Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where can you sell your prints

• 15-02-2010 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

hey just wondering is there any where you can sell photo prints thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

The two best places I've heard of are

A: On the Internet
    B: In Real Life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

can you sell them on the street or do you need a permit or something :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Or .... anywhere someone will buy them. That tends to work too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

One site I've come to know in recent months is Redbubble. You won't sell anything by sitting around waiting but if you promote yourself enough with good pictures you might.

cool thanks homer il check it out do you use it much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

sikahunter wrote: »
    can you sell them on the street or do you need a permit or something :confused:
    ↲↲↲
    In Dublin you need to get a street sellers permit from Dublin City Council. Not sure exactly how much it costs. I think you also need PL insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Good options include
    - Local cafes and restaurants might allow you to sell in return for adorning their walls with your work.
    - Set up your own website, www.joesoap.ie, and market yourself from there.
    - Join a stock photography site like istockphoto or Getty.
    - Selling to newspapers

Best of luck

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Paulw wrote: »
    ↲↲↲
    In Dublin you need to get a street sellers permit from Dublin City Council. Not sure exactly how much it costs. I think you also need PL insurance.

Meh, the licence is a sham and guarantees you just as much chance of trouble without one.

Just get them printed and framed in the most presentable and affordable way you can. Find a good patch that hasn't already been dibbed (as we street sellers don't like moochers and it will come to blows, seriously. I regularly have to give chuggers and god botherers a good toe up the hole). Do a few practice runs with regard to display and how you're going to carry them etc.
    When on street selling (Temple Bar Sq. for me) I just use 6x4, 5x7 and a few quirky A4's just to get attention. These I mount and frame in cardboard.

I'm starting off on proper stall in George's St. Arcade where I use proper frame (wood and glass) and mount but those goods stay in the arcade, you can't go lugging that crap around town.

Do: Think light and packable, think content and presentation, think location and protection from elements.

Don't: step on anyone else's shoes or bother having notions of a licence, it's pointless and you'll have more things to think about than that.

Insurance? You're selling pics not taking them up in a hot air balloon.

What city were you thinking of selling in as I only know about Dublin?

Bring a book or guitar or both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

you could also approach a local library and set up your own exhibition.

Might sound a bit naff but have you considered a car boot sale?

I think cafes re great for these aswell, cafe owners like nothing more than being able to decorate their walls for free. Alot of cafes consider it a particular style to have art pieces or photos for sale on their wall.

best of luck with it.

thanks a lot going to give it a try in some local cafe,s and maybe a pier or 2 where the tourist are :) also one more thing what is the best size for a print thanking you in advance si

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭newbridgemom

sell on www.etsy.com which is a place for all things handmade and vintage. there are tons of people selling cool photographs on it so you need a theme or niche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

sell on www.etsy.com which is a place for all things handmade and vintage. there are tons of people selling cool photographs on it so you need a theme or niche.

Has anyone here ever bought or sold on etsy?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭newbridgemom

I buy all the time on etsy. i'm in the processs of setting up my own shop too. it's quite popular with the american 25-45 indie crowd. people are signing up to handmade pledges which means they will only buy handmade or second-hand for an entire year. people are getting tired of everything looking the same and being made in factories in other countries. people are willing to pay more for something handmade and for a more personal experience. this is a major trend that is sure to start hitting these shores soon.
    i tweet about etsy finds in regards to weddings on http://twitter.com/LisaODwyerphoto

i love it!!!

Advertisement