Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price for drylining & skiming

Options
  • 15-02-2010 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I just got a price of €2k for fitting insulated plasterboard to one wall 15' long and fitting regular plasterboard to another wall 17' long and skiming both. requires removing and refitting skirting and moving 4 electical sockets.
    Seems very high to me, thought there was a recession on? can anyone comment?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Guell72

crazy600 wrote: »
    I just got a price of €2k for fitting insulated plasterboard to one wall 15' long and fitting regular plasterboard to another wall 17' long and skiming both. requires removing and refitting skirting and moving 4 electical sockets.
    Seems very high to me, thought there was a recession on? can anyone comment?:confused:

My sister got 2 x 14ft square rooms dry-lined and skimmed about 3 months ago. Insulated board along outside walls. Also new plasterboard on ceilings and skimmed too (Artex is a curse). Job included switches, sockets, skirtings too. Total cost €1100. A very well done, 2 Day job for 2 people, and that wasnt even the lowest quote.

Shop around is all i can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭4400kevin

2k seems expensive.
    insulated board 120
    plain board 40
    fixings 30
    skim etc 50
    skirting board 60
    sockets wire etc 60

total for materials €360
    That leaves 1640 for labour which is alot for basically 2 days work.

Advertisement