 where it's kind of like an AR/LMG hybrid

Agree the M60 is loads of fun. I don't do very well with it though whereas in MW2 I could do really well with the RPD/AUG/MG4/LSW.

Also, Ade you mentioned the F2000 in another thread. Have to say that's probably (sadly) my favourite gun. I know it's got weaknesses. I know there are better options but I ... JUST.....LOVE IT!

Unbelievably giddy since playing MW2 last night for the first time in months. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I was talking about the AUG in MW2 where it's kind of like an AR/LMG hybrid

Agree the M60 is loads of fun. I don't do very well with it though whereas in MW2 I could do really well with the RPD/AUG/MG4/LSW.

Also, Ade you mentioned the F2000 in another thread. Have to say that's probably (sadly) my favourite gun. I know it's got weaknesses. I know there are better options but I ... JUST.....LOVE IT!

Unbelievably giddy since playing MW2 last night for the first time in months. :)

I like it too.. especially the sound :pac: You might have read my comments previously about using the unpopular guns. I absolutely love dominating when the lesser guns. If you treat the F2000 like an SMG it's great. Though from mid-range it's dodgy and from distance is basically unplayable unless some scrub stands completely still as you try to burst fire with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

...anyone know of any PC clans/servers using teamspeak?

I play Team Deathmatch mostly - teamspeak or similar would be real handy:)

???

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I like it too.. especially the sound :pac: You might have read my comments previously about using the unpopular guns. I absolutely love dominating when the lesser guns. If you treat the F2000 like an SMG it's great. Though from mid-range it's dodgy and from distance is basically unplayable unless some scrub stands completely still as you try to burst fire with it.

anyone know if the f2000 shotgun glitch still exists? if you unlocked it you basically got unlimited range with it, I havent used it since my first prestige but it was hilarious shooting guys on the other side of Afghan with a shotgun attachment :D

i used the f2000 for a bit, with the arctic camolflage it looks like something from Star Wars, its a fun little gun on small maps, just aim down and let the recoil do its thing

krudler wrote: »
    anyone know if the f2000 shotgun glitch still exists? if you unlocked it you basically got unlimited range with it, I havent used it since my first prestige but it was hilarious shooting guys on the other side of Afghan with a shotgun attachment :D

i used the f2000 for a bit, with the arctic camolflage it looks like something from Star Wars, its a fun little gun on small maps, just aim down and let the recoil do its thing

Indeed. A headshot magnet of a gun if there ever was one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I didn't use the F2000 in 0 prestige on the basis every board/post/thread I saw raged against it. Then on Prestige 1 equipped it in Afghan/TDM. First game ever with it and went something like 22-2. I was super confused.:confused:
    By prestige 3 it was my 4th most used gun which is crazy considering how late you get it. I kinda stopped using it then as was trying out different guns on different prestiges.

It is really more an smg

Am enjoying going through the levels again, prestiged on the xbox so going round the horn once more. not going to do it on PS3 though I have my favourite classes and I aint going without them again on there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Online is tremendous fun lately. Mainly as I'm doing quite well (on the brother's account though).

Rust is coming up a bit. Have played it three or four times at the weekend. A huge amount compared to when I went months without a play of it.

Dual MP5s with steady aim is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Anyone having problems joining matches or leaderboards updating? Pain in the ass, can't go back to blops as mw2 is waaaaayyy too much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Battleflag wrote: »
    Anyone having problems joining matches or leaderboards updating? Pain in the ass, can't go back to blops as mw2 is waaaaayyy too much fun!
    Didnt notice the leaderboards but had the same problem with matchmaking, took ages to get into a game and couldnt get into some gametypes at all

• Advertisement

Happened me last night on PS3 but not on 360, was sitting in the matchmaking lobbys for ages and the % of matches was zero.

Got probably my most satisfying kill on S&D ever on Vacant, we spawned at the C flag area, which is a bitch to get out of if the other team is covering the exits, got nailed with a sniper trying to get out into the open, next round I ran to the far right in the warehouse area, threw down some smoke and scooted out to the far right over by the truck, whattyda know, the entire enemy team bar one is standing there, semtex stuck, boom, triple kill, got the other guy in last stand and a teammate nailed the remaining one, bah, sooo close to getting a whole team, I really wanna do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭thefa

Got MW2 about 10 days ago but haven't really played it much. Only level 12 and have a negative kd but not really caring since I seem to always be the only noob and still dont know the maps or even played on them all I think. Was delighted to see the famas in my default loadout and was thinking of it in BOPs but when I got round to actually using it I got a fair bit of a surprise. Hate commando. Went back playing it last night after taking a few days off and was taking about 3-5 mins to get into a lobby last night and eventually just went back playing BOPs. Whats the most versatile gun you get early on? I'm kind of a famas/commando user in BOPs and flicking between the SCAR and M4 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

thefa wrote: »
    Got MW2 about 10 days ago but haven't really played it much. Only level 12 and have a negative kd but not really caring since I seem to always be the only noob and still dont know the maps or even played on them all I think. Was delighted to see the famas in my default loadout and was thinking of it in BOPs but when I got round to actually using it I got a fair bit of a surprise. Hate commando. Went back playing it last night after taking a few days off and was taking about 3-5 mins to get into a lobby last night and eventually just went back playing BOPs. Whats the most versatile gun you get early on? I'm kind of a famas/commando user in BOPs and flicking between the SCAR and M4 so far.

The UMP is a beast of a gun, but the Scar H ya cant go wrong with it really, i find it has excellent range. If your only a noob i started out playing with UMP with silencer and Marathon/Lightweight combo, i found it was excellent for getting around the maps quickly and after a couple of hours gameplay i knew the maps well enough to run Marathon/Stopping Power perks.

Stick with free for all or team deathmatch when starting too, generally the quality of players isnt as good as other game modes.

Add me if you wanna have a game its lucky-JIM22

Nearly all the assault rifles in MW2 are good, personally I love the Tar21, the M16 and the ACR, but you wont get those for a while. when you unlock the UMP try use it for ages and get the 75 kills you need to get the silencer, then it becomes an utter beast of a gun, you can take people out from across the map, its more like a small sniper rifle with no scope on it. single round bursts and you can headshot people across half the map. its considered a "noob" gun but fcuk that, it works.

add men if you want, psn and gamertag is Krudler89, am on most days on either 360 or Ps3,will be on in a couple of hours for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I love the scar myself, throw on a silencer and stopping power and its a killing machine. The tar is great too with the same setup which youre not too far from unlocking. My psn is in my sig too if you want to add me

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭thefa

Cheers lads. Will add ye all but between my strict NAT settings which I cant seem to change and my connection which turns to crap when anyone else uses it which is a lot, I might have to wait til May when I move out and get my own internet. Might be half decent by then! PSN: danjoedanny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

krudler wrote: »
    when you unlock the UMP try use it for ages and get the 75 kills you need to get the silencer, then it becomes an utter beast of a gun, you can take people out from across the map, its more like a small sniper rifle with no scope on it. single round bursts and you can headshot people across half the map.
    Thanks for this man. I'm new to mw2 and I just tried this out with lightweight, marathon and ninja pro, utter beast with the silencer, i hate it without it. It doesn't need stopping power, all I do is flank them from behind and get easy kills. Makes you feel like Sandy Ravage :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Gun sounds are ridiculously good - sound of a AUG or RPD going is enough to make me giddy with joy and want to drop my current gun and pick them up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

I got 480 kills with the ump yesterday, finally got the title for 2500 kills with it. Put my xbox away till after exams, too dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭spudwiser

im back playing this recently and using the TAR-21 and the Vector. The vector is actually a beast of a gun. Only problem is the amma gets used up fierce quick

• Advertisement

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Thanks for this man. I'm new to mw2 and I just tried this out with lightweight, marathon and ninja pro, utter beast with the silencer, i hate it without it. It doesn't need stopping power, all I do is flank them from behind and get easy kills. Makes you feel like Sandy Ravage :cool:

my go to class is a silenced ump, spas with grip and marathon,lightweight and ninja. smoke/semtex for tdm and smoke/tac insertion for demolition, love running around Wasteland blasting snipers as they dont even realise I'm running up behind them, mwahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

I've found a favourite sniper rifle: Wa2000. Beast of a gun! Why didn't I use it earlier?!

Crash and now Skidrow :eek:

omg.jpg

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    O_O Just got a brochure off a guy at IT Tallaght and he said I can get a job in microsoft with the course im doing :D and Infinity Ward have many job openings for Software Developers! YES!!!!

yusss, you'll be our inside man, first job is to convince them to get rid of 2nd chance, its all on you now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Got pretty lucky with a standard ump/spas (no attachments), SOH, SP, SA (non-pro) there in Underpass. Rushed A and got a broken quad feed (bloody hitmarker), single, triple, single. Felt a bit like Sandy Ravage :)

500320.jpg

The Shammy Effect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Ha , got to the bomb site twice in the first game but i couldnt plant it for some reason , had to kill myself :p
    Switched controllers for the second game , god i cant play with the ps3 controller.
    Hadnt played mw2 in ages it was a nice change.

Advertisement