Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANOTHER SHOTGUN QUESTION.

Options
  • 15-02-2010 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

I know this is probably covered somewhere in these pages so thread can be moved in needed.

is a shotgun with black non wooden stock without the pistol grip restriced or not or even the grey plastic stock???
    just curious because i am looking around for a nice 20g semiauto and have seen some nice ones with black or grey stocks in 12g also.
    thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Being made of black plastic won't make anything restricted, but if you are looking at a semi auto shotgun make sure it is restricted to hold three rounds only! They asked me for proof of this for my semi auto... which is made of evil black plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

If your talking about the synthetic stock like the Beretta 391 extrema or the Browning cynergy black ice, there not restricted. see below. But if it looks like a "evil combat shotgun" you need to come up with more reasoning behind why you need it etc etc

4. (1) Firearms other than those to which subparagraph (2) relates are declared to be restricted firearms for the purposes of the Act:

(2) This subparagraph relates to the following firearms:
    (a) single-shot or repeating short firearms capable of discharging only blank ammunition;
    (b) shotguns manufactured, adapted or modified so as to render them incapable of containing more than 3 cartridges,

but not to shotguns
    (i) with a detached, folding or telescopic stock, or
    (ii) with a pistol grip, or
    (iii) whose barrel is less than 60.9 centimetres (24 inches) in length;

Advertisement