Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pub food?

Options
  • 15-02-2010 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

New to this forum and thinking of taking a nice drive at the weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere to stop in at Greystones? We would love to stop at a nice pub that does good reasonably priced food and we would like the laid back atmosphere of a pub rather than a restaurant.

Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

i think the food in the burnaby (main st greystones) is quite nice, i dunno id the wicklow arms (deglany) still does food or not but it used to also be quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

I agree, Burnaby is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Yum thanks guys! Any idea what kind of food they serve and price range? Do they have chicken wings? (I'm slightly obsessed mmmmm)

I don't recall Chick Wings being on the menu.

Have you tried them at Elephant and Castle in Templebar, now thats Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Have you tried them at Elephant and Castle in Templebar, now thats Yum!

Have to agree. Their Croque Monsieur is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

Have to disagree with previous posters -- have never had a good meal in the Burnaby, and it's a pretty soulless space, in my opinion. I can't immediately think of anywhere else to recommend unfortunately, we are very well served in Greystones in terms of restaurants, not so much in terms of pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

GAN wrote: »
    Have to disagree with previous posters -- have never had a good meal in the Burnaby, and it's a pretty soulless space, in my opinion. I can't immediately think of anywhere else to recommend unfortunately, we are very well served in Greystones in terms of restaurants, not so much in terms of pubs.
    agree 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

Downstairs in the Hungry Monk in the wine bar. Excellent food and wines. Never sure of the opening times though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

I agree on the Burnaby, rubbish food. if you are looking for great pub food and YES they do chicken wings you will have to go to The Mollys in Kilcoole. The food is excellent & reasonable priced. The pub is clean, welcoming and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend especially the burger, chicken curry and steak :)

Also opening hours are Mon - Sat 4pm - 9pm & Sun 1pm - 7pm

http://www.sundayworld.com/pub-spy/index.php?aid=3024

Totally agree with Dublin Chick, the Molly's is a great place to eat.

It's Kilcoole, Glenroe doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Agree, about the Burnaby, read about my last experience there
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57517129#post57517129
    , never went back.

The Carvery in Lees in Kilcoole is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

Agree, about the Burnaby, read about my last experience there
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57517129#post57517129
    , never went back.

The Carvery in Lees in Kilcoole is very good.

I agree on Lees... excellent food there!

The food in Lee's is not good IMO. I have tried it several times and have been greatly disappointed. Really after the quality of the food and the service in the Molly's why anyone would choose to eat there?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭heviballs

The food in Lee's is not good IMO. I have tried it several times and have been greatly disappointed. Really after the quality of the food and the service in the Molly's why anyone would choose to eat there?? :)

agree with ya,Molly's is the best around,Joe the chef is very good,however on a Sunday Lee's carvery is fine and when you consider you ge a free kids meal with every adult meal bought(€10),that's serious value not to be missed

Yeah Joe the chef is legendary and they have a roast joint on Sundays now too. €10 and free kids meal still would not get me into Lee's again would much rather stretch the extra bit. After all going out is supposed to be a treat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

I was hoping Lee`s food was still good! I was speaking from experience from visits to Lees about a year ago, and was planning on re-visiting them next go around... Oh well, back to the drawing board!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Clodagh84 wrote: »
    I was hoping Lee`s food was still good! I was speaking from experience from visits to Lees about a year ago, and was planning on re-visiting them next go around... Oh well, back to the drawing board!
    Never had a bad meal there, speaking about the carvery not the bar menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭heviballs

Yeah Joe the chef is legendary and they have a roast joint on Sundays now too. €10 and free kids meal still would not get me into Lee's again would much rather stretch the extra bit. After all going out is supposed to be a treat :)

bully for you mate,there's not much in the difference on Sunday in terms of quality,eating out for me isn't a treat really as we eat out at least twice a week

just back from a super lunch in Pattaya thai in cabinteely,€10 for 3 courses and the food is quality,worth a try if your out that way,also do a lunch on Sunday for €13 for 3 couses

btw are scent asian still doing an all you eat on Sunday's,was there a while back and some of the rugby lads were there and it really was like feeding time at the zoo

Asian Scent Garden is personally the worst Restaurant my wife and I have ever been too. After 17 years of travel and work, its no.1 on our S**t list.

Processed sliced ham and Uncle Ben's Noodles. Frankly shocking. Avoid like the plague.

Pattaya Thai is indeed lovely and good value.

Advertisement