Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 110 Nogueira v Velasquez Predictions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez - Nog by superior boxing and BJJ. I expect Cain to get takedowns but get swept. I think this fight will bring Cain into far deeper waters than ever before and Nogs experience in such fights will get him the W..

+10000000000000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 rooneyboy

i think cain will win by unanimous decision and bisping by tko, dont all gang up now, this is just my honest opinion, very though fights though.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

rooneyboy wrote: »
    i think cain will win by unanimous decision and bisping by tko, dont all gang up now, this is just my honest opinion, very though fights though.:)

No its very possible mate, although I think the experience will be the key here.

Its so tight on the nog v cain fight that PP has nog the favourite at 4/5 and boyles have cain the fav

you can get nog @ even money on boyles by the way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Id be alot more confident of nog winning over 5 rounds. As its just over 3 I think cain has a good shot at decisioning him. Its a fascinating fight anyway, I hope nog pulls its off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Im very surprised so many on here are giving it to Nog, I dont think he has the speed or reaction timing to do anything to Cain, wont be able to stop takedowns and apart from maybe a submission from Nog I can see Cain i stuffing it, Il be surprised if nog can stick with the pace Cain will set, Im going for Cain by stoppage in the 3rd. Also going for Bisping by unanimous dec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

I'm surprised many favor Cain. NOG has been in their with the best of the best and proven himself on many occassions.

I really hope we see him back in with Mir fit nd healthy. If he gets the same bashing I will be more than happy to accept it, but I don't beleive he should have been in the ring for that fight

I'm surprised many favor Cain. NOG has been in their with the best of the best and proven himself on many occassions.

I really hope we see him back in with Mir fit nd healthy. If he gets the same bashing I will be more than happy to accept it, but I don't beleive he should have been in the ring for that fight

In fairness Nog was great, but if we sit back and look he hasnt been exactly putting on a show since he came to the UFC, he submitted Tim Sylvia and apart from that he hasnt really done a lot in my opinion, Frank Mir put on a show against him and his performance against Randy was ok. I really think Cain is a new breed of fighter and Unless Nog pulls off a quick submission he really has no hope of winning this fight

EDIT: I love the way all these things come out after he gets a beating (oh i wasnt myself at all i was fighting staph infection etc etc), simple matter is if he wasnt fit and healthy for the Mir fight he would have not fought, simple as! He got mauled in that fight and i think the very same would happen again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Tones69 wrote: »
    his performance against Randy was ok.

very harsh imo!

thought he looked excellent

danlen wrote: »
    very harsh imo!

thought he looked excellent

He looked good for that fight but that wont get him anywhere near the 3 guys in the HW, I honestly think Cain will be too much for him, Brock would be too much, Mir too much for him etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,616 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

sonic.trip wrote: »
    you can get nog @ even money on boyles by the way :D
    Have him at 2s on Betfair, was happy to get the bet on. He has dropped now I think
    I really think Cain is a new breed of fighter and Unless Nog pulls off a quick submission he really has no hope of winning this fight
    I love the way people make these statements before the fight.
    If you think he has no chance, I'll have 100 euro at 5-1 please.
    EDIT: I love the way all these things come out after he gets a beating (oh i wasnt myself at all i was fighting staph infection etc etc), simple matter is if he wasnt fit and healthy for the Mir fight he would have not fought, simple as! He got mauled in that fight and i think the very same would happen again
    That's nonsense. He wasn't 100% imo
    Are you saying if you knew you were 80% or so, you'd walk away and throw away the $250k you were getting to step into the ring.
    He looked good for that fight but that wont get him anywhere near the 3 guys in the HW, I honestly think Cain will be too much for him, Brock would be too much, Mir too much for him etc
    Nog is a perfect example of why the HW div is too wide. THe champ will be 250+ for a long time imo.
    Nog would crush a 225 division

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

was anderson silva not announced for ufc 110 a while back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Fracture wrote: »
    was anderson silva not announced for ufc 110 a while back?

No, he's at 112 in Abu Dhabi, title fight against Demian Maia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Jayo_M wrote: »
    Main Card:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez

Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping

Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos

Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Ben Rothwell

Preliminary Card:

Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman

Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski

Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster

C.B. Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic

James Te-Huna vs. Igor Pokrajac

Ya know, I really think Wand/Bisping could go either way and it all depends on how Wand fights. He needs to fight smarter than he has been and use his legs! He seems to be more interested in going out and banging than worrying about winning or not. Saying that, Bisping's chin has proven to be pretty suspect and I don't think he has the power to KO Wand with a single shot. I think if Bisping wins, it will be by decision or a stoppage in the later rounds due to cumulative strikes.

A slick Nog submission, a LHK KO for Mirko and a KO due to knee strikes from Wand - it'd be like Pride all over again!

Since when does getting pinged by dan hendersons right hand make his chin suspect? Henderson has massive power and i would commend any fighter to to take the punch that bisping got tagged with and stay standing....

For what its worth i think Wanderlei is done and will be having a nice bet on Bisping to stick and move his way to a wide points decision....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Main Card:

Preliminary Card:

Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman

Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski

Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster

C.B. Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic

James Te-Huna vs. Igor Pokrajac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Main Card:

Submission rd 2
    TKO rd 3
    GnP rd 1
    Decision win
    KO rd 1
    Bold to win..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Since when does getting pinged by dan hendersons right hand make his chin suspect? Henderson has massive power and i would commend any fighter to to take the punch that bisping got tagged with and stay standing....

For what its worth i think Wanderlei is done and will be having a nice bet on Bisping to stick and move his way to a wide points decision....

Getting dropped by Hendo doesn't make it suspect, but getting dropped so early in his fight right after with Kang does (credit where it's due for surviving it, though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Yes but Nog was ill for that fight and undoubtably it had a big bearing on his performance when you see how sluggish he was compared to the Couture fight. Fighters often pull out with injury from fights but sometimes they do try to fight through illness and it's usually not a good idea but they still do it because some fighters are stubborn and think they can do it. You might get away with it if you have mild flu but not with a staph infection.

:confused:

Just so you know, it was Dana who revealed the staph, not Nog. And he didn't fight with staph, he was HOSPITALISED with it about 6 weeks out from the fight. It's all available from a quick google. Mir looked great because Nog was lumbering, slow and immobile. He wasn't any of those things against Couture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Jayo_M wrote: »
    Getting dropped by Hendo doesn't make it suspect, but getting dropped so early in his fight right after with Kang does (credit where it's due for surviving it, though).

Couldnt disagree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Just watched the countdown show. Very much looking forward to this card. I think Nog will just be too much for Cain. 2nd round submission. I hope Wand gives Bisping a good hiding! And maybe throw in a soccer kick for old times sake!

What time will it be shown live in europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Wandy vs Bisping is gettin nasty, check out the 3rd video of the press conference, now that Wandy is back with his old trainer I hope he can bring back the good times

McLink

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

That press conference was hilarious Bisping seemed to be well wound up by Wandai claiming all the fighters hate him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Links people links

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Links people links
    Look 2 posts up...

Links people links

www.ufc.com is a start

Its all mind games and I hope it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 rooneyboy

im gona have me a wee 20 sterlin accumilator on valasquez, bisping, stevenson, bader and rothwell, should return quite a bit of beer tokens for sunday,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Cain & Silva - decision wins, Crocop & Bader - KO wins.
    I don't know enough about the other fighters
    I'll guess Sotoropolis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

looks like cro cop should have a handy enough win with rothwell now out:(

dicey1664 wrote: »
    looks like cro cop should have a handy enough win with rothwell now out:(

I think the guy who is replacing is the training partner of Elvis "Rock and Rumble", I was going to check out there gym a while ago but never bothered

Elvis is out too, his match with Haseman is cancelled, no step in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Anthony Perosh stepping in to replace Rothwell. Fair play to the guy for taking a match with Cro Cop with a few days notice. If he manages to pull out a win it would be a great a way to make a name for yourself.
    I still see Cro Crop winning though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

So... will paddy power refund my bet on Rothwell or whats the craic?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    So... will paddy power refund my bet on Rothwell or whats the craic?

if you bet online you should have the money back as the bet would be void, but it hasn't changed yet so they won't prob cop it til later, they are usually quick at refunding void bets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Cro cop has received a bad cut above the eye which has required stitches, itll probably be opened up in the fight, bad news for cro cop :(.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=3973

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

suprised how many of you guys go for nog also.
    Dont think itll be pretty but i think cain will wear
    out nog and probably win by unanimous decision.

was keen on rothwell also but thats gone.

Bisbing was 5s on points a few days back which i
    thought was huge but ill give it a miss at 3/1
    please let me be wrong on this one

Velasquez
    bisbing...hope im wrong
    bader
    sotiropoulous think it will be close but i just think hes overpriced at 2s
    Krzysztof Soszynski looks a formality to me, think hes too tough
    for bonner who hasnt really beaten anybody in years.
    Not sure of the rest..hope lytle wins and i hope dolloway
    gets his hole kicked.

For betting purposes now that rothwell is out ill be having
    a decent bet on the velasquez soszynski double 10/11+1/2
    my head says to put in bader also but jardine will be the
    toughest guy hes faced so far so ill be happy to watch that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Niall0 wrote: »
    Cro cop has received a bad cut above the eye which has required stitches, itll probably be opened up in the fight, bad news for cro cop :(.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=3973
    I choose to take his decision to still fight as a return of the killer instinct and a return of the "Right Leg - Hospital, Left Leg - Cemetery" attitude.Yep, old Mirkos back.:cool:

Shush.Im an optimist and a nut-hugger when it comes to CroCop:o

mailburner wrote: »
    suprised how many of you guys go for nog also. Dont think itll be pretty but i think cain will wear
    out nog and probably win by unanimous decision.

He has 5 fights in the UFC, 3 against lesser known oponents. He's fighting Noguiera who is a legend with 32-10 or something and has fought some of the best fighters in the world. I'm suprised your even wondering why most are going for Nog. Can't wait to see who's right on Sun Morning though :) BRING IT ON!!

I'm going to snap up the even money on boyles and do my bets now

He has 5 fights in the UFC, 3 against lesser known oponents. He's fighting Noguiera who is a legend with 32-10 or something and has fought some of the best fighters in the world. I'm suprised your even wondering why most are going for Nog. Can't wait to see who's right on Sun Morning though :) BRING IT ON!!
    32-5-1(1) actually and those losses only to Mir,Barnett,Hendo(in rings.weird rules) & Fedor(x2):cool:
    Nog all the way on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

unknown fighters--congo.rothwell.

He said 5 in UFC,3 against lesser known.Congo & Rothwell would be the 2 known.
    i dont like math at this time on a friday :(

• Advertisement

He said 5 in UFC,3 against lesser known.Congo & Rothwell would be the 2 known.
    i dont like math at this time on a friday :(

Spot on ultimate chin, there is only one way to sort this problem out and that's to throw them both in the ring :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭markfightie

My guesses for tonight:

Nogueira
    Bisping
    Jardine
    Cro Cop
    Lytle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd better stay out of this thread from now on, it'll probably be a few days before I get to see the fights :(

I'm going to snap up the even money on boyles and do my bets now

bring it on!
    cant wait
    velas has beaten whove theyve put in front of him very easily (albeit nobodys)
    whilst nog imo has only looked good against randy.
    sylvia was miles ahead until he got caught late on by nog.
    I was all over the 13/8 on slyvia so that hurt a bit.
    it wont be pretty but unless nog can somehow submit him
    i just dont see how hes gonna avoid the takedowns.
    i would rather see nog win as i hate velasquez style of fighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thats the beauty of Nog, punch him in the face all day long, sooner or later he will grab your punch and break your arm.

I just watched the Countdown 110, I...Cant...Wait!!!! weigh-in in 2 and a half hours live on UFC.COM

They summed it up perfectly for Nog/Cain. It's gonna come down to Ground & Pound Vs. Submission attempts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

reading on Sherdog that rumours are going around from reliable sources that Cain Velasquez is going into the fight with a neck injury...

I had Nog via Guillotine choke anyways :)

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    reading on Sherdog that rumours are going around from reliable sources that Cain Velasquez is going into the fight with a neck injury...

I had Nog via Guillotine choke anyways :)

can you post the link?

i cant find anything about it there

hmmm interesting, I had the choke picked as well lol

mailburner wrote: »
    can you post the link?

i cant find anything about it there

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/rumor-cain-has-neck-injury-1153067/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Just watched the weigh in, I'm really looking forward to the Silva v Bisping fight now! They were right in each others faces, Dana pretty much had to seperate them.

I can't help thinking this is Wanderlai's plan...to pump Bisping up so he comes out swinging instead of sticking to his game plan. That way it's easier for Wanderlai to knock him out.

Just back from the Arena, Wandy Bisping is shaping up to be a brawl, Brilliant athmosphere.

Brag: Got to meet Randy Couture

After seeing the fighters in person, Kristoff is a lock, he is in fantastic shape, huge improvment from TUF

• Advertisement
Advertisement