Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 110 Nogueira v Velasquez Predictions

• 15-02-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Really looking forward to a few fights in this one, nogueira v velasquez, bisping v wandi.

Not really a betting card, I feel it could go either way in the above two fights, jardine v bader and I think sotiropoluous will give stevenson a good fight but my heart is saying stevenson.

UFC110-poster.jpg

Main Card:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    vs. Cain Velasquez

Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping

Joe Stevenson
    vs. George Sotiropoulos

Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Ben Rothwell

Preliminary Card:

Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman

Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski

Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster

C.B. Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic

James Te-Huna
    vs. Igor Pokrajac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

what time is this showing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Its a great card..

I think that both Valasquez and Bisping will be ko'd in the 2nd round.

I agree with your other predictions except for Lytle.
    Hope CB Dollaway gets a kicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

what time is this showing?

Think its the same time as normal 3am

@Sean, I think lytle could win I thought it was a tough one too call. I think foster won impressively his last fight against brock larson didn't he? will have to look back at it.

some great fights though, really looking forwward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Ben Rothwell is 6/4 with paddy power.... does anyone else think that's great odds considering what Cro-Cop has shown us in his last few fights?

edit - he's down to 5/4 actually. he was 6/4 last week. they have me sussed out i think

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Ben Rothwell is 6/4 with paddy power.... does anyone else think that's great odds considering what Cro-Cop has shown us in his last few fights?

edit - he's down to 5/4 actually. he was 6/4 last week. they have me sussed out i think

If you bet on that fight, your bet would be VOID as he's down to fight flipovic and not Cro Cop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

sonic.trip wrote: »
    If you bet on that fight, your bet would be VOID as he's down to fight flipovic and not Cro Cop

Thats his second name. Cro Cop is his nick name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic is his name, the cro cop is his nickname

Beaten to it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Thats a nice lookin card.. Savage main event.

I would not be surprised if bisping is ko'd again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Don't give Cain a chance again Nog in this. Big step up in class when compared to his previous opponents. Doesn't have the power to stop Nog IMO and if he takes Nog down I can see Nog submitting him off his back or sweeping him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez

Michael Bisping vs. Wanderlai Silva

Joe Stevenson
    vs. George Sotiropoulos

Ryan Bader vs. Keith Jardine

Ben Rothwell vs. Mirko Cro Cop

I think Ben Rothwell will beat Cro Cop, he really looks past it at this stage, as does Wanderlai I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

i want cro cop to win this so badly, mainly because i want rothwell to get cut, never liked him and he brings nothing to the table imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Main Card:

Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos

Preliminary Card:

James Te-Huna vs. Igor Pokrajac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I have to go to Bisping as well. Wanderlei Silva has been dodgy for a while now (three years?) so I would have no faith in him winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Main Card:

Preliminary Card:

Ya know, I really think Wand/Bisping could go either way and it all depends on how Wand fights. He needs to fight smarter than he has been and use his legs! He seems to be more interested in going out and banging than worrying about winning or not. Saying that, Bisping's chin has proven to be pretty suspect and I don't think he has the power to KO Wand with a single shot. I think if Bisping wins, it will be by decision or a stoppage in the later rounds due to cumulative strikes.

A slick Nog submission, a LHK KO for Mirko and a KO due to knee strikes from Wand - it'd be like Pride all over again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I can't wait for 110, i'm going to be at it. Seats waren't great as the website site was hit pretty hard on the morning of sales.

If anybosy wants to make a bet on these let me know,

Main Card:

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Ben Rothwell (this match is closest on the main card imo)

Preliminary Card:

Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman (should be an esy win, haseman is a mug)

i've no opinion either way on the rest, no point in randomly picking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Preliminary Card:

Really looking forward to this card, most fights are very close to call and could go either way

Fromvert wrote: »
    Thats his second name. Cro Cop is his nick name.

learn something new everyday :D

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - too experienced

Wanderlei Silva - please god

Joe Stevenson

Keith Jardine

Mirko Cro Cop - for old time sake

Preliminary Card:

Elvis Sinosic

Stephan Bonnar

Chris Lytle

C.B. Dollaway

James Te-Huna (guess)

God I hope Bisping gets a good shoeing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Martian Martin

:pac: You shouldn't really try to make others look like they made a mistake.
    1. It's not nice and 2. You look even more silly when you say something like the above.

:pac: You shouldn't really try to make others look like they made a mistake.
    1. It's not nice and 2. You look even more silly when you say something like the above.

1. I didn't intend to make others look stupid, I thought they were 2 different mirkos. I was simply trying to state if Gerard.C was betting it would be void. It was an honest mistake.

2.I said I you learn something new every day to the posts that corrected me.

3.Why are you trying to make something out of nothing?

• Advertisement

... yeah.

So what do ye think, betting with yer brains and not yer hearts now, does Cro-Cop have it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Gerard.C wrote: »
    ... yeah.

So what do ye think, betting with yer brains and not yer hearts now, does Cro-Cop have it?

i think he has the skills, but from his last few outings to me he dosent have the heart for it.

He just dosent seem ''up'' for it.

I think he has enough to beat Rothwell. He really is in the bottom tier of UFC HW's in fairness. Hopefully Mirko's new training camp serves him well. Looking back on the JDS fight, even though he was pretty much dominated, Mirko still managed to land some tough shots and bust Junior's face up a bit, so he can still find the target. I think Mirko has just failed to cope with the pressure fighters put on him in UFC, there's no fear factor there anymore. He always seemed to do better when his opponents didn't come straight for him and were happy to circle for a bit to avoid those kicks. That just doesn't happen anymore. As said, hopefully his new trainer and camp sorts him out for this. If he can't beat Big Ben, he really needs to hang up the gloves.

I read an interview from Overeem yesterday where Overeem invited Cro Cop to join his camp. He said Mirko's decision to train with Ivan Hyppolite was a bad move as he doesn't need a kickboxing coach - he needs an MMA coach. Fair point from Overeem, and I couldn't see how a move to Golden Glory would do anything but help Cro Cop. Would loved to have seen that move happen a after the Gonzaga fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Jayo_M wrote: »

I read an interview from Overeem yesterday where Overeem invited Cro Cop to join his camp. He said Mirko's decision to train with Ivan Hyppolite was a bad move as he doesn't need a kickboxing coach - he needs an MMA coach. Fair point from Overeem, and I couldn't see how a move to Golden Glory would do anything but help Cro Cop. Would loved to have seen that move happen a after the Gonzaga fight.

Maybe Overeem just wants the chance to kick him in the nuts again ;)
    I agree totally though, could only serve to help, much as I love cro cop I just cant see him winning this fight unless he has found some of the old spark :(

Like others want to see Bisping lying flat out, he has a face you could never tire of punching doesn't he :D I think he'll get a decision over wadi though :(

Cro Cop should go to light heavy.

Dont know why he hasn't

He said before the he sees Light Heavy as a 'lesser' division, not just in terms of weight but in terms of prestige. He sees the heavyweight title as the ultimate championship and sees a drop in weight as a step down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't wait for this one! Wanna see Big Nog breeze through Cain and when Mir gets beat by Lesnar again (I'm actually mad to see Mir beat Lesnar) I want Nog to take on Lesnar. That would be my ultimate fight at the moment.

Will be classic if Bisping gets KO'd again.
    I would cry with joy if Cro Cop finshed the fight with a kick to the noggin.

I also think Bader could take Jardine. Wouldn't mind checking out odds for Bader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i think cain is gonna beat nog. his work rate is phenomenal, which i think will be too much for big nog and his tenacity will carry him through. velasquez to win on points.
    i really want wandy to ko bisping

I think you could be spot on about Cain winning on points. It's not Pride, takedowns score so much in UFC it's not even funny. If Cain can take him down, land a few shots from guard and avoid the submissions (big ask there!) he could definitely take the fight. Another worry is how willing Nog is to take punishment while someone is in his guard. This could fly in Japan seeing as the refs generally allowed Nog to take big unanswered shots due to his reputation, but we've seen time and time again how quick refs are to jump in and call the fight after 3 or 4 heavy shots. It will be something Nog will have to be wary about. Looking back on it, his fight with Fedor where he was getting pummeled on his back would not have been allowed go the distance if it had been in the UFC.

Still think he's going to pull out a nice submission :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sorry if this was already posted but here is a preview to Countdown 110 about the Nog Valasquez fight

http://www.heavy.com/video/ufc-110-velasquez-vs-nogueira-10-minute-preview-77955

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DCJR

since ufc 100 every card has been extremely poor imo, its just gone about downhill culminating in the embarrassing couture coleman card.

but i can say i am genuinely psyched for every ufc event right up until 113.

stacked card this wknd, then two title fights at both 111 and 112, machida shogun rematch at 113, and then a couple of impressive fight night and versus cards thrown into the mix aswell. thank you dana.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A lot of pre-show activity in this thread for it only being a Tuesday which is a nice sign.
    DCJR wrote: »
    since ufc 100 every card has been extremely poor imo, its just gone about downhill culminating in the embarrassing couture coleman card.

I disagree what about 101 & 107

This one is pretty stacked on levels of UFC 100 & 92

Watched that video this morning of Nog doing speed and agility work. He looks in great shape and to have trained very hard for this fight. I like Cain but i'll never cheer against nog.

Watched that video this morning of Nog doing speed and agility work. He looks in great shape and to have trained very hard for this fight. I like Cain but i'll never cheer against nog.

I agree. There's a lot of people I'd like to see Cain beat, Nog isnt one of them though, he's too much of a hero!

Thanks for the tips about Ben and Cro-Cop lads, I'm probably going to stick a few bob on Rothwell. I'll share if i win big enough :cool:

Cro cop has had some really tough opponents in his career, Rothwell is a good step - down in competition for him. I think he can win this.

• Advertisement

NOG is a true great - just don't think Cain will be able to handle his technique

Plus I don't see anyone gassing NOG

NOG has always been one of my favourite's. Just wish he had developed better wrestling

I think Nog will have too much experience for Cain, he's 32-5 and a legend and cain is only 7-0. I think the experience will win it for him. I think Cro Cop will take rothwell.

I love joe stevenson but that ozzy dude is a tough competitor, i think a little side bet @ 21/10 it might be worth a tenner but stevenosn might be too experienced also,

I love betting on UFC and have won a nice few quid over the months but this card is proving too tough too call for an accumulator

I might do one nog, stevenson, wandi and jardine and then do one with the total opposite it could go that way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

As an old PRIDE fan i always try and shout for the old hero's.

Nog, Wandi and Cro Cop all to win,

other than that , i'd like to see Bonner get a victory.

Interesting fight between Bader and Jardine too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

For anyone who's going to the Q&A with Dana on Friday (Mellor ;))

Can you do us all a favour here and get up and ask this question

"When are you coming back to Dublin, Lots of people need to know"

Pin the fcuker down and make sure he answers, that should put paid to all discussion on here about if and when

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Can't wait for this, best card in a long time :) Big fan of Velasquez, would like to see him do the business, but Nog probably is too experienced

Would also like to see Silva bash Bisping, but can't see it really unless he's upped his game. He's just not as intimidating as the Pride days, looks a bit frail to me :( Come on Wandi, get those knees goin

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

scudzilla wrote: »

Pin the fcuker down and make sure he answers, that should put paid to all discussion on here about if and when

Dana: "We're coming"

:rolleyes:
    Dave! wrote: »
    Would also like to see Silva bash Bisping, but can't see it really unless he's upped his game. He's just not as intimidating as the Pride days, looks a bit frail to me :( Come on Wandi, get those knees goin

Then you'll be happy to know the word on the street (well the Tough Talk podcast) says that Silva has been walking around with THAT look in his eyes and has been acting all animalistic for the first time in his UFC stint for whatever reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

[QUOTE=rovert;64501262Silva has been walking around with THAT look in his eyes and has been acting all animalistic for the first time in his UFC stint for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

Could be one to watch from the safety of behind the sofa so :eek:, I hope you're right, wandi has looked out of sorts in recent times, and I think he needs this win.

I love joe stevenson but that ozzy dude is a tough competitor, i think a little side bet @ 21/10 it might be worth a tenner but stevenosn might be too experienced also,
    The ozzy guy is no-where near Joe Daddy's level. He is only on the card as its in sydney.

Good idea, i'll do my best.

4 days - - can't wait

I disagree. Sotiropoulos has looked amazing since he moved down to 155. His jujitsu is some of the most exciting I have seen. Joe is a tough test but I think George could pull this off. Really looking forward to this one.

Against George Roop and Jason Dent. Not exactly the same as Stevenson last few (BJ, Kenflo, Tibau, Sanchez, Diaz.....and I know he lost some of them :D)

Don't get me wrong Souvlaki deserves a shot at higher ranked guys. And he might get a sub win, which would put him up the top of the division. I just think joe daddy has always suffered by being best of the left overs, this will show it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mellor wrote: »
    Against George Roop and Jason Dent. Not exactly the same as Stevenson last few (BJ, Kenflo, Tibau, Sanchez, Diaz.....and I know he lost some of them :D)

Don't get me wrong Souvlaki deserves a shot at higher ranked guys. And he might get a sub win, which would put him up the top of the division. I just think joe daddy has always suffered by being best of the left overs, this will show it again

I can see Joe turning into the LW Gatekeeper, good enough to beat the the lower ranked guys but not good enough for the top ranked.

So are you gonna ask Dana about a Dublin event? And make sure ya push him for an answer.

Little hint here, tell him you've travelled over from Dublin especially for the event and would it be possible for ya to go backstage to meet the fighters, i'd bet 100euro he lets ya, he's done it before when people have said it's there birthday!!

So are you gonna ask Dana about a Dublin event? And make sure ya push him for an answer.

Little hint here, tell him you've travelled over from Dublin especially for the event and would it be possible for ya to go backstage to meet the fighters, i'd bet 100euro he lets ya, he's done it before when people have said it's there birthday!!
    Yeah, i'll ask him about a dublin event, I reckon i'll try to tie it it with the first time in Oz

"The UFC is making it's debut in Sydney, and has been met with a great reception from fans. Dublin had a similar debut at UFC 93, and every one at home wants to know when will the UFC be returning to Dublin?"

I'll chance asking about backstage, hopefully the Q & A is a bit empty, fight club fans being limited out here due to the debut and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

I realy think the Velasquez will beat Nog, I think with his non-stop pressure it will wear Nog down. I think it'll be a points win.

I hope Wandy shuts Bisping up like Hendo did.

As said before CroCop's heart is not in the fighting at all , should become a trainer.

Dave! wrote: »
    Can't wait for this, best card in a long time :) Big fan of Velasquez, would like to see him do the business, but Nog probably is too experienced

rovert wrote: »

Then you'll be happy to know the word on the street (well the Tough Talk podcast) says that Silva has been walking around with THAT look in his eyes and has been acting all animalistic for the first time in his UFC stint for whatever reason.

NOTHING would make me happpier than if Wand did this to Bisping:

I'm really excited about this weekends card unlike the card 2 weeks ago which I was underwhelmed with before, during and after.

Predictions for the main card:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez - Nog by superior boxing and BJJ. I expect Cain to get takedowns but get swept. I think this fight will bring Cain into far deeper waters than ever before and Nogs experience in such fights will get him the W.

Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping - Wanderlei by destruction I hope!

Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos - Joe by guillotine!

Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader - I'm going with Bader by either KO or Lay and pray decision.

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Ben Rothwell - At this stage I just don't see Mirko beating anybody in the top 20. Sad and all as it is to say. I'll be rooting for him but I think Big Ben will take it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement