Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To all the anglers out there..advice please!

Options
  • 15-02-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hey All,

I'm living in Galway for the last year or so, I haven't got a chance to do a bit of fishing yet.
    I'm from SE clare, living on the Shannon. Used to be quite into the course/pike, had a salmon license for the last couple of years. I own a throwrod (not into fly-fishing yet!)

I'm based in the Doughiska area now, and was just wondering where is a handy/good place to do a bit of fishing! Preferrably within a 30 minute drive

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Always see a few out the Headford road, the first river you come to there are usually people fishing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

The Clare river just outside Claregalway village for coarse.
    If you can afford it, the Salmon Weir!
    There are a few different lakes on the Clifden road between Galway and Moycullen, Ballyquirke and Ross Lake...good pike fishing.
    If you can rent a boat go up the Corrib. Past the cut is usually best...get there for mayfly season.
    Mackerel fishing on the prom in september and august.
    Deep sea fishing off Spiddal if you fancy chartering a boat.

best bet is to go into Freeneys and Duffys and ask them where to go. They are usually very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kotva

there is a good spot on corrib river at the menlo grave yard (i know is silly but it's works) for pike and trout

Advertisement