Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan v Manchester United

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Someone !! Stop embarassign yourself - you are wrong get over it and stop trying to dig yoursefl out - the hole is just getting deeper

nah, he just needs to dig up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Anyone who thinks the tie is over is pretty silly imo.

United were utterly outclassed for a large part of that game. We had a luck goal and a great 20 minute spell where we finished our chances, but Milan by far had the better of us. Defensively we were shambolic, but our formation was just utterly retarded. Park off the front man, Fletcher on the left wing? Ab-****ing-surd. We got overrun in midfield because of it.

Fletcher despite this, was imo, MOM by a country ****ing mile. Unbelievable performance. I'm putting this out there right now, if we win the CL, it'll be because of him. Yes Rooney is amazing, but Fletcher is driving the team from the middle.

Milan outclassed us. Could easily have had 3-4 goals in the first half. If they get to Old Trafford and play like that, United are in real ****ing trouble.

Hopefully Vidic will be back and hopefully Fergie will employ different ****ing tactics, but I am bloody relieved to come away from that game with a 3-2 goal

Also, people who are saying Ronaldinho was all show, are you nuts?

He scored the goal and got the assist for the second. He had end product, and was the cause of Milans 2 goals. Beyond that, he was a constant threat. He played fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

PHB wrote: »

United were utterly outclassed for a large part of that game. We had a luck goal and a great 20 minute spell where we finished our chances, but Milan by far had the better of us. Defensively we were shambolic, but our formation was just utterly retarded. Park off the front man, Fletcher on the left wing? Ab-****ing-surd. We got overrun in midfield because of it.

Fletcher despite this, was imo, MOM by a country ****ing mile. Unbelievable performance. I'm putting this out there right now, if we win the CL, it'll be because of him. Yes Rooney is amazing, but Fletcher is driving the team from the middle.

Milan outclassed us. Could easily have had 3-4 goals in the first half. If they get to Old Trafford and play like that, United are in real ****ing trouble.

Hopefully Vidic will be back and hopefully Fergie will employ different ****ing tactics, but I am bloody relieved to come away from that game with a 3-2 goal

Sorry PHB, but the only thing I agree with there is that the tie is not over. Not by a long shot.

Fergie got the tactics spot on if you ask me. How much of Andrea Pirlo did you see last night? I barely noticed him apart from an audacious free kick attempt which you expect from him, but you can hardly stop him from doing that. Park did an excellent job - hassled him whenever he got the ball and always seemed to be standing in the way of whichever Milan player had the ball and Pirlo. As for Fletcher, I dont know how you can berate where he was played. He was given a free roaming role throughout the midfield which he dominated, setting up 2 goals from both the left and right wing.

The only reason Milan looked so dominant in the first half is because Ronaldinho and Pato were given no tracking back duties on the wings, so Milan had an instant output whenever a United attack broke down. There were very few spells of Milan possession in midfield, it was always in the Ronaldinho or Pato area of the field. In comparison, I thought United controlled possession in midfield brilliantly (although there were a few misplaced passes from Scholes in the first half, but this was down to individal errors) and they had to keep possession there to allow Park, Nani, Rafael, Evra, Rooney et al to get into position for an attack. The only thing Milan had going for them was forwards already in an advanced position when a United move broke down, which is what led to their various chances. This is why Ferguson was going apeshit at Evans and co, because he saw how easy this game should have been, and defensive lapses were allowing Milan far too many chances - very few came from genuine Milan quality. Dont forget, we ourselves could have had 4 or 5 too.

To an extent, we can count ourselves lucky but Milan can count themselves a hell of a lot more fortunate that they are still in this considering they were the home team last night.

Also, people who are saying Ronaldinho was all show, are you nuts?

He scored the goal and got the assist for the second. He had end product, and was the cause of Milans 2 goals. Beyond that, he was a constant threat. He played fantastic.

Compare him to Fletcher, who showed you can be the cause of two goals and actually look like you give a toss about your team. That's why Im berating Ronaldinho.

Who cares how he looks? Berbatov has a languid style also. Actions speak louder than words and his actions were fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Surprisingly I agree with the majority of this post. I'm hoping Fergie deploys different tactics too (which he will) and that Vidic will be back. Milan could have been 3-0 up after 25 mins....so in a sense they did outclass us in the first half, picking holes in and just in front of the United defense.

Come the 50 to 80 minute United were on top. When the 2nd goal went in Milan seemed to collapse.

Archimedez wrote: »
    Fergie got the tactics spot on if you ask me. How much of Andrea Pirlo did you see last night? I barely noticed him apart from an audacious free kick attempt which you expect from him, but you can hardly stop him from doing that. Park did an excellent job - hassled him whenever he got the ball and always seemed to be standing in the way of whichever Milan player had the ball and Pirlo. As for Fletcher, I dont know how you can berate where he was played. He was given a free roaming role throughout the midfield which he dominated, setting up 2 goals from both the left and right wing.

Sorry, he was not given a free roaming role. He was put on the left wing. He was our left winger. It is a testament to his talent that he still managed to play a big role in our goals. However, if he had been in the centre, I guarantee you, Milan would not have created so many chances in the first half.

Park was given the free roaming role.
    The only reason Milan looked so dominant in the first half is because Ronaldinho and Pato were given no tracking back duties on the wings, so Milan had an instant output whenever a United attack broke down. There were very few spells of Milan possession in midfield, it was always in the Ronaldinho or Pato area of the field.

Who cares what tactics they used? They used them. Barca employ a similar system. You could say United only looked good int he past because Ronaldo didn't track back. The point is, Milan were able to let Ronaldinho and Pato do no tracking back and it worked for them.
    In comparison, I thought United controlled possession in midfield brilliantly (although there were a few misplaced passes from Scholes in the first half, but this was down to individal errors) and they had to keep possession there to allow Park, Nani, Rafael, Evra, Rooney et al to get into position for an attack. The only thing Milan had going for them was forwards already in an advanced position when a United move broke down, which is what led to their various chances. This is why Ferguson was going apeshit at Evans and co, because he saw how easy this game should have been, and defensive lapses were allowing Milan far too many chances - very few came from genuine Milan quality. Dont forget, we ourselves could have had 4 or 5 too.

Twice last night, twice, we gave the ball away resulting in a very dangerous counter attack. Lets not forget, Rio fouled Ronaldinho on the edge of the box in what may have been a straight red card had the ref given it.

Milan exploited our horrible defending, which was there, but they exploited it. While they didn't finish, they had teh better of possession and the better of attack. Honestly, watch the first half again, because it seems to me like you're focusing mostly on what happened in the second half.
    To an extent, we can count ourselves lucky but Milan can count themselves a hell of a lot more fortunate that they are still in this considering they were the home team last night.

Milan sucked in the 2nd half, for like 20 minutes. In those 20 minutes, United destroyed them and got 2 goals. Milan were the better team for the other 70 minutes, and that includes the last 10 minutes, where they got a goal. Milan's system beat our system last night, I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise.

Who cares how he looks? Berbatov has a languid style also. Actions speak louder than words and his actions were fantastic.

If Berbatov played out on the wing, then your argument may be valid. Allowing a forward/striker a free pass defesively is dangerous enough, and rarely works out, but when you allow it to someone playing on the wing ahead of a relatively rookie wing back whose defensive qualities are already in question, against a team like United who are known for their quality in width, then you're asking for trouble. Like I said, fancy flicks and showboats aside, Ronaldinho was a disgrace last night.

• Advertisement

Who cares what tactics they used? They used them. Barca employ a similar system. You could say United only looked good int he past because Ronaldo didn't track back. The point is, Milan were able to let Ronaldinho and Pato do no tracking back and it worked for them.

Milan do not have the defensive midfield or wing backs that United or Barcelona have to allow that system to work. Im baffled as to how you even think "it worked for them". They lost, at home, while conceding 3 away goals. They obviously werent able to let Ronaldinh and Pato track back, because our 3 goals came from crosses from wide positions. Had they tracked back, they could have helped prevent them, but they didnt, because its an awful tactic not suited to their awful team.
    Twice last night, twice, we gave the ball away resulting in a very dangerous counter attack. Lets not forget, Rio fouled Ronaldinho on the edge of the box in what may have been a straight red card had the ref given it.

Ferdinand got the ball. It was not a foul. There's no point bringing in ifs and buts, especially when the correct decision was made. You can't villify Ferdinand for making a great tackle on the basis that the referee could have made the wrong decisions. Why would any defender make a tackle then? He saved a goal scoring opportunity.
    Milan exploited our horrible defending, which was there, but they exploited it. While they didn't finish, they had teh better of possession and the better of attack. Honestly, watch the first half again, because it seems to me like you're focusing mostly on what happened in the second half. Milan sucked in the 2nd half, for like 20 minutes. In those 20 minutes, United destroyed them and got 2 goals. Milan were the better team for the other 70 minutes, and that includes the last 10 minutes, where they got a goal. Milan's system beat our system last night, I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise

Im not arguing that our defense was horrible, and yes, Milan exploited it on 2 occassions, and it could have been more. But we exploited serious flaws in their tactics on 3 occassions and it also could have been more. Why do you think Fergie was so furious during the first half? He saw Milan were no great shakes, and were there for the taking. As the away team, we were always more burdened to get our tactics spot on, and Im sorry if the result is making me blind to the facts, but coming away with the 3-2 victory from the San Siro is a pretty damn good indicator that we got our tactics pretty right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

He wasn't prodded twice for **** sake.

Were you frustrated living off scarps?

No not really, it was more some people weren't doing there jobs, I don't really wanna talk about it.

Did you let your feelings be known?
    Yes off course, but after I got the yellow card I learned my lesson.

I don't care what the media are reporting Alan, because anything I have read they have left out the second question, which is the ****ing important one and trying to make some story out of it.

Have a read of the link that's quoted above.
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/158652/Raging-Wayne-Rooney-turns-the-tide-for-Manchester-United

That's actually pretty pathetic journalism.

Here's what they claim Rooney said:
    “I was very frustrated with a lot of things in the first half,” he said. “Some people were not doing their jobs right and I let my feelings be known. We learned from that and we won the game. It was a bad start but we did well to get back into it and fully deserved to win.”

Like you, they're trying to claim Rooney was annoyed at his team mates, and not the ref.

Here's what he actually said, as pointed out a few pages ago:
    Interviewer: "Were you getting a bit frustrated in the first half because you seemed to only have scraps to feed on?"
    Rooney: "No, it was probably more with the...I]laughs[/I...a lot of things really, I dont really want to say but some....some....some people werent doing their job right."
    Interviewer: "Did you let your feelings be known?"
    Rooney: "Yeah of course, you know, everyone gets frustrated now and again but, got the booking and learned from it and went on and managed to help us win the game."

Seriously, the interview is on the Sky Sports website, its on youtube, and Im sure its on countless other websites. Why won't you watch it? Absolutely headwreacking how wrong you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I presume you are talking about this.
    “I was very frustrated with a lot of things in the first half,” he said. “Some people were not doing their jobs right and I let my feelings be known. We learned from that and we won the game. It was a bad start but we did well to get back into it and fully deserved to win.”

If thats supposed to be what he said on Sky Sports last night, its one gigantic misquote. Thats not what he said and not how he responded to the interviewer. Just watch the skysports interview again, I'll even link the post for you

I'll take what I can see rather than what some shoddy journalist wants to take from it, and print.

Suppose only one man knows for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

no, not only one man.

everyone does.

you can watch the interview.

i'm not one for going out of my way for defending Utd, but as a 'smaller-time' journalist than a lot of these people, it kills me to see shoddy journalism given credit over an actual conversation, that you can logically watch, listen to, and derive an opinion from.

they're taking the p*ss out of the reader with that sort of journalism.

Yeah, and he was quite vocal about what he meant, and was as clear as he could be while staying within the rules of post match interview etiquette. But whether it be due to a dislike of Rooney, Nani or United in general, you seem to have derived something completely foreign from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Direct link
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid29318049001?bctid=66851697001

Dunno how he could be talkin about anyone bar the ref there

SlickRic wrote: »
    no, not only one man.

everyone does.

you can watch the interview.

I'm sorry, but I'm getting a little tired with pedantic know it alls on this thread who think that they know...well...it all.

On the pitch last night rooney was obviously furious with Nani on many occasions. In the post match interview he looked uncomfortable but the nani thing was obviously on his mind...when he mentioned the booking he seemed to be almost trying to cover it up. There was no obvious incidents with the referee last night imo...no more than usual anyway...and Wayne very rarely mentions referees after the match.

Also, the lads in the sky sports studio last night, upon seeing the interview live...immediately mentioned Nani...it was obvious to them as much as it was to me. That article above just reiterates what I believed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Amazingly Ruud Gullit summed up what I feel Milan's main problem was yesterday, and that is that they couldn't sustain the energy levels needed to play the way they were set up and that they simply ran out of energy. I'd say it was actually more that United taking the lead just drained the belief from the team, and with it went their energy levels.

When we scored the third goal, I remember noticing that Amborsini, Pirlo and Seedorf had effectively vanished. Fletcher was not too far out wide when he put in that cross, but the nearest Milan midfielder or forward to him was Pato. These were the areas which Beckham (who was off by this stage), Ambrosini and Pirlo were occupying in the first half, but they just couldn't/weren't arsed covering as much ground in the second half.

I agree with PHB about Ronaldinho, and I think the criticism of him is one that is often thrown at Berbatov and is a flawed one. Not every player is told to track back. This would not have been Ronaldinho's task given to him by his coach. Therefore he doesn't do it. If he had tracked back and chased every ball, he would not have been out wide on the left providing Milan's main outlet for their attacks. The majority of the times he got the ball, he looked dangerous. This is what you want and expect from your attacking players.

• Advertisement

There was no obvious incidents with the referee last night imo...no more than usual anyway...and Wayne very rarely mentions referees after the match.

A) No obvious incidents? So getting a booking for mouthing off to the Ref wasn't an obvious incident of Rooney's discontent with the ref's performance?

B) If Rooney mentions the referee, he gets banned from the next leg. Simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I'm sorry

This should have been your post tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Wayne very rarely mentions referees after the match.

he's not allowed.

watch the interview.

if you still genuinely think he's talking about Nani, then fair enough. but Rooney was p*ssed at some of the challenges, and then for the booking.

plenty of ammo there to be annoyed at the referee.

plus the Carrick sending off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Also, the lads in the sky sports studio last night, upon seeing the interview live...immediately mentioned Nani...it was obvious to them as much as it was to me. That article above just reiterates what I believed.

To be fair, Sky Sports also suggested during the Chelsea - Arsenal match that Terry going down after being clattered on the thigh could somehow be a consequence of him being physically stressed due to boning Wayne Bridge's wife. Richard Keys and co could read between the lines in a fcking colouring book.

Listen mate...i can see where you're coming from, I really can. And I don't want to be fighting with anyone about this...

but...all I'm trying to say is...when I watched the interview live last night...there was something about rooney...he looked uncomfortable...nervous...the way I'd imagine he'd feel if he was talking about a team mate...not the referee. But this is my opinion...I'm not insisting it upon anyone like so many of you are trying to do with me...I'm just stating what I interpreted from it.

carlop wrote: »
    To be fair, Sky Sports also suggested during the Chelsea - Arsenal match that Terry going down after being clattered on the thigh could somehow be a consequence of him being physically stressed due to boning Wayne Bridge's wife. Richard Keys and co could read between the lines in a fcking colouring book.

Yep, I agree with you 100%...but...they, like me, immediately after the interview got the impression that he was talking about Nani.

I'm sorry, but I'm getting a little tired with pedantic know it alls on this thread who think that they know...well...it all.

We are being pedantic? When you jump on the most ridiculous article with the biggest misquote to try back up your ridiculous claims.

Jesus even Mr Alan gave up after it was pointed out to him what was actually said.
    On the pitch last night rooney was obviously furious with Nani on many occasions.

Yes he was even choosing to take on shot at a very hard angle instead of giving Nani a simple ball out wide. However Rooney generally goes nuts at one or two players during a match especially when we are losing or on the back foot.
    In the post match interview he looked uncomfortable but the nani thing was obviously on his mind...when he mentioned the booking he seemed to be almost trying to cover it up. There was no obvious incidents with the referee last night imo...no more than usual anyway...and Wayne very rarely mentions referees after the match.

He always looks uncomfortable.

How the **** can what is on his mind be obvious to anyone but him. Well maybe Professor X from the X men but we are really getting ridiculous now.

No obvious incidents? He got booked for mouthing off at the ref. Is that not an incident? Does that not show that he was pissed off with the ref?

And he didn't mention the ref directly here either, I'm sure plenty of times he has said that things weren't going our way or whatever.
    Also, the lads in the sky sports studio last night, upon seeing the interview live...immediately mentioned Nani...it was obvious to them as much as it was to me.

Well then Sky Sports are talking ****.
    That article above just reiterates what I believed.

The article that has a giant mis quote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i aint given up! just taking a break until i can watch the interview again! :);)

We are being pedantic? When you jump on the most ridiculous article with the biggest misquote to try back up your ridiculous claims.

Jesus even Mr Alan gave up after it was pointed out to him what was actually said.

Yes he was even choosing to take on shot at a very hard angle instead of giving Nani a simple ball out wide. However Rooney generally goes nuts at one or two players during a match especially when we are losing or on the back foot.

He always looks uncomfortable.

How the **** can what is on his mind be obvious to anyone but him. Well maybe Professor X from the X men but we are really getting ridiculous now.

No obvious incidents? He got booked for mouthing off at the ref. Is that not an incident? Does that not show that he was pissed off with the ref?

And he didn't mention the ref directly here either, I'm sure plenty of times he has said that things weren't going our way or whatever.

Well then they are as thick as you, and being as it is Sky Sports its not hard to believe.

The article that has a giant mis quote?

Seriously mate, if this is how to behave with people in real life then I feel sorry for you. Everyone has a right to an opinion and that should be respected. Calling me thick for mine just about shows the level of maturity I'm dealing with here.

Seriously mate, if this is how to behave with people in real life then I feel sorry for you. Everyone has a right to an opinion and that should be respected. Calling me thick for mine just about shows the level of maturity I'm dealing with here.

...and when you make that opinion public everyone has the right to criticise it, argue with it, and also say what they think of said opinion.

• Advertisement

Dont take it personal mate, but most of the arguments you brought forward have been disproved, and it irked a few of us that you referenced a blatantly misquoted article to try and back up your point, and further referenced it even after it was pointed out that the article was wrong. If you still believe he was talking about Nani, then fair enough, no amount of evidence will disuade you and your entitled to that opinion, so lets leave it at that.

Of course. Without resorting to abuse.

Archimedez wrote: »
    Dont take it personal mate, but most of the arguments you brought forward have been disproved, and it irked a few of us that you referenced a blatantly misquoted article to try and back up your point, and further referenced it even after it was pointed out that the article was wrong. If you still believe he was talking about Nani, then fair enough, no amount of evidence will disuade you and your entitled to that opinion, so lets leave it at that.

Disproved by other's opinions. There's not a whole lot of evidence there tbh. This is just an argument of opinion versus opinion...let's get this straight...there are no facts here that declare that you're right and I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Disproved by other's opinions. There's not a whole lot of evidence there tbh. This is just an argument of opinion versus opinion...let's get this straight...there are no facts here that declare that you're right and I'm wrong.

LOL

if you think that then there is no reasoning with ya at all. Read the whole interview and it will put it into context for you. If you prefer, you can read snippets as printed in the media who are clearly looking for a story to print. Which option you take is your choice and will dictate the view you take.

Actually you have been disproved by evidence. You said there were no incidents of Rooney being unhappy with the referee, then it was pointed out that he was booked for voicing his unhappiness at the referee. You also pointed out an article that backed up your opinion, we provided evidence that it was false by showing you what was actually said. Whatever, I tried to be civil, but at the end of the day, maybe you just like making thick posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

heres the rooney interview, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsVGSnpv4Kc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

lol you still arguing about this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ok i just watched it for the first time there.

Honestly, i dont think he would have said "Not doing his job right" if he was talking about Nani.

I think he would have murmered something like "Errrmmmm... Yaknow, wasnt quite gettin' the delivereeeee".

What he said seemed like a sly (not so sly) pop at the ref.

Now to talk about something that matters, i was delighted with the recovery we made, from playing terrible stuff and looking out of our depth, to flowing well and dominating the game. How many times have United had a bad start and continued to play that way, big one, CL Final last year. We did need a VERY lucky goal to kick us into gear but i thought the introduction of Antonio Valencia made us look like a serious threat away in Europe, if you would have told me i would be saying that about Valencia when we signed him i would have been surprised to be honest. My main gripe with us signing him was i didnt think he would cut it in the big games or the CL but i am delighted with him.

Wayne Rooney... I actually dont need to type anything.

No it shouldn't.

When people are simply wrong, they should be told so. You have a right to an opinion, but when you are wrong you are wrong and people have a right to let you know.

Hate this 'i'm entitled to my opinion' crap used by people to justify continually spouting crap.

You're wrong, simple as that. I don't care if it is your opinion, it is WRONG.

• Advertisement

Of course. Without resorting to abuse.

your argument basically boils down to saying that Rooney was booked for giving out to Nani.

That is what you are saying.

It is freaking stupid to suggest a player would be booked for giving out to his own team mate.

Suppose you reckon Fergie should have been sent to the stand for having a go at Evans.

Unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

He means the ref, people should stop looking for angles on their own agendas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

'No, probably more with the BLANK'

the keyword that he prevented himself from saying. Somehow doubt he was going to say the Nani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Last night when i watched the interview first my first opinion was that he was on about Nani but this morning after watching it again and mainly reading what he actually said i truly believe it was the referee that he was on about and I'm pretty sure that the lads on sky sports could have changed their opinions also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    but i thought the introduction of Antonio Valencia made us look like a serious threat away in Europe, if you would have told me i would be saying that about Valencia when we signed him i would have been surprised to be honest. My main gripe with us signing him was i didnt think he would cut it in the big games or the CL but i am delighted with him.

Wayne Rooney... I actually dont need to type anything.

I have to be honest, I didn't really watch much of Valencia when he was at Wigan, I certainly wasn't looking out for him even when I did watch them but since his first performance from United I've thought he was a great player. His pace is something else and he has great power. He can make space for a cross and make a great delivery.

I've always had a soft spot for Nani and really hope Fergie starts playing him on the left and Valencia on the right when Nani comes back because even when Nani has a bad game he always seems to chip in with an assist. I just hope they can both be accomodated because Nani seems to have a good understanding with Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Liam O wrote: »

the keyword that he prevented himself from saying. Somehow doubt he was going to say the Nani

BLANK = Diouf?

It makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Liam O wrote: »

WHOS THE NANI!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    WHOS THE NANI!!!

who's YOUR nani?! :pac:

Advertisement