Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thoughts on new Ireland jersey...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Archimedez wrote: »
    I doubt there's enough people who care about the sponsor that much that would cancel out how much the FAI would lose if they cancelled the Eircom sponsor. Still though, I agree it really shouldn't have a sponsor, and if anything, having a sponsor should subsidise the cost of the jersey to the fans.
    No I meant they could sell a more expensive shirt without the sponsor logo. They can still sell cheap sponsor ones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

KerranJast wrote: »
    No I meant they could sell a more expensive shirt without the sponsor logo. They can still sell cheap sponsor ones too.

Thought that you meant you'd happily pay an extra 20 or 30 quid on top of the current price for a sponsor-less one. I was saying that if anything, a sponsorless one should be the current price, and the one with the sponsor should be subsidised by 20 or 30 quid less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

its a bit plain lookin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Nice looking.
    I won't be buying it though as I don't play for Ireland. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I think I read over on the rugby forum a while ago that the reason the Irish rugby jerseys have changed to a darker shade of green in recent years is that the manufacturers believe people will be more inclined to go out and buy darker colours instead of bright brash green. We've seen it with Leinster and France (both rugby and soccer) as well, it's nearly navy more than blue at this rate.

So in that respect I'm not surprised Umbro have gone down the same route with us as well, and in fairness to them they got it spot in, tis a lovely jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Horrible effort from Umbro considering the quality of the City and England shirts. Looks crap imo. Won't be buying it with a sponsor as per usual. The socks are a skangers wet dream. Keep an eye out for cotton bottoms tucked into them.

The England jersey that looks like a cotton polo shirt? Thats a rotten jersey!

I like it, good shade of green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

stovelid wrote: »
    Sponsor logo = always fail
    At least it's a big orange sun spot this time.

Roaster wrote: »
    When I say rip-off, what I actually meant was that it looks like a counterfeit jersey you buy for one of the kids when you're away on holidays.
    Think of the brightside, when you're away on holidays you'll be able to pick up a counterfeit jersey for the kids and it'll look like the actual jersey. Win-Win situation.

I actually quite like it. Nice classic look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

How much is one of these going to cost?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Could a club team commission an identical jersey from Umbro, without the logo and FAI crest, and sell them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Grand lookin shirt imo. The sponsor doesnt bother me in the slightest, in fact I think it'd look way too plain if it wasn't there. Fine shirt worthy of 55 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

V9 wrote: »
    Grand lookin shirt imo. The sponsor doesnt bother me in the slightest, in fact I think it'd look way too plain if it wasn't there. Fine shirt worthy of 55 quid.
    It would look plain without it, but it doesn't seem to bother every other footballing nation in the world.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    It would look plain without it, but it doesn't seem to bother every other footballing nation in the world.

What exactly is the problem?

I don't really get it...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Well I would prefer the plain jersey over the big Eircom logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

keane2097 wrote: »
    What exactly is the problem?

I don't really get it...

Looks penny-pinching compared to other nations. International shirts (imo) should be above all that.

Also it's just a shit logo.

Plus I hate Eircom.

They should have a logoless flavour and a logo flavour of the shirt but people would probably all opt for the former.

stovelid wrote: »
    Looks penny-pinching compared to other nations. International shirts (imo) should be above all that.

Also it's just a shit logo.

Plus I hate Eircom.

They should have a logoless flavour and a logo flavour of the shirt but people would probably all opt for the former.

Do most other nations not have sponsers on their jerseys?

I'm trying to remember here...a lot of them don't right? If so I see the problem...

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember here...a lot of them don't right? If so I see the problem...

Even if they had it just on the real thing and left it off the replicas would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Just wondering if anyone knew what this is?

http://www.faishop.com/product/IrelandHomeKit/HomeJerseyBoxed_14

It says; "Number 10 on the front of the shirt". How could they fit that on the front is the Eircom logo is on it? Could it be that they don't have the sponsor on it for this limited edition version? Doubt it but that'd be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

bw wrote: »
    Can't you get them without the sponsor?

i have seen the odd one (previous jersey) without the sponsor, lifestyle was selling them, but they came pre printed with keane on the back

irish-stew wrote: »
    i have seen the odd one (previous jersey) without the sponsor, lifestyle was selling them, but they came pre printed with keane on the back

Talk about giving with one hand and taking with the other...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I like it, much better effort than last 2 umbro kits, and fist nice one since WC06 qualifiers.

I would put this over the logo :pac:

CDT36DGN4-2_4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Its a nice shirt but like so many others I wont be buying it until the sponsor is gone. Packie Bonner's italia 90 shirt is the last Irish shirt I bought and I was too young to care about the sponsor then.

Advertisement