Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 110 Nogueira v Velasquez Predictions

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    my main bets is velasq+krystop sozy...
    accum velasq kryst silva sotirop reljic

and a small double bisb on poinst and velas on points 5/2+9/4

think if velasq wins itll be on points so thats looks value to me.
    better men have tried and failed to finish nog

OUCH!

guess i underestimated dolloway bigtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Even most of the experts on sherdog were going for nogeira which
    surprised me and probably put me off putting more on velasquez
    than i had originally intended.
    cant wait to see who cain gets next......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Reljic cost me a nice bit for the accum sadly
    the rest went quite well
    as for cain velasquez...wow! wasnt expecting that
    some price on sotiroupolous for points tho

My 3 main bets were method victory...which I got wrong but picked the winners :rolleyes:

Anyway, had a football treble yesterday and another today so Im about £90 up for w'end:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Even most of the experts on sherdog were going for nogeira which
    surprised me and probably put me off putting more on velasquez
    than i had originally intended.
    cant wait to see who cain gets next......

It shouldnt surprise you the editoral line is PRIDE fighter nuthugging typically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

dissapointed for Bisping..had high hopes for him going into the fight :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Any news on Ben Fosters knee? Nice sub but looked nasty for the poor guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

My take on the fights

Nog v Cain - I had Nog to win this, but only just, what a KO, surely throwing Cain to the top of the HW pile now, made it look so easy.

Silva v Bisping - Before the decision i really couldn't make my mind up, i think that the strong finishes at end of rounds 2 & 3 gave Silva the judges win, if there had been an extra 10 seconds o either of thos rounds then Silva would have finished it, the huge sigh of relief on Bispings face at the end of Round 2 said it all.
    I also thought that Wandy seemed to be looking for the haymaker KO punch too much, a more accomplished puncher than Bisping would have made him pay dearly.

Stevenson v Storidopolous (whatever) Awesome display from George, i'm thinking that this confirms that Joe is now the LW Gatekeeper.

CroCop wasn't convincing at all, yeah he won, but the guy was a very low quality fighter and the win didn't answer any questions on CroCop, to me it even threw more questions in there.

Bader had a great win, Jardine is a pretty difficult opponent.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I just love watching Keith Jardine get his ass handed to him. Does this make me a bad person?
    He has this "psycho tough guy/mentalist" thing going on and I love seeing him get his ass kicked.

Really hope Cain gets a shot off Lesnar now.

edit: Just noticed the next Lesnar bout is the winner of the Mir/Carwin bout. hard to believe Mir could be getting another shot off Lesnar so soon.

Kazooie wrote: »
    Any news on Ben Fosters knee?

As far as I know he was dropped by man utd cause he's crap.....now as far as Brain Foster goes....well I dunno, but it looked very nasty the way it bent last night :eek:

Hope no serious damage.
    jayteecork wrote: »
    I just love watching Keith Jardine get his ass handed to him. Does this make me a bad person?
    He has this "psycho tough guy/mentalist" thing going on and I love seeing him get his ass kicked.

edit: Just noticed the next Lesnar bout is the winner of the Mir/Carwin bout. hard to believe Mir could be getting another shot off Lesnar so soon.

I get bit tired of Jardine, was happy to see Bader beat him last night.

Why should Mir not get the chance if he beats Carwin? Lesnar got another shot at Mir having only fought once since Mir beat him, so IF Mir wins against Carwin he will have fought and won twice. I think Velasquez will have another fight then taken on winner of Lesnar V Mir/Carwin. Although did read today IF Mir or Carwin get injured or can not fight by mid summer(for whatever reason) then Cain will get a chance

jayteecork wrote: »

Cain has been put on standby for a shot at Lesnar, IF Mir or Carwin are not fit to fight Lesnar pretty soon then Cain will get the first shot, pretty likely to happen seeing the medical suspensions that the New Jersey board will probably hand out

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    As far as I know he was dropped by man utd cause he's crap.....now as far as Brain Foster goes....well I dunno, but it looked very nasty the way it bent last night :eek:

Seeing as we're having a spelling contest who's Brain Foster? :P

scudzilla wrote: »
    Seeing as we're having a spelling contest who's Brain Foster? :P

BrIan's smarter twin, also a cousin of Ben :D

Devastator wrote: »

Hope no serious damage.

I get bit tired of Jardine, was happy to see Bader beat him last night.

Why should Mir not get the chance if he beats Carwin? Lesnar got another shot at Mir having only fought once since Mir beat him, so IF Mir wins against Carwin he will have fought and won twice. I think Velasquez will have another fight then taken on winner of Lesnar V Mir/Carwin. Although did read today IF Mir or Carwin get injured or can not fight by mid summer(for whatever reason) then Cain will get a chance

Who is this Brain Foster you speak of??

Michael Cro Cop had a good win though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Lol. He won't be taking anymore kickouts by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

This might be interesting to some of you...

I watched UFC 110 with Brazilian commentary (I don't speak Portuguese) and it really made me realise how Rogan and Goldberg screw up how you view fights. For example, there was no doubt in my mind Silva won, but I can see many people who I'm assuming watched with the normal commentary on are having a harder time seeing this.

So although I do find Rogan and Goldberg entertaining, I think they actually slightly screw up how you see the fight.

AARRRGH wrote: »

I watched UFC 110 with Brazilian commentary (I don't speak Portuguese) and it really made me realise how Rogan and Goldberg screw up how you view fights. For example, there was no doubt in my mind Silva won, but I can see many people who I'm assuming watched with the normal commentary on are having a harder time seeing this.

So although I do find Rogan and Goldberg entertaining, I think they actually slightly screw up how you see the fight.

This comes up sometimes from various places, mainly with people watching it with the sound off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Did you watch the silva fight again with the R/G commentary?
    They weren't particularly biased either way. The reason people thought the Silva/Bisping fight was a close call was because it was a close call.
    The first was Bisping's. The second was very tough to call but Silva's plan to push the last 30 seconds of every round seemed to win it for him with the guillotine attempt (which was the result of a Bisping takedown). And then he probably stole the 3rd and the fight with the last flurry.
    My overall impression of the fight would be Bisping scoring a lot of takedowns and Silva swinging for the fences; pushing extra hard in the last 30 seconds of each round. The judges could easily have swung the other way on a different night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yeah I have noticed Rogan will always get behind certain guys and claim that its a close fight even if they are taking a beating. Even though that is part of their job its easy to the tell fighters Rogan is close with.

I remember disputing the Griffin/Rampage fight with a friend of mine who thought it only seemed like Rampage was robbed because of Rogan's commentary. He suggested watching it back while muted, which made it even more obvious that he was robbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Well it lived up to expectation anyway; very dissapointed in nogueira didn't think Cain would win by ko but shows he's up there at the top now.

Delighted Wandi won, he put on a great show I had it 29-28 wandi.

Said it in my first post that sotorcantspellhisnameopolus woul be a tough competitor but I didn't think he would totally dominate a very good competitor, I thought stevenson was too small for him and couldnt get the punches in, that puts him in a nice position now.

good submission by lytle and CB dollaway looked good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Wanderlei nearly had bisping finished twice. There was no doubt he won rounds 2 and 3 in my mind and defo won the overall fight. Bisping fought well though, and it was close at times - but wanderlei is just on another level. I think he could very well have finished him earlier if he had opted to fight berserker style, instead of so strategically..

Little bit shocked over Nog. I hope he retires now. Cain is a beast btw.

Stiropulous has the most fun groundgame in the ufc. That guys transitions are sick.

Good card overall. Best since ufc 100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I think if Carwin beats Mir he should have the next shot at Lesnar as he was next in line anyway and missed out through no fault of his own.

If Mir wins though I think Cain should get the shot first. I'd prefer seeing Lesnar fight someone fresh. It's not like another fight with Mir will be that much different to the first 2, i.e. Lesnar pounding on Mir. Mir hoping to catch a sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone else think Goldy looked, sounded and acted like he was coked off his face at the start of the show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

oh and I forgot to say jardine looked ****, what happened "the dean of mean"? I think he's had his day, bader looked good, that's put him up there in the mix now too.

sonic.trip wrote: »
    oh and I forgot to say jardine looked ****, what happened "the dean of mean"? I think he's had his day, bader looked good, that's put him up there in the mix now too.

Glad Bader changed his nickname to Darth too.

It was always Darth in his UFC career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

what was his nickname before?

Yea, I always thought it was Darth :confused:

Good performance, but Jardine is not really a top guy anymore..

Id like to see Bader and Jones at some stage..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

If Mirko can win his next fight, I'd love to see him and Randy fight

Gerard.C wrote: »
    If Mirko can win his next fight, I'd love to see him and Randy fight

how about if Mirko beats Rothwell in his next fight (very likely to be UFC 112), Cro Cop vs Nogueira II ??

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    It was always Darth in his UFC career

You sure? Could have sworn that at the TUF Finale he used something else which both myself and brother thought was stupid considering he did go ahead and use Vader's theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yup it's always been darth, he even used it in the audition tape for tuf, if memory serves it was actually a funny audition tape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Brilliant UFC :) Only getting to watch it now

Cain is a beast, terrific win, hope he pushes on now and beats Lesnar. Won't be an easy one though.

Silva was terrific also, completely steered the fight and as mentioned, could have won it a couple times. Bisping made a couple of takedowns in the first round I think, but wasn't up to much else. Silva's face looks totally different, thought it was just his nose that got fixed :eek:

Mirko was disappointing again. The stand-in guy has some balls taking the fight, but he's absolute pony. A few years ago, Mirko would have destroyed him in the first round, easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,616 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dave! wrote: »
    Silva was terrific also, completely steered the fight and as mentioned, could have won it a couple times. Bisping made a couple of takedowns in the first round I think, but wasn't up to much else. Silva's face looks totally different, thought it was just his nose that got fixed :eek:

He looks a lot different because he dropped 20lbs too.
    And I think you are wrong saying that Bisping wasn't up to much. He clearly won the first round. Silva, clearly the third. The second was incredibly close, with Silva edging it.
    The close of round flurry has a huge impact on round opinions.

However, a few seconds longer and Bisping ws out

Mellor wrote: »
    He looks a lot different because he dropped 20lbs too.
    And I think you are wrong saying that Bisping wasn't up to much. He clearly won the first round. Silva, clearly the third. The second was incredibly close, with Silva edging it.
    The close of round flurry has a huge impact on round opinions.

However, a few seconds longer and Bisping ws out

So what was the event like live? Did Dana say anything handy at the Q&A?

Dave! wrote: »
    Mirko was disappointing again. The stand-in guy has some balls taking the fight, but he's absolute pony. A few years ago, Mirko would have destroyed him in the first round, easily.

The theory that was floated by some Mirko fans on the net is that he didnt want to kick the stand-in's head off because Mirko respected him for taking the fight at short notice as well as being a fellow Croatian. Not sure if I entirely believe that one.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow... Cain was leathal. I couldnt see much that wasnt focused and technically excellent. The guy just went to work and made it look like another day at the office. Very impressed.

Bisping was practically out at the end of round 3, so much so that many thought the ref had stopped it in the dying seconds. I dont like Bisping particularly, too much of the "lager lager" in his attitude for my tastes. Someone said he had plenty of takedowns?? He tried for plenty, but I dont think he got more then 3 or 4 and was guillotined in one, badly. For the latter half of the fight, he struggled at the take down game. There's no way he won that fight imho.

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    I dont like Bisping particularly, too much of the "lager lager" in his attitude for my tastes.

Personally never got that from him listening to the tonnes of radio shows he has done over the years, in my view it is something which want Bisping to live it to rather than something he actively exhibits.

rovert wrote: »
    in my view it is something which want Bisping to live it to rather than something he actively exhibits.

What? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

What?

I'm going with:
    in my view it is something which they want Bisping to live up to rather than something he actively exhibits.

ah. That makes a bit more sense!

Thx for the translation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Nog getting KO'd like that was saddening. Although he didnt look with it to be honest. I hope he retires after this

Cain on the other hand looked very impressive. Powerful kicks, awesome boxing and his ground game is "apprently" good. Needs to be tested though, hah. The hype is true, he is the full package

Advertisement