Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Legal Highs in Cork

Options
  • 15-02-2010 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post, tried in AH but no answer yet so..

Anyone tried any of the legal "weed" in Mad/other head shops yet in Cork? Saw Mad's stock yesterday and totally intrigued but I've heard so many mixed stories that I may just stick to the usual.

Does anyone have any stories about the legal high, what was bought, what it cost etc??

Please don't turn this into a legalisation debate, genuinely asking so if you can't contribute then don't post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

One time one guy brought some of that legal stuff over when me and some friends were having a smoke, it was universally turned down in favour of actual weed. The fellow who brought it must have been very embarassed :)

That's my story... I only took a few puffs of the stuff that day out of pity so I can't really say anything constructive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

i know a few people who smoke it,they find it fine,different blends give effects.havent heard anything bad from them,they buy it away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

If anyones interested just got this response from someone in AH:

"The stuff in Mad is a fiver more expensive than anywhere else. Go down to the new place next door to Domino's on Washington Street. Wider range and better prices. And they sell custom made bags for a tenner if you just want to give something a test ride.

Don't go for the one called 'Smoke' though. It contains industrial grade Oleamide, an irritant, and will rape the throat off you. Effect wise it's not the best either because once you smoke a joint or two, your tolerance goes almost completely up from it."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I have only tried like a tiny bit but I know people who have said it is a big stronger than the normal..I didnt really think too much of it until i watched this programme about the chemicals that they put in it tisnt good stuff like with any chemicals it cant be good for you smoking that...

Yeah Milly I've heard so many mixed stories. The way I'm thinking is it might have long term effects, like in the way acid was taken years ago and now after all the research into it, scientists have found a correlation to long term effects such as flashbacks etc -

http://www.saps.gov.za/drugs/lsd.htm

Not being a prude about it I'm just a bit skeptical and was interested to know if anyone had any stories of their own or any recommendations even?

Reading the forum in AH, there are some horror stories regarding the pills. Apparently it reads "not for human consumption" in small print on the back of the packets.

From some of the posters experiences, "smoke" is very harsh as it's mixed with a chemical (Oleamide - as per my last post) too.

Basically it sounds a bit dodge but I'm so curious cause of all the coverage I just want someone's experience of a certain bag so I can ask for that and enjoy it... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

I'd steer clear from the legal highs (and MAD for that matter) tbh. No one really knows what they're doing to you, especially in the longterm. The acid flashback story is largely a myth aswell. It usually only applies to people who "do the dog," as we say in Cork :D

The pills used to be packed with BZP which was awful ****e alltogether. I know a few people who tried them and they said it's not worth the 30-40 hrs spent awake. I'm not sure what chemical's in them now.

I've tried the smoke once but it wasn't anything like proper weed. It felt like a pretty heavy stone, but not in a good way. More of a dopey spaced out.

The powders are pretty much all from the cathinone chemical class... think speed. These seem to be the biggest sellers (Charge and all that). I've heard of people with a bag of mephedrone (one of the chemicals in the family) stay up for 3-4 days, loving the stuff. It doesn't really appeal to me but if you're looking for something to keep you going this will do the job. Most of the retail products contain one of these chemicals (in varying dosages) and then some kind of filler, so buying it pure would seem the logical action.

Now just to reiterate, I don't take any of these legal highs but I've seen a fair bit of use. Just because they're legal definitely doesn't make them any safer than illegal drugs and staying up for 3 days without any sleep is a bad bad idea. But if you want to try some ,at least do the research first!

Thanks for that Damienh, I think the appeal of the legal is the cost tbh and that I could pick some up after getting the bus afterwork you know?? That and I was blown away by the sight of "weed" on the shelves! It was mad(pun not intended! :D)!

Cool though man, thanks a mill for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rebelccfc

Stay well away from a powder called ivory wave.

My friend took it.. and he got incredibly horny off it but couldnt get it up.

he was like that for about 2 days. Plaguin his gf for sex but not able to do a thing.

not into them myself but it was freaky the moods he was in.

from talkin to people mad have the best range but don't give a **** what theyre selling. As in they tell you something gives one effect when it is the complete opposite.

rebelccfc wrote: »
    Stay well away from a powder called ivory wave.

My friend took it.. and he got incredibly horny off it but couldnt get it up.

he was like that for about 2 days. Plaguin his gf for sex but not able to do a thing.

not into them myself but it was freaky the moods he was in.

from talkin to people mad have the best range but don't give a **** what theyre selling. As in they tell you something gives one effect when it is the complete opposite.

Sorry I giggled a little at your story! Man that must've sucked!!

Yeah I heard that alright about mad from friends, that they don't care or know about what they are selling..

Another poster recommended a new head shop on washington street.

I'm not into powder or pills, just enjoy the odd smoke to chill tbh. :)

NoDice wrote: »
    I'm not into powder or pills, just enjoy the odd smoke to chill tbh. :)

I'm the same tbh, just stick with the normal stuff if you can get it. If I had to do without or buy one of the legal highs, I'd honestly prefer to keep my money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

NoDice wrote: »

Reading the forum in AH, there are some horror stories regarding the pills. Apparently it reads "not for human consumption" in small print on the back of the packets.

Think that's more because they're not supposed to be selling drugs than anything else. You can get little white pills called Doves which are sold as plant food :rolleyes:

I've tried a few of those smokes over the years. There used to be a nasty old thing called Spice, might be banned now. Tasted like burnt marshmallows, ripped the throat off you and could make people temporarily insane-my flatmate had a paranoid freak out which involved all of us talking about how much money she owed us (she didn't owe any of us anything), and then progressed to this "peep-hole" which ended up defying the laws of physics-somebody had looked through a hole in his bedroom wall and seen her in a room across the house doing some un-named dirty deed. She was still convinced of it for days afterwards as well. Only similar experience I had on Spice was someone, in the middle of talking to me, called me a ****ing idiot. Apparently he didn't, but I only believe that because everyone else in the room backed the guy up, and hey, I was on drugs.

Only one I've ever tried and liked is called Pulse, that was around in September, might still be there. Fairly similar to the real thing, though a bit edgier or something, you wouldn't be as relaxed and I guess if you hadn't much experience with drugs or were in a situation you were uncomfortable with anyway you could get paranoid or nervous.

Haven't tried any of the powders and had totally bad experiences with the couple of the pills I tried, though that was back in the bad old days of BZP

BZP should be illegal alright in fairness. On the plus side electro~bitch, I'd say you've been to a few good parties. Peep-holes eh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Moptop

I know this threads old but no point starting a new one . . .
    Tried a few of those legal highs from MAAAD and to be honest, didn't get that high. They seem overpriced and full of chemicals. I'd trust normal weed over them any day. Only problem is its impossible to actually get decent weed in Cork!!

Don't go to MAD, it's the worst of all the shops. Always has and always will be an overpriced hole. There's plenty of nice weed to be found, it just takes ages to sniff out who has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Moptop wrote: »
    I know this threads old but no point starting a new one . . .
    Tried a few of those legal highs from MAAAD and to be honest, didn't get that high. They seem overpriced and full of chemicals. I'd trust normal weed over them any day. Only problem is its impossible to actually get decent weed in Cork!!

I actually prefer thw jwh based blends over weed nowadays. Although weed has a much nicer effect, the JWH synthetics don`t cause grogginess next day for me. Pity the idiots in charge of the country are going to have them banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

I think the 10 euro bags you get from the place on washington st are good, Bansai and King B do the job for me anyhows and as previously said no grogginess the next day. Think I will be stocking up before the ban:)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

I've tried most of the smoking mixtures and I've found many to be too strong, most cause an increased heart rate that I don't like. The euphoria is not as gentle as the real thing. True the next day there is little or no lag. I wouldn't smoke every day just a couple at the weekend. A bit of nice hash or grass would win hands down everytime. Problem for me is when I'm in the mood for a smoke there is nothing much to be had, I'm kinda old and out of touch.

Many are worth trying, but I think most are either waaay too strong or just pure s***e.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Really?- a man of your years ought to be in bed well before midnight with a steaming mug of horlicks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

I'd exercise caution smoking any of these concoctions, just because they mimic cannabis doesn't mean they won't produce unwelcome side effects if used regularly.

Dan, Horlicks never did it for me, much prefer a mug of cocoa and a digestive biscuit.

We're probably better off without them,

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

.... and Sally O'Brien and the way she might ........:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

barakus wrote: »
    I think the 10 euro bags you get from the place on washington st are good, Bansai and King B do the job for me anyhows and as previously said no grogginess the next day. Think I will be stocking up before the ban:)

Smoke King B myself, first experience was horrid though, not being able to focus on people and my eyes tearing up, felt disgusting.

Everytime after though was a lovely mellow feeling, along with a couple of good laughs.

Personally I think it's great, I even offered my mother a smoke and she said it made her feel lovely and relaxed (she'd never smoked weed before)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Smoke King B myself, first experience was horrid though, not being able to focus on people and my eyes tearing up, felt disgusting.

Everytime after though was a lovely mellow feeling, along with a couple of good laughs.

Personally I think it's great, I even offered my mother a smoke and she said it made her feel lovely and relaxed (she'd never smoked weed before)

These blends work great in a vapouriser too. No smoke involved, just tasty herby vapour, great for anyone who doesn`t want dirty smoke in their lungs.

Shulgin wrote: »
    These blends work great in a vapouriser too. No smoke involved, just tasty herby vapour, great for anyone who doesn`t want dirty smoke in their lungs.

Thing is, I like that dirty smoke in my lungs :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Orion2

Sorry for bumping a week long dead thread but I got something to ask...

Does anyone know if King B has been banned? My local head shop has been closed the past few days while they sort their stock so it's not so easy to find out right now.

Out of all the legal weed alternatives I found King B to be the best of all. However, the very first time I tried it I over did it and put a little too much into the spliff. This resulted in an extremely trippy effect and heart palpitations that I didn't like at all! But that experience taught me the simple lesson to not use too much and from then on King B was sweet as! Loved it! ;)

So yea... Has it been banned or is it still available? Cheers in advance people! :)

PS: A friend of mine brought around some Smoke2 Joosey White last nite and the stuff is bloody horrible! Very harsh and hardly a buzz from it! I'd advise anyone thinking of trying it to stay well clear!

Orion2 wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping a week long dead thread but I got something to ask...

Does anyone know if King B has been banned? My local head shop has been closed the past few days while they sort their stock so it's not so easy to find out right now.

Out of all the legal weed alternatives I found King B to be the best of all. However, the very first time I tried it I over did it and put a little too much into the spliff. This resulted in an extremely trippy effect and heart palpitations that I didn't like at all! But that experience taught me the simple lesson to not use too much and from then on King B was sweet as! Loved it! ;)

So yea... Has it been banned or is it still available? Cheers in advance people! :)

PS: A friend of mine brought around some Smoke2 Joosey White last nite and the stuff is bloody horrible! Very harsh and hardly a buzz from it! I'd advise anyone thinking of trying it to stay well clear!

As far as i know it's gone, you should of tried Sky High, €15 for 3g.
    Im hating normal weed right now, i'd prefer some king b / red eye / sky high

Advertisement