Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Soccer Club

• 15-02-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Trying to get my little fella to drop his DS and play some football/soccer. He is 5 and a half.

Does anyone know if (a) he is too young or (b) any suitable football clubs in Waterford City to play for?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

mozattack wrote: »
    Hi,

Trying to get my little fella to drop his DS and play some football/soccer. He is 5 and a half.

Does anyone know if (a) he is too young or (b) any suitable football clubs in Waterford City to play for?

Thanks

Waterford crystal have an acedemy for 6-7 year olds on saturday mornings i think, i played with them from 7 until i was 19 great club to play for.
    You can always check the soccor club listings in the news and star or the munster, most of the time they have ads for their academys in them, De la salle, bohemians or villa are 3 more off the top of my head.

He might be a tad young but at that age its not hard or physical so it shouldnt matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Fair play to ya OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Thanks for the help, will definately look those clubs.

Yeah I hope he will like it - would be good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

mozattack wrote: »
    Thanks for the help, will definately look those clubs.

Yeah I hope he will like it - would be good for him.
    yeah it will its a great way for him to meet new friends aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deiseabu

Hi Mozatack

I would recommend Villa FC for your young lad, very good and friendly set up, they train at 9.30 on Saturday mornings on the astro pitch in Newtown school.

Hope this is of some help to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Another one recommending Villa. The academy is for 5 - 9 year olds and is very well run. My soccer mad younger son is now in the school boy league but went throught the academy.

The focus is on all children enjoying the game irrespective of their ability and giving all children a chance to play unlike another club nearer to me that went on who the child was.

Also look out for the street leagues which is run over the spring and summer to get children out playing and making friends in their area, there may be one in your area. The Waterford Sports Partnership are over it and would have all the details. It's not a club but it's about trying to establish community sport and the coaches are trained and garda vetted.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

I would go with the Villa 1 , Id stay away from bohs as I recently heard a bad story in which they basically told a parent to keep the child away next week to see if he would miss it cause he dosent seem intrested :( also heard De la Salle are good with kids too.

Advertisement