Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan v Manchester United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

quad_red wrote: »
    And miss out on even a second of Cascarino's cutting incisiveness?

Would he describe Milan's performance during the second half as "crumbling like a deck of cards" like he said before about Liverpool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

He didn't. The follow up question was did you let your feelings be known.

He said yes but after the booking I learnt my lesson.

He was talking about the ref.

No he wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

As far as I'm concerned Nani got an assist in a big game. Yes he made plenty of mistakes but most of his crosses were into good areas it's just the players seemed to be reluctant to take chances in the box and were afraid to commit players forward for a lot of the game. Pretty much the only time someone from midfield got into the box to support Rooney it was Scholes and Nani found him and he scored. Go figure :rolleyes:

No he wasn't.

ok you are right and everyone else is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

TV3 coverage almost ruined a great match for me. Weird kind of game, obviously a great result for Man U but no shortage of negatives to be drawn from the game either, the defence was poor, Nani's delivery was shocking at times, misplaced simple passes in the midfield in the first half, then Carrick getting sent off and a goal back for AC...

Still, if all those things are going to go wrong - let it happen on the night they win 3 - 2 away against AC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Seaneh wrote: »
    He is a great shot stoper/instinct keeper but he is so bad at everything else and he has no ****ing brain, he has won us a lot of games with great saves over the year but all too often he ****s up and makes a balls out of a simple cross and that's just not good enough for a club like Milan.

A few years ago I would have put him down as the best keeper in the world.

If he's talking about the ref...he says ref...as he has done many many times. Were you getting frustrated with relying on scraps...and that's when he said it. What has that got to do with the ref?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No he wasn't.

mate

it was the ref

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Of course it was at nani...all through the match he was furious at Nani and we could see that. When he was asked about being frustrated he almost said it...and then probably thought to himself...ah they know what im thinking so i may as well just say it.

So explain the second question and answer to me.

If he's talking about the ref...he says ref...as he has done many many times. Were you getting frustrated with relying on scraps...and that's when he said it. What has that got to do with the ref?!

if he says ref he'll get in trouble for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

You mean when he said no, it was more some people weren't doing their job correctly.

From goal celebrations it seems Rooney and Nani are good mates so I don't think he would that harsh to him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Some shambolic defending and passing in that game. Rooneys first so reminded me of the goal Larsson scored in the UEFA Cup final in Seville for Celtic

We're all entitled to our opinions. Gullit, Souness and keys also felt he was referring to nani. Not that that's any confirmation mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Liam O wrote: »
    most of his crosses were into good areas

I can't agree with this. His service was abysmal. He kept trying the same crosses all night. You'd think after the first 4 or 5 nott reaching anyone, you'd change your strategy. The only person he was picking out consistently was Dida.

Liam O wrote: »
    From goal celebrations it seems Rooney and Nani are good mates so I don't think he would that harsh to him tbh.

didnt cole and sheringham celebrate goals too ;)

na but seriously it was the ref he was referring to, that's why he got the yellow card for

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

What a crazy game!

Absolutely epic, mental and physical collapse by Milan in the second half. They looked like they'd had a big roast dinner at half time or something because after the break they gave United so much space and time on the ball it was laughable.

Park playing more centrally was unusual for us but I think it worked reasonably well.

Rooney was clinical when the chances eventually came his way. His first header, in particular, was superb.

VDS had a very good game, he made some handy saves and dealt with crosses very well. We would have conceded a lot more if he hadn't been so good.

For Milan, Ronaldinho was a joy to watch at times tonight. He's well capable of creating a few goals in the second leg - this tie is still wide open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I can't agree with this. His service was abysmal. He kept trying the same crosses all night. You'd think after the first 4 or 5 nott reaching anyone, you'd change your strategy. The only person he was picking out consistently was Dida.

Rooney and Park were terrible for not running though. On occasion Rooney would stop in the middle of the box and expect it played into his feet from the wing. Park was nowhere, he rarely ever showed for it in the final third and when he did he was tripping on others' toes. So I don't think it's fair to blame Nani for a lot of that, communication seemed absolutely appalling throughout the park from United. I really think a lot of it was Ferguson's fault, the formation was very strange and no one seemed to know where they were playing!

Headshot wrote: »
    didnt cole and sheringham celebrate goals too ;)

na but seriously it was the ref he was referring to, that's why he got the yellow card for

But mate. Seriously. I think you're wrong.

• Advertisement

your looking for somthing that's not there mate

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

great game. highly enjoyable. funny goals too! :D
    wayne rooney definately showing the world stage what hes capeable of come world cup time. utd seemed to get a bit dumbstruck in defence at times and had a very sloppy first half. i expect them to win a tidy 1-0 at old trafford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

very enjoyable game. Thought Fletcher was outstanding for United. Rafael was caught out very badly for the second goal, instead of passing the ball out of defence he tries to run past a man, loses the ball, and it's played out to Ronaldinhio who has all the time in the world because of the big Rafael shaped hole at right back. Infuriating.

I thought the game was screaming out for Berbatov, possibly to come on for Park who was entirely ineffective second half.

The second goal took the gloss off from a United point of view but still, a job well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Regarding the Ref vs Nani thing. Let's agree to disagree. In the big scheme of things I doubt anything will come of it anyway.

your looking for somthing that's not there mate

:)

Maybe, but it seemed so obvious when i saw it live. I was actually amazed when people were saying that he was talking about the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Have you not been told by two peole who quoted the interview that he went onto explain he was talking about getting booked!?

What else do you need?!

• Advertisement

Regarding the Ref vs Nani thing. Let's agree to disagree. In the big scheme of things I doubt anything will come of it anyway.

I don't agree to that! :D

kmart6 wrote: »
    Have you not been told by two peole who quoted the interview that he went onto explain he was talking about getting booked!?

What else do you need?!

lol..."have you not already been told by two boardsies that you're wrong..so you must be wrong" Get a grip.

I've watched the interview a couple of times and i still think I'm right. Which i am entitled to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Not at all sure what to make of that.

Result is great but not happy about a lot of things in that game. Expecting much better in the 2nd leg. So annoyed about conceding that late goal and just drawing pressure onto ourselves unnecessarily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Quite obviously the ref, in fairness. Players don't do that on their teammates - especially not in a win in which he got two goals.

TBH, I think you think it should have been Nani, and that's why you think it's him.

The interviewer asked him was it about the lack of crosses, and Rooney said No, it was other things - people not doing their job. Surely if it were Nani, he'd have just agreed with the Interviewer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Nemanja91 wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Ok...people I was texting are making u-turns on me. Is...it...possible...that I'm wrong?! If enough people think I am then I guess I must be! Damn.

Ahem, I'm sorry. Are you seriously referring to Dida?
    didnt cole and sheringham celebrate goals too

Agreed. I can't see Rooney being a c*** and slagging off Nani, especially given the improvement in his game in the past month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I remember when Huntelaar was considered a prospect :) He should have buried his chance for 2-0.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I remember when Huntelaar was considered a prospect :) He should have buried his chance for 2-0.

Huntelaar is still an excellent striker. He's just more of the standard of Spurs or Villa (just referring to their position at the moment, rather than any snobbery :)), than amongst the top clubs in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Huntelaar is still an excellent striker. He's just more of the standard of Spurs or Villa (just referring to their position at the moment, rather than any snobbery :)), than amongst the top clubs in Europe.

Absolutely but I meant that there were hopes he would be the new RvN, goal machine at the highest level.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Absolutely but I meant that there were hopes he would be the new RvN, goal machine at the highest level.

There was hopes but no Dutch person I've spoke to ever truely believed it would happen. RvN was/is a phenomenon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

TV3 are a shambles! Even there interviews there with the players the camera isnt even facing the players and the questions they ask are embarassing.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Trevor Welch sounded absolutely terrified doing the post match interviews. Shambles of a station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

L5 wrote: »
    wow, rooney is pissed off with Nani, see the skysports interview "some people not doing their job right"
    He was referring to Nani. This is obvious. And you know it.
    Ok...people I was texting are making u-turns on me. Is...it...possible...that I'm wrong?! If enough people think I am then I guess I must be! Damn.

Yup epic fail and all that, he even said he was frustrated with the ref afterward he mentioned that comment but had to concentrate on his game. Interview is on Sky Sports News.

RasTa wrote: »
    Yup epic fail and all that, he even said he was frustrated with the ref afterward he mentioned that comment but had to concentrate on his game. Interview is on Sky Sports News.

Epic fail? Christ are you 12?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Interpreting a straight forward comment to turn it into a drama and over shadow Rooney's performance - Christ, are you a tabloid journalist?

Archimedez wrote: »
    Interpreting a straight forward comment to turn it into a drama and over shadow Rooney's performance - Christ, are you a tabloid journalist?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Did you not read what was right after or do you normally hear two words and then comment on the subject, maybe you just don't get my dry wit.

RasTa wrote: »
    Did you not read what was right after or do you normally hear two words and then comment on the subject, maybe you just don't get my dry wit.

Nah, you used the words epic fail and I just gave up tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

designer-handbags.jpg

I like the black one.

Red of course ;)

:rolleyes:

That's it, you show him what it is to be grown up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Oh, you goys !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He was one of the best keepers in the world the year we beat Juve and the year we lsot to Liverpool he was probably the best in the world, but 2 season out of 13? **** that, time to go Nelson!

Advertisement