Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

put this on Friday. Played all weekend. Hilight being a 1 v 5 clutch against a much better team on Afghan / S&D. Rangers.......akimbo.......SERIOUSLY
    Goodbye MW3 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Trailer Parks a great map

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seriously considering buying this again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Seriously considering buying this again.

If I was still in Ireland I'd post mine to you. It's just gathering dust.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cheers dude, it's the thought that counts sure :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

If ya think of it around Christmas time, gimme a PM :p I'll be home then.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Trailer Parks a great map

yes is is, fantastic demolition map

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I picked it up in Gamestop for 8 quid a few weeks ago, plenty of used copies floating about

got a 4 man multikill with a c4 pack yesterday, love having riot shield, rpg, scavenger, cold blooded and sitrep, just be as a big a distraction as possible to the other team while my team play the objective.

Was playing S&D on terminal with a pretty dire team. Went 9-3. Everytime I died we lost and lost spectacularly.
    Got two kill cams and defused twice to win 4-3.
    Would have been perfect only for the game I lost chasing a guy up the plane blasting at him with akimbo rangers only to have him turn round and kill me for the kill cam. Much shame.

Come across much less bs than before MW3 came out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I hadn't played it in almost 18 months as my PS3 was broken and all finances were being pumped into buying a house. Got it fixed there recently and wow- hehe I forgot just how much I enjoyed it.

I've been running around the airport picking people off at long range with the RPD or running into the campers with Akimbo G18's on submarine base. Ahh, good times.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Was playing S&D on terminal with a pretty dire team. Went 9-3. Everytime I died we lost and lost spectacularly.
    Got two kill cams and defused twice to win 4-3.
    Would have been perfect only for the game I lost chasing a guy up the plane blasting at him with akimbo rangers only to have him turn round and kill me for the kill cam. Much shame.

Come across much less bs than before MW3 came out.

there is a lot less, just avoid ground wars, demolition is still amazingly good fun with two good teams going after the objective,and shocklingly this is more often the case than loads of noobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Had a party of 8 going in MW2 the other night, we were in ground war so there was some OMA DC but the maps and sounds are just so good!

Cossax wrote: »
    Had a party of 8 going in MW2 the other night, we were in ground war so there was some OMA DC but the maps and sounds are just so good!

yes they are, the only maps I dont like are Fuel, not overly pushed about Invasion, and a handful of others I'm indifferent to, the rest are superb. Terminal, Afghan, Favela, Trailer Park, Salvage, all epic maps. and the sounds are awesome sauce through decent headphones, an unsilenced ACR, awwww yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

krudler wrote: »
    yes they are, the only maps I dont like are Fuel, not overly pushed about Invasion, and a handful of others I'm indifferent to, the rest are superb. Terminal, Afghan, Favela, Trailer Park, Salvage, all epic maps. and the sounds are awesome sauce through decent headphones, an unsilenced ACR, awwww yeah.

You'd wonder why they made all the maps on MW3 total $hite

Just reading all the latest comment on here and it reminds me of my first Call of duty game and how cool it was to find everything out.

S&D Weekend PS3
    Got noob tubed to hell
    Sub-base : other team had infinite UAVs
    Quarry: Guy had some kind of aimbot. Killed three of us with one bullet. Silenced EBR. Later saw him running into a warehouse. Camped other door giggling like a schoolgirl. When he blew round the corner and dropped me like a stone I realised he also had a wall hack.
    High-rise: (my personal favourite) got spawn killed across the map by akimbo models
    ........................... still a better game than MW3

Karachi : Tied at 3-3. 1v4 - killed the planter and defused ftw! Got a couple of kill cams with the unsilenced F2000. One of my fav guns but not used much this prestige. Went into FFA (SOH/SP and SA) to unlock the supressor. Much much fun!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

RPD is a beast:)

RPD is a beast:)

unlock the extended mags for it, 400 bullets in a clip. if you die and run over yourself you'll prob get more, and another 400 from an ammo crate. thats a gun with 800 rounds in it, hello Skidrow/Terminal corridors! making mincemeat of people never gets old.

Messing round with my stinger class in S&D. Silenced F2000 with Cold Blood. Wasteland came up. Went 11-1. Guess 360 no scopes look a lot easier on YouTube :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Red Star Bellend

You'd wonder why they made all the maps on MW3 total $hite

Just reading all the latest comment on here and it reminds me of my first Call of duty game and how cool it was to find everything out.
    The reason why MW3 maps are sh*te is because they have dumbed the game down so much that they don't want better players getting any sort of advantage.

The lines of sight are rubbish and the spawns are impossible to read.

IW just want everyone to run around aimlessly now.

• Advertisement

The reason why MW3 maps are sh*te is because they have dumbed the game down so much that they don't want better players getting any sort of advantage.

The lines of sight are rubbish and the spawns are impossible to read.

IW just want everyone to run around aimlessly now.

this, the lines of sight on the cod4 and mw2 maps are excellent, everyone by now knows where you're most at risk on certain maps. down the corridor from A to C on Terminal, anywhere near the big windows in the large warehouse on Quarry etc etc
    whereas on MW3 you're just getting shot from every direction and its hard to contain people in one part of the map. I dont mean spawn trapping just even knowing that if you hold 2 domination points you'll have an idea of where you're going to spawn and know you're ok on your own flag to call in care packages etc, the spawns are all over the gaff.

Put this on Friday. First up S&D Terminal.
    Spawn run into bookshop instantly quickscoped
    Next round plant bomb get up...... quickscoped
    Things improve greatly and we get it to 3-3
    I'm last alive v 3 and they've planted the bomb
    Get the first two and am right by the bomb site but can hear the last guy and time's running out
    Jump down escalator spin and nail the guy climbing up ladder
    Get to bomb with 5.5 seconds left for the win
    God I love this game
    Got asked for my UAV hack after - I don't hack but was nice to be asked

Also swapped out the akimbo rangers for the Spas. My god the range...THE RANGE!!!!

Get the first two and am right by the bomb site but can hear the last guy and time's running out
    God I love this game

Also swapped out the akimbo rangers for the Spas. My god the range...THE RANGE!!!!

It's just so awesome! BAM - dead. Hitmarkers? Pfft.

Couple of the Xbox boardies were playing BO but when we didn't get a game quickly, we jumped across to MW2. I think my love for the game is well known but we had a bit of fun in between the noob-tubing.

Semtex that actually kill people! :D
    Shotguns that work! :cool:
    Good maps and decent spawns! :eek:
    Mostly excellent hit detection. :)

God I love this game

stick it on a lightweight/ninja class, you'll annihilate people if you get into their spawn, doesnt even need stopping power.

Riot shield and c4 with scavenger on small maps, it NEVER gets old.

Haven't played this since Blops 2 came out. Still easy enough to get a game? Is the hacking still manegable ie. mostly not happening.

Last time I was one a mate came with me.
    I'm the only one of our group that really loves MW2. He starts screaming at me about hackers. I'm screaming back there were no hackers in this lobby. Then got killed by akimbo UMPS.........said nothing.

Haven't played this since Blops 2 came out. Still easy enough to get a game? Is the hacking still manegable ie. mostly not happening.

Last time I was one a mate came with me.
    I'm the only one of our group that really loves MW2. He starts screaming at me about hackers. I'm screaming back there were no hackers in this lobby. Then got killed by akimbo UMPS.........said nothing.

The lobbies are quiet, a few timed out cos people got sick of waiting and left in the pregame part but once you get into a game its easy to get a few without much wait. TDM and Dom are pretty much the only things played, tried getting a game of Demo and not a sausage. but no hackers from what i saw last night,and strangely, lots of noobs, like proper low level noobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

..... I'm screaming back there were no hackers in this lobby. Then got killed by akimbo UMPS.........said nothing.
    I'm pretty sure you could pick dual wield as an attachment for the UMP in MW2 .

derm0j073 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you could pick dual wield as an attachment for the UMP in MW2 .

You can duel wield all the SMGs, did it with P90s for a while, great craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 KaosWatson

I'm always looking for a group for MW2, Myself and Furious play in party quite a bit, so yeah :D

Advertisement