Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maple Syrup

Options
  • 15-02-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Seriously, where can you buy real maple syrup (except Canada :)), Tesco's dont have it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Germag

Supervalue Dunshaughlin, Nearly €7 for a small bottle!! The price may go down after Shrove Tues!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭waldo

Listons on Wexford Street sell 250ml bottles for €4.60. Larger Tesco stores will also have it, or Sainsburys up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 poppie26

Avoca hand-weavers in Enniskerry have pure maple extract but at huge prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Aldi have it in stock at the moment (or Aldi Wexford does). I got about 4 bottles of it...

I don't know if it is the real stuff or not - but it looks and tastes like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Any health food store - Holland and Barrett usually have the "real" stuff. I usually stock up during the year so that I'm ready for Pancake Tuesday. M&S also has it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Real?

For what it's worth Dunnes are Selling Lyle's Maple Syrup for €2.25, it was 2 for €3.

Their 'Odlums American Style pancake mix' was reduced to 1.49 from 3e, same with regular pancake mix.
    Huge bottle of lemon juice - 1.49.

This was Dunnes on George's Street but I imagine it's probably Dunnes wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dkd

Dinkie wrote: »
    Aldi have it in stock at the moment (or Aldi Wexford does). I got about 4 bottles of it...

No they don't because miserable gits have been in ahead of me and bought 4 or more bottles:(

Jakemans €6.49 in SuperValu

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Sorry dkd, think I'd be one of them "miserable gits" (bought 4 bottles of Maple Syrup last July – best before date 2012)

Yes,
    About once a year I stock up in Aldi (not Pancake Tuesday, mind!), Aldi do a 4th of July type promotion at the beginning of the summer which includes the genuine article, pure, from trees, Canadian maple syrup i.e. none of the maple flavoured rubbish.

They currently have this on offer (perhaps it's still available in other Aldi shops) - I'd be certain it's the real deal

http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2827_11930.htm

Other than that get out your credit card and head to Fallon and Byrne on Wicklow Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Dinkie wrote: »

Yes it's real - I do the exact same, will be purchasing again when it's the 4th July specials, this time for the sake of my waistline I will try to resist the Nutrageaous Bars ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

dkd wrote: »
    No they don't because miserable gits have been in ahead of me and bought 4 or more bottles:(

Jakemans €6.49 in SuperValu

Hey, I worked hard for my four bottles ;)

I had to try about 3 different store to get them (and dig through boxes under boxes). AND I think they sold out the same day they went on specal. I went to three different Aldis that day before I found some... and I had to dig through what looked like empty boxes for that!

Try ringing around the Aldi's. I do that if I want a special badly and its not i stock in my local one.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Lyle's is just maple flavoured syrup. Seems they have the real thing in Superquinn, 7 eur a bottle though. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

tesco does have it:confused: maybe they sold out though. pretty expensive the one i saw there ~€6.50

Advertisement