Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Pink Floyd in O2 April 28th.

Options
  • 15-02-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

My lovely girlfriend just got me tickets to this show for Valentines day, which is great because I love Floyd but i've never heard of these guys.

I just looked at the tickets and was shocked to see that they are in the O2 :eek: I assumed that a tribute band would play in the olympia or somewhere low key you know.

Really looking forward to it and just wondering has anyone seen them before, and if so what are the reviews, or is anyone here going to the gig?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Hey all,

My lovely girlfriend just got me tickets to this show for Valentines day, which is great because I love Floyd but i've never heard of these guys.

I just looked at the tickets and was shocked to see that they are in the O2 :eek: I assumed that a tribute band would play in the olympia or somewhere low key you know.

Really looking forward to it and just wondering has anyone seen them before, and if so what are the reviews, or is anyone here going to the gig?

You are in for a treat. Quality, amazing performance guaranteed. And I only caught a glimpse of them headlining a tent for a fair few thousand people 3 years ago. You won't be disappointed, theres a reason its the O2. Tickets always bit expensive for them, so doubt I'll make it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Thanks mushy appreciate the feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭martybike

I see the start time is 18:30. In Belfast and most other gigs it is 20:00. Anyone know what the story is and what time does it really kick of at?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That could be doors and a support band maybe? They normally always open doors at that time in that venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭martybike

Thanks Mushy, you're right. I checked with the O2 phone line and they reckon the band comes on at 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Saw them in the point a few years ago and thought they were excellent. They even have a great light show. I really wanted to see them in the o2 this week but can't make it unfortunately.

Here is a setlist from a few weeks ago...
    Speak To Me
    Breathe
    On The Run
    Time
    The Great Gig in the Sky
    Shine On You Crazy Diamond Parts I-V
    Welcome To The Machine
    Pigs (3 Different Ones)
    Sheep
    Astronomy Domine
    Learning To Fly
    High Hopes
    Money
    Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
    Keep Talking
    Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert
    The Fletcher Memorial Home
    The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
    Another Brick In The Wall Part II
    Wish You Were Here
    One Of These Days
    Comfortably Numb
    Run Like Hell

Setlist makes its more annoying that I can't go. :(

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Awesome band, seen em twice and reckon they are easily the best cover band ever, without a doubt.

Advertisement