Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan v Manchester United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

May be dominating but end of the day they aren't taking the chances they're making so have to take 1-1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

If we somehow manage to get past Milan. Rooney being on a booking could prove costly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Johner wrote: »
    Lol and Milan should have scored another 3. You think you deserve to be level?

Milan are dominating United.

Oh god no. Just pointing out that the luck has evened it self out.

Milan missing chances is there own fault nothing to do with luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

United rode their luck a bit, but AC have to ask questions of themselves too. They were on top for most of that half but were incredibly wasteful. Ronaldinho's the only one of their forwards who is having a good game. Both teams somewhat uninspiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Quandary wrote: »
    Utd are so bloody lucky to be goin in all square. Fergie had better bust some heads now, while he's at it tell Carrick to go home.

To be fair Milans goal was mighty lucky in its self.
    0-0 would be a fair scoreline although Milan have been much better than United.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The TV3 situation was so aannoying i streamed the rest of the game, from25 mins on, and dear lord the sky commentators are terrible, unashamedly bisaed and insanely uninformed.

How people consider Andy Grey an expert is beyond me, the man talks through his arse non stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Milan should have had three goals at this stage. Jammy effort from Scholes. They are the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Liam O wrote: »
    Oh jesus christ, Carrick, in no way, has been near the worst player in that shambles of a performance and yet he seems to be taking most of the blame. Why?

Your right - Evans & Rafael were just as bad as him but they have a fraction of his experience. He plays like this far too often imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Seaneh wrote: »
    and dear lord the sky commentators are terrible, unashamedly bisaed .

Is this not understandable? annoying I know, but understandable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Personally I think Milan are a bit of a shambles. Ronaldinho is good going forward but will never be found in his own half. Their midfield is missing, their defense is fragile and their keepr just looks stupid with that thing around his neck! Never mind the fact that he was flapping like a fish out of water for Utd's goal.

As good as Milan are going forward they're equally as bad in defense so if Utd sort themselves out the should be able to beat them or at least take a draw to Old Trafford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Oh god no. Just pointing out that the luck has evened it self out.

Milan missing chances is there own fault nothing to do with luck.

True, Milan are going to regret all those missed chances. They need to score twice more i'd say.

°°°°°

Milan should have had three goals at this stage. Jammy effort from Scholes. They are the facts.

United's goal was lucky and against the run of play. Milan's goal was lucky although they deserved it. Football is weird sometimes.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

TV3 issue is not just tv3, it is a problem with the actual feed that they and other companies are using. A seperate feed is working fine but only some channels are using that one.

Seaneh wrote: »
    How people consider Andy Grey an expert is beyond me, the man talks through his arse non stop.

I'd imagine most share that opinion tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Personally I think Milan are a bit of a shambles. Ronaldinho is good going forward but will never be found in his own half. Their midfield is missing, their defense is fragile and their keepr just looks stupid with that thing around his neck! Never mind the fact that he was flapping like a fish out of water for Utd's goal.

As good as Milan are going forward they're equally as bad in defense so if Utd sort themselves out the should be able to beat them or at least take a draw to Old Trafford.

If Milan were a shambles in that half I dread to think what United were! :rolleyes:

°°°°°

To be fair to Ronaldinho he's been back and made a few tackles, which is not his usual MO, but he's doing it tonight.
    United need to change the formation, get a lot tighter and stop allowing the space that Milan have had in the first half.
    Back to Ronaldinho, United should really stop jumping in and commiting to challenges on him, he feed's off it, and it's not as if he's an unknown quantity. Time to wise up for United in this second half.

Glazers Out!

Milans midfield is missing?

Are you drunk?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

If Milan were a shambles in that half I dread to think what United were! :rolleyes:

Hopefully it can only get better from United, Fletcher needs to be in around the middle of the park and get Park out on the left. Wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall of the United dressing room, getting a right talking to I'd say!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Johnny Evans will be a shell of a man by the time he gets out of the dressing room

°°°°°

Hopefully it can only get better from United, Fletcher needs to be in around the middle of the park and get Park out on the left. Wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall of the United dressing room, getting a right talking to I'd say!:D

Park off, Berbatov on.
    We need to be holding the ball up in their half, so far that hasn't happened.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Dave! wrote: »
    Johnny Evans will be a shell of a man by the time he gets out of the dressing room

I shudder to think what the Da Silva lad will be like:pac:

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Come on Utd!!!!!!!!!!! this time:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Absolutely appalling midfield performance from United. Scholes, Fletcher and Carrick are a second rate midfield and they are being shown up here big time. Rio and Evans have been poor too but to be fair, Milan have had so many opportunities to run at them it's unreal.

Two jammy goals so far but if United are to get any sort of result here tonight it will be a massive turn around in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

TV3 issue is not just tv3, it is a problem with the actual feed that they and other companies are using. A seperate feed is working fine but only some channels are using that one.

? I'm watching TV3 on chorus digital in Dublin and I haven't had any problems. (delayed picture, sound out of sync etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Lol and Milan should have scored another 3. You think you deserve to be level?

Milan are dominating United.
    No they're not. They had three great chances courtesy of Utd mistakes.
    Dave! wrote: »
    F*ckin hell we have no right to be drawing right now

Ronaldinho is unplayable
    Unplayable? Ooook. he had a decent first half and Utd were very poor defensively.

Let's see what the second half brings..

Pro. F wrote: »
    Absolutely appalling midfield performance from United. Scholes, Fletcher and Carrick are a second rate midfield and they are being shown up here big time.

Nail on head. They aren't shielding the defence, they're giving it away all over the place and they're hoofing the ball up aimlessly.

Jesus....what was Evra at there!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

aaaand now there's a delay on the TV3 audio

Maybe we'll have it in sync in the next half.....

quad_red wrote: »
    ? I'm watching TV3 on chorus digital in Dublin and I haven't had any problems. (delayed picture, sound out of sync etc.)
    Well I'm watching the same and it was messed up for the whole first half!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

F**k it Evans, wake up!

Lets get a flaming grip on the game, hold onto possession - that chance came directly from Carrick losing the ball

Lyon one up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

good start to the half nearly undone by leaving Pato free but United have done well on the ball so far this half.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well I'm watching the same and it was messed up for the whole first half!!

Wasn't saying you weren't :p

Just pointing out it can't be a problem with the feed from the game if I'm not seeing any issues on Chorus in Dublin where I am.

That's all...

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Milans midfield is missing?

Are you drunk?

Yes, but I am in work so that's ok!

Don't get me wrong. Utd have been very very bad. But I think Milan's poor defense will cancel out their good attack and make them ordinary overall. But Utd do need to improve to take advantage of that. And as for their midfield, Scholes and Carrick seem to have plenty of space to pass around. With Pato and Ronaldinho staying up fron there is room on the wings. So the whole midfield, I feel, can be dominated by Utd if they play well. That is a big if by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how the hell is that a foul

and the ref evens up the game :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Woosh, stinger of a free kick from Pirlo.

Some attempt from Pirlo!!! Even better save!!

Anyone else think Nani is like Ronaldinho but without actual skill?

Fantastic atmosphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

That was some save alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

We need to get Park off, valencia on. nani over to the left. At the minute park is wasted up front and fletcher wasted on the left. Milan are looking good cos united are letting them:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

The Ref is whistle happy! Every 2 seconds he blows for something.

Anyone else think Nani is like Ronaldinho but without actual skill?

:confused:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Lyon one up
    Ah keep that out of here.....it's not about this game....and a spoiler tag is just temptation!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

We need to get Park off, valencia on. nani over to the left. At the minute park is wasted up front and fletcher wasted on the left. Milan are looking good cos united are letting them:mad:

Park is doing ok imo given the circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd like Valencia on at the 60 minute mark if it stays like this just to freshen it up. Team looks devoid of creativity.

Very poor crossing from Utd tonight. I'd like to see them try a few more balls through the middle. With only Rooney up front it's going to be hard for him to win any headers.

Much better in the second half from United, more positive

Nice again from VDS!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Nice again from VDS!

He's having an excellent game in fairness

• Advertisement
Advertisement