Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Please - Can't set up mail on N95

• 15-02-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Hi, I searched through the web but none of the stuff I saw helped me. I have an eircom.net e-mail address but my internet provider at home is BT. Do you know the settings I should have in my N95 to send/receive mail?
    I seem to be able to get mail but not refresh back to the server.

Also, is it possible to set it up so that the account is connection agnostic - i.e. I can be roaming and still send/receive my mail even when not at home?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

When you say "refresh back to the server", do you mean you're having trouble sending email, or do you mean if you delete email on your phone, the server doesn't update as well?

If you're having trouble sending mail, its most likely your outgoing server settings are incorrect or incomplete. There are settings for eircom accounts here http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=84&E=0000000000217987548&K=5010&Sxi=11&Problem=obj(9722)&DCSext.clickedFrom=bb;email;gettingstarted

If it's the problem that the server isn't updating your inbox after you edit it on the phone, that means you have your account set up as POP3, which basically just reads mail from the server. You need to set up IMAP, so when you delete a mail from the phone, it will disappear from the server too.

The fact that you have BT internet doesn't matter. When the email client on the phone looks to update your mailbox, it just looks for any internet connection available, it doesnt matter if its your home wifi, public wifi, 3G, 2G, etc etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Stee wrote: »
    When you say "refresh back to the server", do you mean you're having trouble sending email, or do you mean if you delete email on your phone, the server doesn't update as well?

If you're having trouble sending mail, its most likely your outgoing server settings are incorrect or incomplete. There are settings for eircom accounts here http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=84&E=0000000000217987548&K=5010&Sxi=11&Problem=obj(9722)&DCSext.clickedFrom=bb;email;gettingstarted

If it's the problem that the server isn't updating your inbox after you edit it on the phone, that means you have your account set up as POP3, which basically just reads mail from the server. You need to set up IMAP, so when you delete a mail from the phone, it will disappear from the server too.

The fact that you have BT internet doesn't matter. When the email client on the phone looks to update your mailbox, it just looks for any internet connection available, it doesnt matter if its your home wifi, public wifi, 3G, 2G, etc etc..

Many thanks. I had to set up the account again but it now works perfectly.

Advertisement