Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving out of parents house

Options
  • 15-02-2010 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi me and my girlfriend are thinking of moving in together and i was just wondering what would be the rough amount we would have to pay each month on bills such as , ESB, phone,internet,food all of the stuff which i took for granted at home.
    All help would be great and any other things that have to be paid please let me no.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Bolded a few things you don't have on your list.

Home insurance (not got a new one recently but say 20 a month perhaps)
    Internet and phone, around 40+ EUR a month excluding calls
    Food (inc. toilet paper etc.), I'd say 150 to 200+ per person and month depending on how willing you two are to cook your own meals
    Gas and electricity will obviously depend on where you're moving in but lets say 100 to 150 EUR a month
    Bus tickets/taxi/gas/insurance to work/friends (zero to hundreds)
    Garbage tags/bin charge (around 10 to 30 a month)
    TV license (150? a year)
    Community charges (depends on where you're renting if this is applicable or not and the price varies greatly on how much lawn to be cut etc.)
    Furniture & cutlery (this is not a one time cost as things break/you decide to get more etc.)

Also keep in mind you'll need to have a cash safety as well for unexpected things that may go wrong. I'd recommend at least 1.000 EUR that you have as emergency cash for things in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Family of 4, rural location, cold winter. Ave. monthly costs over the last year.

PAYE
    € 921.03
    Mortgage
    € 630.00
    Oil
    € 166.67
    Electric
    € 60.00
    Gas
    € 9.58
    Car Tax
    € 66.67
    Car Repairs
    € 166.67
    Car Insurance--€ 66.67
    Petrol
    € 260.00
    Food
    € 563.33
    Phones
    € 40.00
    Internet
    € 50.00
    Clothing
    € 200.00

We dont have sky tv.
    Have 2 cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accomodation & Property (best suited there I think)

dudara

Advertisement