Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CorribCharts.com goes live! - Digital charts for Lough Corrib

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

John.

Just out of interest, are you involved in the waterway/marine environment in a professional way.

I ask because I myself am a sailor,blackrock swimmer and Marine science student myself, and read many of your posts with interest.

Hope you don't think of me being to nosy!
    Don't think you're being nosy at all. To answer your question I have no professional connection with any waterways/marine enviornment. I do, however have a huge emotional attachment with the water and am hooked on anything water related.

I do race powerboats though and spend a lot of time powerboating for fun. I have been involved with powerboat events in Galway and hope to be even more involved in the future aswell as having a good relationship with many people attached to the waterways on a professional basis. To summarise: Powerboating is my hobby
    moonshadow wrote: »
    so thats your tag...........Ralf;-)
    ;) I use boards for more humoured posts

We now have a dedicated "GPS Chartmaking Tutorial" section on the CorribCharts.com page.

Full details & tutorials: http://www.corribcharts.com/gps_chartmaking_tutorials.html

Makes for some interesting reading!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Great stuff John, keep it up, great to meet you last Monday.

Dave.

Steyr wrote: »
    Great stuff John, keep it up, great to meet you last Monday.

Dave.

I'd forgotten about that; it's been a blurry week! I was getting a taste for the Mulled Wine when everyone else was getting tired :pac:

Great to meet you too - will see you around i'm sure!

(PS. Please don't tell the rest of them that i'm really a 16 year old Swiss foreign exchange student)

We are delighted to announce that the latest version of CorribCharts has now been optimized for the Nuvi and will be released shortly as a separate "Nuvi" installation. You now have access to depths and other marine features. While it is not as versatile as the proper marine version running on non-automotive units, it gives access to all the information needed for fishing or boating. This Nuvi version is expected to be released by the end of January. Current subscribers will automatically receive this updated version. If you are not a subscriber and wish to obtain the latest version of CorribCharts which will include the Nuvi version please click here

See attached screenshot of CorribCharts running on a Garmin GPSMap 551s and a Garmin Nuvi 1300

Want to obtain CorribCharts for your Garmin G2 GPS or Nuvi but don't know how, or scared by technology? No problem! Drop us an e-mail and we will post out an SD Card with the latest version of CorribCharts installed. Just insert into device and go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Well done!!

Used it on Nuvi for first time yesterday and visited Greenfields without losing a prop:)
    Changes everything.

Advertisement